Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:25:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs SELFIE :Sisters of the amniotic lens
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: SELFIE :Sisters of the amniotic lens  (Read 13880 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 08:14:51 PM »

Oh, my god! It's approaching the true vision! Waaagh!

Hahaha, yeah, sitting there for a week. You'd become as paranoid and insane as the character is supposed to feel. And you'd go pretty sick.  Tired

In all seriousness, though, you could definitely make the game one, two or three hours, with various settings, perhaps. I think you could make it a lot of lengths, just as long as you have natural breaks put in. Like, if you have these days, and you make one day ten to twenty minutes, and when the next day comes along, the game pauses, and you have to press something to go on, at which point you'd have the opportunity to get out of your rig and go feed yourself or whatnot.

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 03:36:39 AM »

Oh, my god! It's approaching the true vision! Waaagh!

Hahaha, yeah, sitting there for a week. You'd become as paranoid and insane as the character is supposed to feel. And you'd go pretty sick.  Tired

In all seriousness, though, you could definitely make the game one, two or three hours, with various settings, perhaps. I think you could make it a lot of lengths, just as long as you have natural breaks put in. Like, if you have these days, and you make one day ten to twenty minutes, and when the next day comes along, the game pauses, and you have to press something to go on, at which point you'd have the opportunity to get out of your rig and go feed yourself or whatnot.

Yeah sounds cool, like 3 hours a day. BTW that television is going to be packed full with all kinds of surreal teletext pages from this guy  http://portfolio.illarterate.co.uk/website-design-futuresonic-2008-festival-flash-site/

and have a ton of music, +

fly swatting MINI GAME, WITH HUNDREDS OF FLIES, AND COMBO KILLS :D

btw, can you program in Unity ?

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 04:24:06 AM »

BTW that television is going to be packed full with all kinds of surreal teletext pages from this guy  http://portfolio.illarterate.co.uk/website-design-futuresonic-2008-festival-flash-site/
Oh, that is so great. Would be lovely to see deliberately chosen messages that might give the player more context.

fly swatting MINI GAME, WITH HUNDREDS OF FLIES, AND COMBO KILLS :D
Haha, does that mean that there will simply be flies in the room, with a fly swatter at hand on the desk, that the player may choose to pick up at free will, or what?

btw, can you program in Unity ?
I have made a Breakout clone, a visual novel, and some 3D tests in Unity, so I know my way around. I don't have an immensely heavy experience with Unity specifically, but I do, of course, have a good decade of general game programming on my back, and do, like I said, know my way around Unity. I'd say I can probably work it, at least programmatically, yeah. Do you need some help?

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 04:40:24 AM »

Well im thinking of three (possibly more) switchable modes, you see your hand with a fly swatter ,(sorry Peta )

One to write notes in the world, draw stuff.

Then your phone , with which you take your "Selfie"

Hoping to have the most advanced fly ecology "eva", best fly ai, breeding , all kind of stuff..

also, for the blood in the game i want that sparkly glitter pen sort of look.
http://static.wix.com/media/3bf47d5184906ce84d007553fb7e711b.wix_mp_256 sort of thing.

We are looking for a programmer, there wont be a ton of stuff, just switches for events, the flys...the story pages as the days progress.

The main requirement is someone with an imagination and a messed up sense of humor, alot of programmers  just dont get it  :|

The fact that games are art.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 05:07:54 AM »

Well im thinking of three (possibly more) switchable modes, you see your hand with a fly swatter ,(sorry Peta )

One to write notes in the world, draw stuff.

Then your phone , with which you take your "Selfie"
That selfie part is going to feel so weird on the oculus, where you're supposed to feel like you're in the game yourself, but then see someone else's face in the camera, haha.

Hoping to have the most advanced fly ecology "eva", best fly ai, breeding , all kind of stuff..
<3

also, for the blood in the game i want that sparkly glitter pen sort of look.
http://static.wix.com/media/3bf47d5184906ce84d007553fb7e711b.wix_mp_256 sort of thing.

We are looking for a programmer, there wont be a ton of stuff, just switches for events, the flys...the story pages as the days progress.
While I am busy with my own game, this sounds like fun, and I'd definitely love to try to experiment with it, and so I can easily put my own game temporarily aside to have a peek; the only thing currently getting in the way is economy, though, and I have jobs that I need to finish (for the current one, I have to crunch now before Thursday). Much of it boils down to whether I can seal this neat deal with someone or not, within the nearest days, hopefully. But I'd definitely have fun after Thursday, depending on whether my customer is happy with the product, to try some of this stuff out, and see what I can do.

The main requirement is someone with an imagination and a messed up sense of humor, alot of programmers  just dont get it  :|
Haha, wow, you should see the secret backstories of our game, and the sick film scripts and stuff we've written before. There's a reason I was drawn to this project from the start. Well, hello there! I love doing stuff like this.

The fact that games are art.
The fact, yes! Beer!

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 06:20:32 AM »

Behind you is the closet where the "starman" lives. pouring out the slats is the red light source and hopefully some kind of ott, 80's alien smoke!!

Of course, the reality of her situation is allot more frightening.

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 11:26:01 PM »

A bit of an Update

A while ago i came up with this theological concept of the "Starman" based on a few verses in the Bible, notably the coat of skins in Genesis 3

Throughout the bible there is this theme that our flesh is this "tent" , "body of death"

So I imagining/reading into what people were like before they were blessed/cursed with this ..... Thus was born the star man concept.

This video explains how it came about.

theologically

Now this whole theme is how the character in the game copes with whats happening to her, she will never see anything other than this, and it gets wildly elaborated on. Through the diaries
But the reality is soooo much different.

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »

Its looking like "teletext" may be the entire plot device, they are speaking through your 198x television :D

thinking, maybe some fictional teletext provider beaming from the Orion nebula haha

with a banner and some bits but mainly five pages of text a day .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:15:53 AM by railslavegames » Logged

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »

Just a text update.

While in the Oculus rift, you may have to look twice.

You see, you are surrounded by flies, they buzz about doing there thing, moving from body part to body part. But every now and then you HAVE to look twice.

"did that fly just fire an 80's laser at the other fly?"

by day 6,you have descended into to insanity enough to become aware that you are in the middle of this intergalactic war between the flies.

You are in the rift, looking down on this, playing God with your fly swatter..

The sense of depth is going to be INSANE!!

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 11:55:37 AM »

video log

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 01:46:33 PM »

Wow thanks to AVA  Cool @royalrailway

the flies........
they are having a goddamn 198x laser dog fight!!

http://i.imgur.com/B859s9W.gif

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »

Starting to have some fun here. Hundreds of flies!

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 07:40:56 PM »

Dont forget this

the most advanced fly AI since quake 2 !!!yo

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »

Even prettier:

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 01:10:01 AM »

Is this a horror game because a fly swatting minigame might break the atmosphere a bit
Still it looks awesome...
Some of those screenshots with the psychedelic colours look awesome
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:15:50 AM by Noogai03 » Logged

So long and thanks for all the pi
railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 03:38:18 AM »

Is this a horror game because a fly swatting minigame might break the atmosphere a bit

Its no longer a horror game, or even a "game", what ever you take away from it, thats what it is :D

More i deeply engaging and interactive piece of art.
With three intertwining love stories, set in one room, in the midst of a "home invasion" 

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2014, 04:22:48 AM »

Its no longer a horror game, or even a "game", what ever you take away from it, thats what it is :D

More i deeply engaging and interactive piece of art.
With three intertwining love stories, set in one room, in the midst of a "home invasion" 

whoa man this is deep stuff

So long and thanks for all the pi
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 08:04:15 AM »

Funnily enough, it shares similarities with the way the story/-ies is/are intended to be told in my own game, so it seems like we've hit a bit of a jackpot by working together here. Railslave's ideas appeal to me!

These flies were just a test that I made during the weekend, though. I really am quite busy at the moment, not necessarily with my own game, but a lot of other stuff too, so we'll see when I'll be able to give some proper attention to this project.

railslavegames
Level 1

Uncompromised

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 08:18:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6K-Ui12UA&feature=youtu.be

compilation of the ill advised "star wars scale" fly civil war (yeah)

all those flies will be expertly modeled, we are aiming for the most unbearable oculus experience yet Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic