Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 12:44:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe You Testament
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: The You Testament  (Read 14852 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2008, 10:54:17 AM »

MDickie's new game, a religious RPG, was just released. I don't know what it is, but I like it based off of the videos:

He just suddenly uploaded a ton of videos about it today, there are the rest: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MDickieDotCom&view=videos

Normally he gives previews of his upcoming games, but this one was kept entirely secret until just now.

The-Imp
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 10:57:08 AM »

I can't watch them now, but it seems quite interesting...
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:59:33 AM »

He wrote this on his site:

Final Game Released
After months of secrecy, all is revealed with the release of my final project - The You Testament. As the implications of that title sink in, the reasons for my secrecy should become apparent! An interactive retelling of the story of Christ is no ordinary project, and I couldn't risk misunderstandings about what I was doing until it was 100% complete. Now that it's here in its entirety, you can let the concept wash over you and come to an informed decision. As Christmas approaches, it will either speak to the good in you or rouse the evils of ignorance and cynicism. I'm quite aware that I've committed career suicide with this project, so it's of no consequence to me either way. Fearless and innovative to the end! Mel Gibson made him bleed, Kanye West made him walk... you know there's only one man that can make a prophet LIVE.

Coming Soon
Although the door has closed on my gaming career, there are still one or two loose ends to tie up as we go into 2009. The You Testament will round off The Rise And Fall Of The MPire - a "Greatest Hits" package that includes every major game I've ever released (so hold off if you intend to buy multiple games any time soon!). I'm also putting the finishing touches to a book that documents my unique career as an independent game developer. Between the two projects, that should make for a fitting farewell...

So in other words, it's his final game ever, this is the end of MDickie

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »

this is incredible

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 11:12:27 AM »

The lengthy description of the game here sounds good too: http://mdickie.com/prev_youtestament.htm

Of course, the most horrific punishment of all is crucifixion - and it's not just reserved for Jesus. Over the course of the game, you can see all kinds of characters crucified for one reason or another - people that were once walking among you. You'll feel their pain if it ever happens to you, because you literally have to hang there in a static state waiting to die! Stray crosses also exist in the game as items that you can pick up and carry over your shoulder.

Will download.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:14:44 PM »

Downloading now. Looks very interesting.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 01:29:55 PM »

Last game? Is he just going to give up game making for good and never look back? Did he write the final lines of code from his hospital bed as he heard the sound of his heartbeat monitor start to flatline?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 01:40:15 PM »

I think he once said that he may continue to make games after this, but that he will never show anybody any of them ever, they'll just be for him alone.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 01:48:24 PM »

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 03:08:25 PM »

Holy fucking shit. Shocked
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 04:44:35 PM »

So who is MDickie?

Bob le Moche
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »

From what I can understand by a look at his website, he appears to be quite a character.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:01:23 PM by Bob le Moche » Logged
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 07:22:03 PM »

I picked up a spear, was told by a guard that I wasn't allowed to pick it up, so I dropped it. The guard went on to savagely beat several people to death. I was given a club by a cowled man, and beat someone with it until I was arrested (the guard was a friend of my victim and kicked me until my mind could take no more).

Cut to prison, and I'm up for release along with another prisoner. The public votes on who is freed; a similar looking guard to the one who arrested me is the deciding vote and votes for me. The other guy has his right hand instantly severed (he was caught thieving). I'm apparently still angry about my incarceration because without further input from keyboard or mouse I immediately assault the Roman prison guard, who beats me severely. My guy is limping and can't stand up straight. He collapses on the floor and sleeps for days.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »

John the Baptist beat me to death because I accidently stole his staff.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 08:01:59 PM »

Amazing doesn't have enough letters to describe this.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 09:37:56 PM »

I created an 11ft tall 5 year old. Because of my height I was unable to select much in the way of cosmetic head options. I was created seated by the riverside. My random selections left me with a diaper and a red fez. I heard a battle, apparently the Roman guard didn't take too kindly to the baptism going on, so he decided to kick the shit out of the purple robed baptist. Fearing the worst, I lumbered my giant frame over drop kicking the Roman guard. he stuck up his index finger and told me not to fight the Roman legion. I climbed up the river bank where another legionnaire was waiting with a shepherd's crook. I kicked him. Another character swiped the fallen crook, and slithered away staring at me quite intently. I was told I was wanted for murder. Your size must be tied to the noises your character makes because my deep guttural grunts rang as I was beaten by several Romans. I was promptly arrested. The crowd chose the release me over the Joesph the Mullet-hawked sorcerer, whose hand promptly exploded. My big dopey bastard character looked pretty pleased. I could only attempt to not beat the jail house guard, but alas my character gave one fierce kick, then span around onto his hands and knees exhausted.  The guard stood between my legs and stabbed me in the ass to death. GG MDickie, GG.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
jute
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 10:11:18 PM »

Something awesome has occurred.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »

Holy hot hell.  Shocked

It can't be.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 10:59:17 PM »

this is incredible

Talk about the 4th wall.  Damn.

But... what's up with Jesus going on about Karma and Chakras and such?  Someone's gonna get mighty pissed about this.

tweet tweet @j_younger
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 11:07:29 PM »

this is incredible

Talk about the 4th wall.  Damn.

But... what's up with Jesus going on about Karma and Chakras and such?  Someone's gonna get mighty pissed about this.

Perhaps it has something to do with the speculation that Jesus traveled to the east during his formative years.

Very interesting stuff, but yes, blasphemous to some.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic