Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:51:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCopy Kitty - a fast-paced 2D shooter, with giant robots and explosions!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Copy Kitty - a fast-paced 2D shooter, with giant robots and explosions!  (Read 1191 times)
Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2013, 11:15:01 AM »

- A fast-paced action game, with giant robots and explosions!
- Copy powers from your enemies, and then combine them into one super-weapon! 350 unique combinations total!
- Contains over 80 action-packed missions, plus Endless Mode and a level editor!

Boki has a special power like none other: being able to perfectly copy the abilities of anything she fights! But not content with mere mimicry, Boki can also mix and combine up to 3 abilities at once to form completely unique ones! She wants to be a hero one day, but doesn't think she's cut out for the job. To help hone her skills, Boki's insectoid uncle sends her into a virtual reality to do battle with hordes of dastardly robots!

(Click screenshots to enlarge)

Mission Mode lets you blast through a huge variety of stages, ranging from exploring crystal caves to deathmatches against gigantic robots! Clash against hundreds of different enemy types - the stronger they get, the stronger Boki gets too! The game also includes a complete and unlimited mission editor, allowing you to create your own levels and easily share them with your friends!

Endless Mode pits you against never-ending formations of evil Constructs, raising in intensity for as long as you can handle it! No matter how many times you play Endless Mode, it will always be different and provide new challenges. The environment changes as you progress, passing through forests, caves, volcanoes, and even outer space!

(The Greenlight page has more screenshots and an extended description.)

Copy Kitty has been in development for about 3 years, but this is the first full, commercial release. The full free version is up for download here and here, but we're starting a Greenlight campaign for the Turbo Edition, an expanded version with lots of new features. We need YOUR support to help this get published, so spread the word!

You can follow the development of the game here.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:33:35 AM by Azure Lazuline » Logged

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »

Hard to believe nobody has responded on this game. The artwork is so unique and crazy, like a blend of many art styles but somehow it still works. I see you are Greenlit, so congratuations on that. I hope you do well on Steam.

I noticed your official trailer was slow due to recording off the PC. That sucks really. A faster PC could do the trick, but also an external capture device could as well which is more reliable as it never pulls resources from your PC (other than disk access which should be covered if you have an SSD).

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »

dude this topic's like a million years old and all the screenshots/videos look SO bad compared to the current stuff, I was just going to make a new one in a few months when the new version's done Tongue

probably not going to bother updating this topic until then, you can just follow my twitter or just wait for it to pop up on Steam.

Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »

Ah, apologies for the bump them. I have followed you on Twitter!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic