Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:59:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHyper Gauntlet: Legacy of Nozzlethruster III v1.0.1 Released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hyper Gauntlet: Legacy of Nozzlethruster III v1.0.1 Released!  (Read 4081 times)
udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2013, 03:54:28 AM »

Hyper Gauntlet v1.0.1 Released!

Go buy it on Itch.io!

Or Indie Game Stand

• You can buy it from itch.io and IndieGameStand, Desura and Humble Store will follow.
  • You can still play v0.9 of Hyper Gauntlet free here, but you won’t be able to use power ups.
  • Since power ups offer a huge advantage to play, high scores from the free version will be kept separate from the paid version.
  • A new free version will be released soon, but it will only contain bug fixes. New features will only be found in the paid version of Hyper Gauntlet.
  • If you buy the beta version of Hyper Gauntlet, you will automatically receive the full version when that releases, no need to buy again. You will also get a steam key when it is Greenlit (and you can help Greenlight it by following this link).
  • If I can get you keys, etc. as new stores come online, then I’ll get you those free of charge.
  • If you find a bug, your best bet is to send it to my bug tracker. It guarantees you’ll get a personal response from me, and I’ll do my best to fix it ASAP.

Introduction

Enter the Hyper Gauntlet, an adrenaline infused manic dodge-em-up arena of high-speed obstacles and twitch reaction. Hurtle ever forwards through gaps between blue and red obstacles. With each obstacle passed your score increases, but so does your speed! Use the tactical slow motion to postpone the inevitable and rack up the high score. Do you have what it takes? The Hyper Gauntlet awaits.

Latest Free Playable Versions
(Web player (Unity) and Windows, Linux, OSX Distributions available)

Screenshots and Screengifs!

Videos!

What's to come?

Just hit v1.0 paid release! Woohoo! But since there's a lot to come after that, a devlog still feels worthwhile. Feedback and comments are crucial to shaping the future of Hyper Gauntlet (as they have been since its creation).

Pre-Release

Note: This list is incomplete. You can help by expanding it.

• Overhaul of high score system with medals, stats and possibly achievements
  • New power up: Ice - get points for smashing through blocks!
  • Return of the runs! Runs are sequences of increased difficulty such as high-frequency blocks or pre-designed sections of obstacles. These will reward you with power-ups.
  • Android version
  • Hyper Hyper Gauntlet mode for expert players.
  • Power downs! Reverse your controls, jump you to random positions suddenly, etc. Will augment your multiplier while active though.
  • Proper tutorial for new players.

After?

Note: If the list above was incomplete then this one is doubly so. Items here may change, be added or even removed, seemingly at random. You can help by expanding it.

• iOS version
  • Windows store version
  • Curved tracks
  • User music support

Feedback?

Much like with money or alcohol, if you have it I want it! The best kind of feedback is detailed feedback, and if you're in the habit of giving that kind of stuff out then I'd love you endlessly if you'd write a comment here.

If you find a bug or specifically have a feature to request though, I'd love you even more if you'd submit it to my Freshdesk set-up (no sign up required). This makes sure I see it and can respond to you when I've fixed it, or if I love the idea.

I'm interested in all sorts of feedback, but my topics of specific interest would be:

• Visual aesthetic
  • Sounds - particularly the swish sound when a block passes you
  • General feel (control styles, menu navigation, etc.)

Are you an LPer? Then I whole-heartedly give you permission to monetize videos of you playing, reviewing, commenting on, etc. Hyper Gauntlet! Go for it! If YouTube needs you to get a permission thing from me just tweet me at @UdellGames and I'll be happy to oblige.

Credits

Game development: Nicholas Udell (me!)
Music: DST
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:22:53 PM by udellgames » Logged

Find more of me elsewhere!

Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Skype
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:24:06 AM »

Looks EXTREME Screamy

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:51:59 AM »

Haha, thanks! That was the intention. My focus when making it was really on the feeling of speed and adrenaline. It's one of the reasons I decided to make it quite difficult with regards to initial speeds, borrowing from the sort of "frustration" games like, Super Meat Boy, TrackMania or Super Hexagon.

I hope it transfers over to play.

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 06:39:31 AM »

Been far too long since my last update, because I just haven't had much to show (bugs fixed aren't all that visible in screenshots), but here's a major update (and hopefully one will come every Saturday).

Lots of progress on Hyper Gauntlet this week, the main point being that I've finished the beta version! Right now I'm building a folder of PR material before the big push, but expect a release data and price sometime this coming week. Are you excited? I know I am!

Looking for more concrete changes? Allow me to show you using pixels!

I changed the background colours to ease confusion

I've altered how level ups work (now they give you power-ups!)

Transparent blocks now show you when you're immune to certain obstacles.

I've made ever so tiny cosmetic changes to the menu!

Aside from that I've also fixed every reported bug ever in Hyper Gauntlet, so the challenge now rests with the players to find brand new ones.

So that's it for this week, tune in some time next week for another Saturday Update!

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:13:10 PM »

This is looking great!

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 04:13:43 PM »

Thanks! Turns out making a trailer takes way longer than expected, but once that's done I'll have a release date announced!

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »

Hyper Gauntlet: Legacy of Nozzlethruster III v1.0 will launch in 14 days, on March 1st, 2014. Let’s have a look at the features you can expect from the launch release:

• Hurtle at whiplash-inducing speeds through a never-ending gauntlet of shiny blocks
  • Boost your score with reckless runs and power ups
  • Compete against the world for the highest score
  • “Just. One. More. Go.” replayability

Not only do you get all that for the low, low price of $5 but if you buy within the first week, you’ll get an early bird special of $3.50!

But wait, there’s more!

It’s a beta! So you’ll get the chance to help shape the future of Hyper Gauntlet by suggesting features and complaining when I change things, which I’m sure you’ll enjoy. You’ll also be able to mock the fools who waited until the final release to buy when the price will be higher. When I put it like that, it kinda sounds like an investment, doesn’t it?

Here’s what people who write professionally think of Hyper Gauntlet:

It’s the sort of thing you don’t stop playing until long after your day’s responsibilities have rotted or left you a series of very angry text messages. And then after that, it sits in the back of your skull, screaming to the forefront every time you blink, colorful squares rushing by behind your eyelids like midnight traffic.” – Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun

“Give Hyper Gauntlet 10 seconds of your time, and if you’re not gripped by then, fair enough, move on with your life. Otherwise, welcome to the leaderboards!” – Chris Priestman, IndieStatik

“My evening’s been lost to this reflex-based tunnel-racer.” – Julian Benson,PC Games N
Hyper Gauntlet flying through red blocks

So where do I buy it already?

First, wait until March 1st. Your desire to play Hyper Gauntlet right this very second is understandable, so if you want to play the free version 0.9 while you wait, go ahead.

Is it the 1st of March yet? Great! Then you should now be able to buy Hyper Gauntlet from any of the following sites (pending some verification / set up processes):

• udellgames.com, via a handy Humble Store widget!
  • itch.io
  • indiegamestand.com
  • Desura

What about Steam?

Steam is lovely, isn’t it? It is! That’s why I’ve decided to launch a Greenlight page for Hyper Gauntlet, but I need your help. If you go to my Greenlight page and click the “yes” button, Hyper Gauntlet will rocket up the rankings and with a bit of luck will be greenlit before breakfast. And when it’s Greenlit you’ll be able to buy it from Steam or – if you’ve already bought it from somewhere else by then – you’ll receive a key for the Steam version.

Give Hyper Gauntlet a thumbs up here! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227901354

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:08:51 PM »

Voted  Hand Thumbs Up Right

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 03:09:18 PM »

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 02:22:35 AM »

Hyper Gauntlet v1.0 Releases Today
Here's what you might need to know

Hyper Gauntlet releases at 11PM, GMT. Can you feel it? I can definitely feel it, it feels like excitement! Make a note of the following infos, because you might need it.

• For exactly 7 days, it will be priced at $3.50, after which it will increase to $5
  • You can buy it from itch.io and IndieGameStand, Desura and Humble Store will follow.
  • You can still play v0.9 of Hyper Gauntlet free here, but you won’t be able to use power ups.
  • Since power ups offer a huge advantage to play, high scores from the free version will be kept separate from the paid version.
  • A new free version will be released soon, but it will only contain bug fixes. New features will only be found in the paid version of Hyper Gauntlet.
  • If you buy the beta version of Hyper Gauntlet, you will automatically receive the full version when that releases, no need to buy again. You will also get a steam key when it is Greenlit (and you can help Greenlight it by following this link).
  • If I can get you keys, etc. as new stores come online, then I’ll get you those free of charge.
  • If you find a bug, your best bet is to send it to my bug tracker. It guarantees you’ll get a personal response from me, and I’ll do my best to fix it ASAP.

Well, I think that’s everything you need to know. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the comments section. If not, then I’ll see you at 11!

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »

Hyper Gauntlet v1.0 Released!

Go buy it on Itch.io!

And now Indie Game Stand
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:20:18 AM by udellgames » Logged

DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »

Fun game.

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 05:21:19 PM »

Hyper Gauntlet updated to v1.0.1

If you already own Hyper Gauntlet, please re-download it from your store page, and please consider voting for us on Steam Greenlight.

The game has been balanced to be faster and more fun, and I’ve fixed an important exploit to do with Slow Motion.

Unfortunately, these changes mean your high scores are going to be different to those made in v1.0.0, so your old high scores won’t show up. They’re still in my database though (and they’ll still show up in v1.0.0 too, if you’re curious), and I have plans for them in a later update, but for now your leader board is empty once more. If you’re interested in the other changes I’ve made to the game, there’s a full change log at the end of this post.

In the next Hyper Gauntlet version I hope to have implemented an automatic version checker that will tell you when a new version is available when you load the game.

Go buy it on Itch.io!

And now Indie Game Stand

Changelog

v1.0.1

• Fixed slow motion regeneration not happening after a delay
  • Increased base game speed
  • Changed how level ups work, now there will be larger speed changes earlier on and less noticeable speed changes when it is already difficult
  • Added separate volume control for sound effects
  • Altered vignette timing so colours come in faster
  • Fixed initial obstacle sets after level up not being faster
  • Minor graphics modifications
  • Added three separate graphics levels: Good, Bad and Ugly. (Difference is mainly Anti-aliasing levels)
  • Made the game over screen keep the “Press esc to return to menu” text up.

udellgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 02:17:43 AM »

It's been quiet on the updates front for a while now, but I assure you that it has definitely not been quiet on the development side of things. Work on Hyper Gauntlet continues at a great pace, and I'm pleased to be able to announce the features you can expect in v1.1 - the first "features" update.

• Hyper Sections - Every 3 levels the game enters an ultra-hard section. These could be incredibly fast, they could be incredibly dense in blocks or they could even be custom sections (perhaps spelling out a word or two). Completing a Hyper Section without losing a life is difficult, but the rewards will be great (although I'm still working on that).
  • Numpad Controls - New control scheme that maps each possible position to the numpad (and it's configurable, so you could really map it to anywhere).
  • Low Contrast Mode - The high contrast of Hyper Gauntlet's colours hurting your eyes? Turn on Low Contrast Mode to take it a bit easier.
  • Restart Mid-Game - Completely messed up? Just hit backspace to try again!
  • Update Checker - No more will you have to wait for me to email you when there's been an update. Now Hyper Gauntlet will tell you when your version is out of date! Don't worry though, you can still play out of date versions, but your scores will be segregated by version number to keep it fair.

I've also added Stripe as a payment method on itch.io, so you can now buy Hyper Gauntlet without registering, you just need your credit card!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic