Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:33:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs-
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: -  (Read 13101 times)
mpolney
-
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:58:29 AM »

-
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:56:49 PM by mpolney » Logged
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »

This sounds really interesting. I love the incrimination idea. Though I'm still kinda confused on how it works? I think once I see it played it will make more sense. Smiley

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »

Interesting idea and will be good to see it in motion, to understand it better.

What are you using to program?

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 05:21:17 AM »

Interesting concept .. is there going to be any sort of way to check the status of your run mid-way through it?  Is the judgement screen going to be more detailed or just pass/fail?
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 06:20:44 PM »

This is brilliant. Are there stealth elements too? it's not clear how you interact with the other characters.

Ultima Ratio Regum
Level 7

Game Studies Lecturer, "Ultima Ratio Regum" person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 08:52:01 PM »

This is a really interesting idea. How does the game check if you could have done it? Does it spawn a kind of virtual NPC who tries to carry out the theft, and if it can't succeed, then your foes assume you couldn't have either? This is intriguing.

nikolaus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 11:01:21 PM »

Very nice to see this in motion!

I still feel the visuals could be a bit more descriptive. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the line of evidence. Problem might be that it depends on the state changes in a timeline and is not able to communicate itself in a very clear, visual way.

Would be awesome to see some more story elements incorporated. I am looking at Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 11:43:36 PM »

This is brilliant! I think I said that already though Tongue This looks very touch screen friendly too. Mobile ports planned?

castled
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 10:57:32 PM »

Very neat game, never seen anything like it. The levels you've posted so far seem a bit overwhelming at first, but I bet if you paced the level difficulty (starting with very simple puzzles), players would wrap their head around the system and find it very enjoyable and different.

riksteri
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »

The concept is brilliant. It's the kind of idea that I would have tossed early on because it seems too difficult to make the AI be able to figure out how it could have went down. I think how you did this made me realise I need to really look at the way I solve programming problems, so thanks for that.

I'm a little worried the judgment sequence might slow things down too much, especially when solving a level successfully. Players probably need to know why they lost, but chances are someone who wins did it intentionally and already knows how it happened. My ideal flow would be interrupted as briefly as possible, just by "You win! Next level!".

I realise I'm saying this without knowing the details of how you are actually going to use those sequences. Bottom line is, game's cool, keep at it!
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 10:59:15 PM »

Gotta tell ya, what a fantastically unique game idea Smiley I really like the art direction as well!

I hope everything goes well, can't wait to try this!
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 01:36:46 AM »

Great graphics! Clean and readable. And I like the shapes of the holes in the floor.

Eniimal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 05:38:19 AM »

I just saw your post on ScreenShot Saturday.

And after discovering Incriminator I read your entire DevLog.
I really like this concept, even if I'm not sure that I understood it perfectly Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic