Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 11:01:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookNecroFodder [Pretty Much Finished]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: NecroFodder [Pretty Much Finished]  (Read 20944 times)
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:52:48 PM »

NecroFodder!

87 Borellus says, “that the Essential Salts of animals may be so prepared and preserved, that an ingenious man may have the whole ark of Noah in his own Study, and raise the fine shape of an animal out of its ashes at his pleasure; and that by the like method from the Essential Salts of humane dust, a Philosopher may, without any criminal necromancy, call up the shape of any dead ancestor from the dust whereinto his body has been incinerated.”

NecroFodder is a quick web-based puzzle game. It shouldn't take more than five minutes for each game--possibly much less. It's free to play and creating new characters is easy. So if your character dies horribly in seconds, don't feel too bad--just create another one and send him in to raise your previous character's corpse as a helper! Unless someone else raised him first, that is...

Life is cheap - Death is a resource!

It's basically done...it could use some web design and better writing, perhaps, as well as some balance to make it a little more challenging. Oh, and some artwork would be good...but you can play it. Wink

cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 12:15:42 AM »

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/.pal/chaoseed/chaoseed.com/necro/new.php on line 112

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:17:07 AM »

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/.pal/chaoseed/chaoseed.com/necro/new.php on line 112

Gentleman

genericuser
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 01:27:27 AM »

:D

I died four times; used up all my energy once, and lost to Kerberos twice, and finally got killed by the Necrotic Overpriest.

Fun game!
increpare
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 05:20:43 AM »

oh gosh, that game is quite (dare I say surprisingly) fun...
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 07:02:24 AM »

I raised increpare from the dead!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
pnx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 08:57:24 AM »

I ascended as shodi having dragged various bodies from their graves, kinda like the idea of using previous adventurers to climb up to the top, but it strikes me that the task is made significantly more difficult if you don't have enough bodies to work with.
genericuser
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »

I ascended as shodi having dragged various bodies from their graves, kinda like the idea of using previous adventurers to climb up to the top, but it strikes me that the task is made significantly more difficult if you don't have enough bodies to work with.

Or similarly, the task gets easier if you die enough times. After dying about 6-7 times it was a breeze to ascend.
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »

man, level 2 corpses are a hot commodity. I didn't have the patience to build up a stockpile for the ghoul level, but fun game. I'm sure one of my corpses will ascend as a minion eventually, and that's comforting.
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 11:48:35 AM »

Cool, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. Evil

I've gone through and done some debugging and minor improvements today, so it should work even better. I believe anything previously reported in this thread has been fixed. So, if you find something, post again. Thanks!

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »

Got to the head researcher by screwing over everyone else playing at the time. Very fun concept. Beer!

@crackerblocks, the "Mostly Harmless" minions are free level 2 characters, I think.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »

I guess there's no way to beat Kerberos? :D

EDIT: oh darn, I forgot that raising level 3 minion also consumes only 1 energy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:12:06 PM by Hempuli » Logged

pnx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »

If at first you don't succeed die and die again.
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

Kerberos is definitely possible to defeat. But you have to...make no mistakes, basically. Maybe I should decrease the difficulty just a tad...

genericuser
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »

Kerberos is definitely possible to defeat. But you have to...make no mistakes, basically. Maybe I should decrease the difficulty just a tad...

I agree. I think you should (SPOILER) lower the minimum party strength required to defeat him to 10. Or even 9. (SPOILER OVER)

Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »

Okay, given that it's the first level, I've made Kerberos more forgiving.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »

Quite awesome. Beer!

Hope you keep this safe from SQL injection.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »

I've done my best! I know someone already tried to name their character "hello'); DROP TABLE Players;"...but I had already made sure that wouldn't do anything. Cool

scytos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 03:52:23 AM »

This was quite fun. I got to ascend as human2. Beer!

I like how the (single player) gameplay is directly related to the performance of previous players. That's an interesting concept I'd be curious to see applied in other types of single player games.

I was wondering, do the items you choose have any effect?
Cray
Level 0

can't upload an avatar :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »

That was a fun little diversion Chaoseed Smiley

My deaths: Running out of energy raising corpses, Master Researcher, Clicking Kerebros accidently @ level 1

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic