Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:08:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeRPG / Trading Card Game Artwork
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: RPG / Trading Card Game Artwork  (Read 14478 times)
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 12:30:22 PM »

We're almost half way through our contest, for those who are interested it's not too late to enter!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

MrBones
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »

Your style is fantastic.
Best of luck!
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »

Your style is fantastic.
Best of luck!

May the archaics of artalys bless you sir!  

Thank you for the compliments. Beer!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »

Introducing Qinglong - Guardian of Judgement and the final card of the Ixion Division.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 11:53:04 AM »

Our customizable avatars thus far! We plan to showcase more in the forthcoming weeks. Each set of division avatars relate to the card divisions in terms of style and aesthetics. Images in order of divisions; Ixion / Aeterna.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 12:29:16 PM »

Introducing Kujata - The Omnislayer and the first card of the Wilkurse Division.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 03:46:20 AM »

We are extremely excited to showcase our board design for the Eminence CBS (Card Battle System).

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 04:12:15 AM »

Introducing Laurelle - Shadow of Rebellion.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 09:49:00 AM »

Our mid may contest. Goodluck to all participants:

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 03:59:06 PM »

Introducing Orion - Hybrid Gunslinger.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 02:52:02 AM »

Introducing Onyx - The Last Remnant and Guardian card for the Wikurse Division

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2014, 04:39:22 AM »

The divine lands of the Ixion nation. One of many locations you'll come across in your Eminence adventures.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 02:27:58 PM »

The Virtual World of Artalys. Sneak peak at four explorable zones of the world map.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 07:46:49 AM »

We are pleased to showcase more development work on our customisable characters within the world of Eminence. Stay posted for further updates!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »

We are pleased to reveal a sneak peek of our card battle system!

View here:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 04:11:29 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

netravelr
Level 0

@jodoran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 06:28:08 PM »

This is looking great, and being a fan of Triple Triad, I also like how the card game is going as well. From the video I can see all of the polish that you've put into the game.

However, in my opinion the avatars and world clash with the cards and the UI that's been presented before. That being said, it's probably too far along now to change, but it seemed a bit off to me. Good luck with your Kickstarter!

Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++, Unity, Unreal, Flash and Python
MrBones
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 05:15:57 PM »

View here:

Looks pretty good, reminds me of that minigame in Final Fantasy 8.
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2014, 05:55:28 AM »

This is looking great, and being a fan of Triple Triad, I also like how the card game is going as well. From the video I can see all of the polish that you've put into the game.

However, in my opinion the avatars and world clash with the cards and the UI that's been presented before. That being said, it's probably too far along now to change, but it seemed a bit off to me. Good luck with your Kickstarter!

Reasons why we have chosen a different visual theme from the cards:

The style direction and style of the player characters is a continuation of development from the 'Eminence Style'. Although it may look completely different on the surface, there are many similarities both subtle and obvious that link the two styles together. Symbols and shapes in the armour have originated from the card designs. Some of the characters themselves owe their look and design from the cards as well.

It is important to remember that the characters are also part of an explorable world. When we decided to include this element as part of the gameplay we made a concious decision to create a style which was:

a) Different enough so that the cards still feel special enough as a collectable (having everything look exactly the same will make the cards lose the feeling of how special it is.)

b) Similar enough so that it still feels part of the same game.

Similarities in the world include the stroke and design elements within the architecture and landscapes are also found within the card designs, as well as animated elements such as the wind and leaves.

The contrast between the explorable world and the game ui also factored in the decision making of the art direction. We feel confident that once people see the game in action with the combination of both styles, people will start to understand how it all works visually. (Rest assured that there is also a story led reason why the world looks the way it does... stay tuned for more info!)

I would like to finally say that we fully appreciate the fan feedback and we understand the concerns regarding this issue. We just ask that you have faith in the art direction and that we will do everything in our power to make sure that the styles work as much as possible. We take ALL feedback and constructive critiques into consideration, and nothing you see here is fully set in stone. Thank you again for all your comments and stay tuned for further updates on Eminence: Xander's Tales!

View here:

Looks pretty good, reminds me of that minigame in Final Fantasy 8.

Thank you for the compliments Bonesy, it means a lot!

We are pleased to showcase the cards of the first three Divisions. Who will you pledge your allegiance to - #Aeterna, #Ixion or #Wilkurse?

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »

Introducing the Hollows Division. Find out the identities of these warriors over the coming weeks!

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:48:14 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic