Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:43:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsA MAZE. / Berlin 2014: April 9-11
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A MAZE. / Berlin 2014: April 9-11  (Read 4891 times)
lorenzopilia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2014, 01:03:24 PM »

http://www.amaze-berlin.de/

The festival formerly known as A MAZE. Indie Connect is now called A MAZE. / Berlin, and its 3rd edition will take place on April 9-11.

The formula is always the same: talks, workshops, a game exhibition, an award ceremony and parties at night, because we're in Berlin and the assumption is that people in Berlin are partying every night, which might or might not be true.

Confirmed artists so far: Henry Smith, Pippin Barr, Tale of Tales, Cara Ellison, Major Bueno, David Calvo, Jessica Curry, Petri Purho. More will be announced in the next few weeks.

Early bird tickets will still be available for just a few hours – should have posted about this sooner, I know, sorry about that.

I'm co-curating the program of this edition, so if you've got any questions feel free to ask!

Think global, act local multiplayer
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 04:24:14 AM »

A bit bummed that there's no interactive event of the jam-type variety attached, but I suppose that's out of the scope for the event.

Does it look like the amazing Berlin indie scene will schedule something before or after this event, for all the awesome people attending AMAZE?

(← new art twitter)
lorenzopilia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 04:41:43 AM »

We had a game jam last year on the Saturday after the festival took place, but most participants were pretty tired after 2 days & 3 nights of festival, so we decided not to repeat it this year. Doing it on Wednesday before the festival starts is also an option that we considered at one point... I'll send a reminder now to the organisers of the Berlin Mini Game Jam, who are in charge of this!

Think global, act local multiplayer
qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 05:11:33 AM »

Hello, I'm one of the regular Berlin Mini Jam organizers.

I estimate that the most likely dates for a jam for amaze guests are 5th, 6th, 12th or 13th of April and there should be a decision made before February.

Meanwhile, have a video of last year's post-amaze jam results:

Smiley
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »

Would love to come to Berlin but with a newborn little being in my arms that may not so much fun. Maybe next year! (since kassel aint so far from berlin i guess thats pretty realistic)

wish you a good time!

dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »

For those who want to come and don't have a ticket yet,
here is a 10% off-coupon-code: NBIFDZKC.
(Everyone seems to get one of those codes after purchasing a ticket and get an additional 10% off if it get used)

Check out my game "Wood Games 3D" |  TrailerAndroid |
twitter: tomaga95
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 12:58:15 PM »

Any news on jams, or other things going on either side of the festival?

( Beer! )

chrisjan
Level 0

Serial jammer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »

We will have our regular game jam on the 12th of April, at the Co-Up coworking space (Adalbertstrasse 8, 10999, next to Kottbusser Tor U1 station), from 12:00 until 22:00-ish.  Though not officially part of the festival, all attendees are welcome to join us.  Free entrance, no tickets needed.

chrisjan
Level 0

Serial jammer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »

By the way, here are the links for the jam (choose the one you prefer to click):
https://www.facebook.com/events/702618339781830
http://www.meetup.com/game-developers-berlin/events/172650802/
http://www.berlinminijam.de/2014/03/april-mini-game-jam-2014.html

AllergicRacoon
Level 0

hipster kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 01:30:08 PM »

I'll be at A MAZE and most likely at the jam too, kind of depends on the weather because I do wanna check out Berlin.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 05:56:53 PM »

MM and I and about half of THD will be attending. Say hi if you see a lost Australian and a rabble of Europeans. Will definitely consider the jam thing, I dunno how much extra time we're going to have in our schedule.

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »

We'd love to have you at the jam! Unless lot's of AMAZE visitors come, it'd just be like our regular monthly jam, haha.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 07:54:24 PM »

Good to hear the scene is active enough to have monthly jams at all Coffee

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »

We're going too. So if you encounter a positively wasted Eastern European babbling something about his feminist twist on Cinderella, that's likely to be me.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 10:59:52 PM »

Was really interesting showing KAG, Shiprekt and Transmigration on the expo floor yesterday; got the opportunity and went for it, quite fun seeing what parts of learning the game grate and what parts people get right away; was cool seeing that some people were familiar with it already too, at least from videos.
Anyone else without a reserved space but with a laptop with VGA out should consider hanging out near those screens in case one frees up Smiley

Was cool meeting a handful of people after the talks yesterday (over falafel and haloumi) but I feel like we're certainly not going to be able to meet everyone, haha - we'll just have to come back another time for the ones we missed!

Unsure if we'll make it to the game jam, as we need to be getting trains and planes back to reality that afternoon; we'll see though.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 10:20:09 PM »

Big apologies to Tobias W for us missing out the jam, we had no wifi on the train and only got into the office at 850pm I'm afraid! Hope everyone who went had a fantastic time and nice pizza ;^)

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 06:13:51 AM »

What a pity! No apologies needed though, but it would be awesome if you guys could join us next time! And it was a nice surprise meeting you there, in the cellar surrounded by glitch art. (I think we should have TIGForums t-shirts so we fellow members here don't miss each other, haha.)

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 09:00:48 AM »

Yeah I would honestly consider a TIGS badge/button/whatever to clip onto my bag for events like GDC and AMAZE; a tshirt would work but really only for one day abroad before it started to stink!

We're definitely planning on doing AMAZE again and more euro trips in general - probably more after I've moved over there though, I've literally only just got back to Australia after leaving on Sunday!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic