Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 01:30:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeRPG / Trading Card Game Artwork
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: RPG / Trading Card Game Artwork  (Read 14563 times)
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:24:25 AM »

Hey all, just thought I would introduce myself. I am a designer that currently working on my first major video game project with industry talents working alongside me to produce something unique for the mobile app market, console and web.

The game itself takes inspiration from classic RPGs like; Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda, as well as community driven cooperative play (Multiplayer, Team based coop and a fully integrated Guild system).

Looking forward to any feedback!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:03:10 AM by EminenceRev » Logged

Rilem
Level 1

Pirate King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:39:32 AM »

Love the graphical style that comes with these clean but detailed line drawings. That world map is just gorgeous. Smiley

I eagerly await your kickstarter.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 02:23:55 AM »

Love the graphical style that comes with these clean but detailed line drawings. That world map is just gorgeous. Smiley

I eagerly await your kickstarter.

May the archaics of Artalys bless you sir!

We really appreciate the support. Smiley

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »

Introducing Kronos - "The Fallen Hero" and our first playable card for Eminence: Xander's Tales.

Kronos Trailer:

Thoughts / Feedback welcome!

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »

Wow , just wow , that art makes me want to Hand Money Left
throw money at the screen Hand Money Right
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 04:58:06 AM »

Wow , just wow , that art makes me want to Hand Money Left
throw money at the screen Hand Money Right

Hi Whiteclaws! Thank you for your compliments, it means the world to us.  Beer!

Stay posted for weekly updates. Our next reveal is Aeterna's 'Roshan' - The legion of purity and a sheer badass!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »

Roshan Trailer:

Feedbacks / Comments appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:03:38 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »

I think it might work a bit better if you had another colour hue for the UI and text so not everything on these screens was in the same hue range.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 01:14:16 AM »

Really loving this style.

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 06:46:58 AM »

those icons looks great
christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 01:55:07 AM »

wow, you have a sweet style. reminds me definitly of these old rpgs in a mystical way, with some woodkid flavor. i have 1 critic point: the symbol lines of the bone beneath doesnt match, oh i see right now, you postet a symbolsheet as well. ok, so "ixion" is imo to near at reality compared to the abstract level of the other symbols. i drops kinda out. what you think?

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 04:03:37 PM »

I think it might work a bit better if you had another colour hue for the UI and text so not everything on these screens was in the same hue range.

Hey happymonster, thank you for the feedback! We have noted this for future promos. Bare in mind the promo artworks for each card are only used to showcase our releases on the forums. The main UI for the game will differentiate from the colour palette of the cards.

Really loving this style.

We're chuffed. Thank you very much. We plan to release tutorials and free downloadable content soon, we'll be sure to keep you posted!  Gentleman

those icons looks great

Ah, awesome. I'm glad you like 'em C.A. Sinner. Cheers! Beer!

wow, you have a sweet style. reminds me definitly of these old rpgs in a mystical way, with some woodkid flavor. i have 1 critic point: the symbol lines of the bone beneath doesnt match, oh i see right now, you postet a symbolsheet as well. ok, so "ixion" is imo to near at reality compared to the abstract level of the other symbols. i drops kinda out. what you think?

Hi christopf, your comments are greatly appreciated. The abstract symbols will be a lot clearer upon each division release. The Ixion one in particular was chosen specifically for the back story we have planned for them, as well as all the other divisions. Although abstract now, they'll become a lot clearer as to how their crests tie in with their culture, values and way of life.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 10:28:20 AM »

We are proud to introduce Odin - "The Ancient Kaiser" and our first playable Guardian card. Feedback / Comments always welcome!

Odin Trailer:

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 01:28:28 AM »

Avatars will be fully customisable including hair, eyes, nose, mouth and accessories.

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »

Love the art, though I would have expected Odin animation to pack more punch than the Roshan one, having more stars and a higher tier...

The style of the avatar seems very different from the cards and icons, I'm curious of how they will look together.

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 03:25:05 AM »

Love the art, though I would have expected Odin animation to pack more punch than the Roshan one, having more stars and a higher tier...

The style of the avatar seems very different from the cards and icons, I'm curious of how they will look together.

Hi Sved, thank you for the feedback! The Odin animation is just a teaser reveal, we plan to have a game trailer released soon that will hopefully tickle your taste buds!  Gentleman

The Avatars you create will tie in visually with the virtual world, and seamlessly blend in with the battle screens. We will be releasing game play screenshots of the Eminence world in the forthcoming weeks.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 05:12:35 AM »

Introducing Indra - The Divine Sage and first playable card of the Ixion Division. Looking forward to any feedback/comments.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:15:46 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »

We are excited to introduce Lucille - Virtuous Maiden and second playable card of the Ixion Division.

Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »

I really like the designs of those avatars you posted earlier in the thread. Interesting, yet simple.

Some of the portrait/name pairings in the cards seem a bit paradoxical. There's a clear religious theme, but the choice of armor doesn't really say "legion of purity" or "virtuous maiden" to me. I figured maybe they were meant to be humorous, but the other cards seem fairly ordinary, so I found it a bit odd. Durr...?

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 12:59:35 AM »

I really like the designs of those avatars you posted earlier in the thread. Interesting, yet simple.

Some of the portrait/name pairings in the cards seem a bit paradoxical. There's a clear religious theme, but the choice of armor doesn't really say "legion of purity" or "virtuous maiden" to me. I figured maybe they were meant to be humorous, but the other cards seem fairly ordinary, so I found it a bit odd. Durr...?

Hello Arachne and thank you for checking in!

In regards to each cards respective title, they have deeper meaning in context to their back story. For example, Roshan being titled the 'Legion of Purity' has nothing to do with the armor she wears, but because of her loyalty to the legion and supremacy in combat. Here is a snippet from her story that explains why she was given the title;

'Despite eliciting a calm disposition, her heart is cold. She cuts without hesitation, her movements are swift but pure. Once outnumbered by a large group of enemies and armed with nothing but her sword the "Gennadius" she spared no life. Her skills are easily worth 100 soldiers, her loyalty and intentions remain devoted. Roshan, her name spread throughout Aeterna's oppositions, becoming known as the "Legion of Purity".'

The same applies to Lucille's title, and other characters within the world of Eminence. We aim to build tales for each card, so that their narratives are not simply run of the mill, cookie-cutter jargon's. We have in depth bios for each card showcased thus far -  Please feel free to check out their story-lines on the Eminence website and let us know what your thoughts are. We really appreciate your feedback!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic