Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:47:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat the hell did you do this year?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: What the hell did you do this year?  (Read 6475 times)
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »

The year is fast coming to a close.  Post what gamedev related stuff you managed to accomplish this year, doesn't matter what.

You can also post what you plan to do next year.

GOGOGO
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 08:14:46 PM »

I made Kingdoms Rise and then released it
next year I hope to 'finish' KR, then make and release another game
I don't know exactly what that next game will be but I've got a ton of separate game ideas.
I'm planning on making a quick prototype for every idea, then picking the one which works best in real life

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 09:38:21 PM »

congratz Jackson, KR turned out rly cool from the looks and you have it on Steam and all that, tho I couldn't play it so far cuz my notebook is shit, so yeah, maybe in the future :/

I managed to start 2 big projects, one with two other guys when we spent all our savings to work on it. then both of those projects are unfinished and I'm in debt :3

tho after all this I managed to finish two small games alone (each in a few days), one submitted to Tizen app competition and the second got some positive feedback, lets plays and even some coverage so I'm really happy about that.

also this year I starter using Twitter more actively and went from 100 followers to over 500, wrote a cool article on indie game marketing that got featured by Gamasutra

I was on a industry job interview, and the next few days I'm going for two more. If I don't get a job I'm screwed

And also I discovered that working alone is SO MUCH BETTER than working in a team.

that pretty much sums it up.

oh, and next year I plan to finish the game I started a few days ago, I hope for Q1, it will be awesome. maybe I'll even discover how to do pr/marketing stuff, that'd be a good thing

and I plan to have money to rent a place to live, and then maybe to buy a pc, because my notebook seems to be in a worse shape each following day

MrBones
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 10:21:04 PM »

started Double Death and actually got a lot done, hoping to release the coming year

got a greenlight license, only a year late

gonna have a roguelike dungeon crawler minigame thing done by the end of the month

yea
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 04:35:45 AM »

made a demo for an indie game, got downloaded by less than 5 people

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 05:39:53 AM »

Sorry to be harsh but it was probably the art and the fact that you said you weren't planning to work on it anymore ..
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 11:32:58 AM »

We programmed a mini graphic adventure that served as a prequel to Pixel Theory, some kind of  Spanish collaborative movie. Just the programming and production. We also published a mini game for Android for Halloween, we called it Halloweee! Some kind of self promotional product.

Instead of working on new projects we published previous titles in new markets. Rain, Sand, Stars in Android. Oddy Smog's misadventure in Android and Gamestick.

So it was more about exploitation than exploration, which I miss. But I didn't come up with a game idea worth exploring, so it was good having something to do.  I hope we will embark on something new in 2014.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »

Aaaah, 2013? 2013 was not great.

• I did freelance art for several pretty exciting games.
  • I let my day job dominate my life way too much, quit it, and am now letting another day job dominate my life way too much.
  • I made several really cool indie dev friends, and plan on collaborating with a few.

In addition, I programmed a couple of very simple prototypes. Time management skills and commitments (like rent) prevented me from making them into games.

2014?
I need to update my antiquated portfolio.
I fairly desperately need an industry job.
I want to make some games.

vvv see this nerdlord did SO MUCH MORE THAN ME vvv
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:57:24 PM by Catguy » Logged

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »

I released Coffee Mafia, getting over 10,000 views (wow), won most fun and second most humorous game of Ludum Dare Minimalism with Shoot Car Shit Pants, wrote a soundtrack for an iOS game, written apparently 72 other pieces of music, around 40 game prototypes, and a Doom level.

Should have released more games. Should have dome more music commissions.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »

The year is fast coming to a close.  Post what gamedev related stuff you managed to accomplish this year, doesn't matter what.

GOGOGO

i brought the number of tasks remaining before SD is finished down from over 100 to 10. i had hoped to finish it this year, however

next year: release SD of course

mrBlack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 05:23:40 PM »

I got a couple of mini games done.  I'm still planning to finish one more by year's end.

Also, I finally started on my first commercial release.  Unfortunately, the scope of that game became too great so I decided to put it on the back burner.  While I was contemplating what to do next, I started a mini project.  I liked the mini project so much that I decided to make it my next commercial project.  I've been working on Lejendary for about 2-3 months now.

Next year, I'm planning to finish and release Lejendary.

Dev Log: Lejendary Dev Log
locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 06:20:34 PM »

This year... I set up a website, and started developing games! I've been learning Java in school and in my free time over the past few years, but only made my first finished game this year. I made one game on my own, and entered Ludum Dare three times. Though they are all really short, but I'm still pretty proud of them. They were all made from scratch using Java, without any external libraries. Currently, I am working on a larger game in my free time, but haven't made too much progress with that.

February 2013

The Well:
The first complete game I've ever made.

April 2013

Asteroids:
My first Ludum Dare. Very happy with how it turned out.

August 2013

Dissociation:
My second Ludum Dare. Ran out of time. Not too happy with it.

December 2013

The Naughty List:
My third Ludum Dare. Quite happy with how it turned out.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 09:41:27 PM »

The year is fast coming to a close.  Post what gamedev related stuff you managed to accomplish this year, doesn't matter what.

GOGOGO

i brought the number of tasks remaining before SD is finished down from over 100 to 10. i had hoped to finish it this year, however

what plan for your next game's genre/theme? Because at this point you have a ton of plans, I bet that.

Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 11:29:42 PM »

Updated RobotRiot into RobotRiot Hyper Edition, which premiered as part of the Indie Royal Snow Storm bundle.
Finished, sponsored, and released Gravitum, which kinda bombed. (1 million flash views or so :/ )
Began serious development on M.I.N.T, which will need a few more years of work.
Maintained M.I.N.T tigs dev log.
Maintained weekly Retromite dev blog updates. (90% or so)
Started using twitter again and managed to stick with it.
Started using reddit, and posting to it.

Did a full year of part time IOS gamedev work, built and released a few games/reskins.

Conker534
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 12:58:11 AM »

quit working on witch princess to study art intensely
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 04:25:47 AM »

GOGOGO

what plan for your next game's genre/theme? Because at this point you have a ton of plans, I bet that.

probably immortal defense 2: indra's net. it'll be made in unity and is actually already partially started (mr. podunkian was working on its engine for me, and its music and story outline are complete). there are a ton of fans of the first game, and they've been asking for a sequel for 7 years now, and i do miss working on a relatively simple genre (although i'm going to add more twists to it like i did with ID)

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 05:22:19 AM »

Took part to Global Game Jam and finished the game in time.
Finished and released Bodiless.
Made a game for three companies in team (kind like advertisement but for internal use) and got my first game development money.
Started and finished The Scorpion Box which went and become clearly most played game of mine with 80000 plays and handful of features. It was really big thing for me even though for Flash game it is just a minor hit.

Right now I'm porting the Scorpion Box's engine to Flashpunk to perhaps create some other point & click games. I'm also working to revisit my old game from 2007 with my friend. I'm probably going to use Unity along with Flash.

Needless to say I'm quite happy how this year turned out. Of course I hope I can keep the momentum next year.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »

Finished and released ITIAMOSIWE.
Went to a couple of jams, had some good times.
Learned a lot more about Unity and Flashpunk, created and shelved a ton of ideas.
Hoping to nail down my level generator by the end of the year and get proper work on AUST, but I'm kind of enjoying not worrying about working on games.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 12:51:31 PM »

i made a bunch of webpages and a turn based online html5 artillery game. yay for me i guess. it's not complete yet, but i'm getting there, more or less. it's been a learning project on online sides of javascript, so i guess i achieved my goals.

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 07:19:26 PM »

Got SFML working. You may laugh now but I couldn't get it to work for the several years I've tried dabbling with it. Turns out it required outdated dependencies and I had to hunt them down myself.

This next year, I'm going to actually get something working with it. This is is a major milestone.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic