Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:52:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsButton Up! - Android and iOS - latest release: 13th March 2015
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Button Up! - Android and iOS - latest release: 13th March 2015  (Read 49034 times)
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »

It looks nice, but you should stick with one color for one button type, imho. OR this could be another difficulty level. Smiley

Do you plan to add cloth backgrounds?

Edit: you could slightly vary the yarn color for every new move.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:20:15 PM by zorg » Logged
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2015, 02:44:49 AM »

Yeah, one colour per button type please. You could mix it up per level or have it as a challenge mode
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2015, 05:36:36 AM »

Ah, he button colors is actually in matching with the previous style; the color really denotes the number of holes available meaning it's easier to see at a glance what you need to do. Without the color variations you're forever scanning all buttons/atoms to count the stitches/bonds to see which is missing one...

edit: I've removed some of the detail, and tweaked the colors a little
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:04:57 AM by oodavid » Logged

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 04, 2015, 11:34:20 AM »

Ah, of course! I retract my earlier comment :D
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »

You are right. Color indicating the number of free button holes is fine. Smiley
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2015, 03:28:06 AM »

Flip for stats!

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2015, 07:47:41 AM »

Randomly generated, multiple perfect molecules? You got it!

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2015, 09:16:18 AM »

Just made the random molecule generation logic about a trillion times more efficient, and somewhat more predictable which should help when balancing levels!

Happy days!

Next on the todo: Update language to use haberdashery terms, ie:

Code:
Atom     = Button
Molecule = Pattern
Bond     = Stitch / Thread
Rune     = Thimble
etc.

Hopefully this isn't too much of a disruptive task; I know there's a bunch of chemical variable names so I'll have to see how I feel about renaming them tomorrow - if I do, I'll feel nice, but it could take a while, if I don't I'll have a guilty shameful secret in code form...

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2015, 10:56:36 AM »

BTW, "Haberdashery" is a great word, if not my favourite in the English language. If you can work that into the title, you're probably set. Gentleman
Hoonster
Level 0

Meow

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2015, 06:36:37 PM »

Hey! I downloaded your game on Android and have been enjoying your game.

One thing I would like to point out is that there is no way to save the game? I always start from the beginning level even though I have progressed 30 levels the night before.

Is this intentional or are you still completing your game? I can't wait for your finished game.

Thank you.
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2015, 12:41:07 AM »

One thing I would like to point out is that there is no way to save the game? I always start from the beginning level even though I have progressed 30 levels the night before.

Is this intentional or are you still completing your game? I can't wait for your finished game.

Thank you.

Argh, that's a bug! My sincerest apologies Hoonster, I've just patched the bug now but I'm not sure when the next release is... Maybe at the end of January? It's artist dependent.

Thanks so much for the feedback though, that's super-useful!

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2015, 01:08:26 PM »

@JobLeonard - I'm really tempted by "The Haberdashery" but for some reason I can't get past the word "Seamless", I think it's just so fitting.... fitting! Oh my word, there are tailoring words everywhere!

In other news I'm trying to figure out which sewing terms I can use as complimentary verbs. Have decided that pretty much anything works as long as you add an exclamation mark...!

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2015, 02:07:16 PM »

How do y'all feel about the name...

Button Up!

??

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2015, 03:44:51 PM »

Sounds good!
Hoonster
Level 0

Meow

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »

Thank you.

Argh, that's a bug! My sincerest apologies Hoonster, I've just patched the bug now but I'm not sure when the next release is... Maybe at the end of January? It's artist dependent.

Thanks so much for the feedback though, that's super-useful!

Thanks for the quick reply! I am excited for this game's release!

I have one question though. Will the final version of the game feature endless mode?
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2015, 03:33:02 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply! I am excited for this game's release!

I have one question though. Will the final version of the game feature endless mode?

I've toyed with the idea a lot and I'm still unsure; I might do another version which is just an endless mode. First things first though, it needs to be rebranded!

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2015, 09:35:23 AM »

Who knew branding was such a intrusive element! This is taking me a bit longer than anticipated, but thought it would be cathartic to give a quick update:

• buttonupgame.com - online, with some references to Molecules...
  • App Store - Setup, No Build
  • Play Store - Partially Setup - needs a build before I can add in-app-purchases... not sure why
  • Facebook (App, rather than page) - Partially Setup - iOS is still WiP as again, I need a live build
  • facebook.com/ButtonUpGame - Updated
  • twitter.com/ButtonUpGame - New!
  • In-Game text - Done
  • Graphics - Partial
  • Blurb- - Partial
  • GIFs - None

Lots of chicken-and-egg situations, which is a bit annoying to keep track of, I'm keeping copious notes... Getting there, by the end of the day I'll have most of it done Smiley

I've decided that I really like the new name, kudos to the people (yep, there was a few) that suggested it. I'm sure I owe beer to someone...

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »

You should use a button with four holes as icon/favicon/logo instead of the yellow button with three holes. I believe usual buttons have an even number of holes and with two it looks like a pig's nose.

(Btw, where i live, three black dots on yellow ground are a sign which some people wear to show other people that they are visually handicapped; partially sighted or blind. Typically on yellow bandages, but there exist round pins, too.)

Talking about branding, what doess your logo look like? Smiley
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2015, 03:16:17 PM »

Am busy "balancing" levels for the new chapter (as well as going through all the old levels).

There's a surprising number of little changes needed to accommodate the new name and theme, it may be a little rough around the edges, but I've set a release date; two weeks time, Wednesday the 28th Jan. iOS will probably lag behind because of the reviewal process :S

You should use a button with four holes as icon/favicon/logo instead of the yellow button with three holes. I believe usual buttons have an even number of holes and with two it looks like a pig's nose.

(Btw, where i live, three black dots on yellow ground are a sign which some people wear to show other people that they are visually handicapped; partially sighted or blind. Typically on yellow bandages, but there exist round pins, too.)

Talking about branding, what does your logo look like? Smiley

I think you're right about the button, it was OK with the Molecule theme, but I think a button with 4 buttonholes is very recognisable, I will indeed change to 4-holes! I didn't know that about the 3-dots, did it make you think of the partially sighted sign straight away?

The logo is non-existent TBH, as is all of the supporting GFX for the various stores, facebook and twitter - the requirements for artwork is massive! It's not fair on a nerd like me Sad

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2015, 06:11:05 AM »

[...]did it make you think of the partially sighted sign straight away?

No, it's not too obvious. Just mentioning.

Edit:

Do you have an idea what the logo may look like?

*scnr* Wink
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:04:40 AM by zorg » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic