Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:59:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingToo Many Ninjas
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: Too Many Ninjas  (Read 60209 times)
Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2007, 06:23:36 PM »

You might want to think about adding a limit to the score.

Something high and impossible to humanely reach, but also something that hackers might go over, like 1000.

And make it so any score above 1000 would be DELETED.
...if that's possible. I never really looked into how these newfangled "high scores" work in actionscript.

I was JUST about to post that before you ninja'd me, there.
PSYCHIC POWERS.
eerr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2009, 12:44:34 AM »

I think the highscore updater is broken.

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »

Holy thread-bump Batman!

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2009, 01:07:21 AM »

I can't believe I never posted in this thread! I remember having a day off and watching it go. I was all "First Game ey? Who IS this Benzido guy?" Must've still been a Lurker back then.

Thank goodness for necromancy.

Um, right, great game, I was never really that good at it, but it's a favourite. Still go back and play it once in a while. Really simple and slick. Pure arcade experience, I guess! And hey, it really got the game making ball rolling for you, ey Benzido?

Beer! Beer! Beer!
undertech
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »

Thanks for the bump, this is great.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2009, 08:54:26 AM »

Someone needs their high score updated, Benzido!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »

FINALLY I have played this. I love it. Its so much fun and the music is great  Gentleman
undertech
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »

At first I thought 180 would be a reachable goal. But after reaching level 7, I don't know if anyone could sustain the lucky streak necessary to achieve it.

EDIT nevermind I'm just whining the skill and luck are out there:

EDIT got to addict! Is that a good thing? 3 digits here I come!

EDIT I'm a champion! My day has been improved.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:34:00 AM by undertech » Logged
eerr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »

At first I thought 180 would be a reachable goal. But after reaching level 7, I don't know if anyone could sustain the lucky streak necessary to achieve it.

EDIT nevermind I'm just whining the skill and luck are out there:

EDIT got to addict! Is that a good thing? 3 digits here I come!

EDIT I'm a champion! My day has been improved.

impossible you say?

By jacobbeland at 2009-02-26
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2009, 07:44:22 PM »

Ok I've raised the limit. Scores above 180 are now possible.
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »

Hi!

I recently discovered this and the game really fascinates me. It's one of the simplest games you could imagine yet great fun and actually pretty addicting!

I'd suggest some minor changes, though... that's just what I thought about while playing. I do think that it is pretty perfect in itself already but maybe some of those things might make the game even more fun to play: (most of those things should also be quite easy to integrate)
a.) The game really tends to get ridiculous at some point. Am I just not far enough or does the difficulty-curve's slope flatten at some specific point? I guess it should, because just surviving is already challenge enough at a certain level of difficulty. It would also make the highscore-system more... I don't know... motivating? Mostly because the highscores wouldn't seem as "hit into stone" as they are now. You really need godly reflexes to just pass a certain point.
b.) I like how reflected projectiles can kill flying ninjas... maybe the game could underline that mechanic a bit more as in (example):
      - Reflected Star Kills Ninja: +1 bonus score. (so 3 in total for 1 star, 1 ninja, 1 "combo")
      - Killed Ninja collides with another Ninja (which could be integrated as another killing-method?):  + 1 bonus score.
      - Ninja who was killed with a star collides with another Ninja:   + 1 bonus score.
      - Ninja is killed with his own star: +2 bonus score.

You could also play some kind of sound (like a "BONZAI"-cry or something) if a bonus-score is earned. A more high-pitched sound following up in case of a ninja->star->ninja combo might even enhance the "Peggle-Effect"

This might not have to do very much with strategy or skill but it could render the game more enjoyable as shown in the popular "casual game" Peggle (a Pachinko-clone).

c.) You could slightly alter the sword-controls to make them more ergonomic. A suggestion:
Down: Does nothing
Up     : Lifts the sword straight up into the air. (not really a defensive maneuver but a nice tool to enable the player to kill some ninjas or
                                                                                    shourikens that fly around above his head and earn bonus-points)
Right : Does exactly the same as it uses to.
Left   : Does Exactly the same as it uses to.
UpLeft: Does exactly the same as it uses to.
RightLeft: Does exactly the same as it uses to.
RightDown: Low diagonal sword position. (blocking his feet)
LeftDown: Low diagonal sword position. (blocking his feet)

And a graphical detail: Maybe the Samurai should memorize in which direction his last stance faced so if he hits to his left his "standing"-animation is also mirrored until he guards his right again. It appears slightly odd that the the character is facing right all the time.

Those were just some suggestions... not really critique or anything... hope you appreciate them. Smiley

Peace-out,
BaronCid

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Gryphon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2009, 12:11:51 PM »

This game rules!
Playing right now; more feedback later...

EDIT:

Played it a couple of times, highest score 48. You did a really nice job with this; I love the graphics! Controls are also good...I really don't have any criticism right now, everything seems perfect.

By the way...who the heck got 222 points?!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:23:44 PM by Nyogtha » Logged

undertech
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »

I doubt the difficulty ever flattens out - the furthest I ever got was 100 twice and things were still getting worse. What is true is that the longer you survive, the faster you rack up the kills since so many ninjas are impaling themselves onto your outstretched sword per second. If you are good (and lucky that you're not in an impossible situation) then it is perfectly possible to maintain just the right number of movements that will eliminate just the fatal blows. I would say 70% of ninjas+shurikens never pose a threat to you other than distraction, no matter the difficulty.

As for the high scores, I believe them now...people can get crazy good at these things!
Foxmulder42
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2016, 06:13:53 AM »

First I'm really sorry to resurrect this topic, but i just really wanted to make the creator of this game know that I love it ! After all these years I still think that it's the best little arcade game that has ever be made.

I may be a little over confident but I think I became one of the very best players of this game, if not the absolute best. There is a simple reason for me to think so, I have regulary intense training sessions on the game and i doubt that lot of people do the same :D

I have a youtube link for my previous best score :

(sorry for the music :/)

And here is my latest, 227 : http://hpics.li/6536de5

I've seen some old screenshots showing a high score of 240 by a guy called "NIG". I know it's possible to score someting like that but that does require a lot of time, practice and lots of trys and i think it's weird that nobody claimed that score on the internet.

Anyway, high scores are a thing but for me the average score is the best way to evaluate someone's level on this game. Mine is about 100 when im in average form, about 140 when Im motivated after a good warmup.

Is there still someone playing this game out there ? Can I dream about having a strong rival ? :D That would be really fun !
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic