Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:11:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeRPG / Trading Card Game Artwork
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: RPG / Trading Card Game Artwork  (Read 14571 times)
InvertMouse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2014, 03:23:15 AM »

The art is great! Reminds me a bit of Theatrhythm, actually. Though I know little about the card game world, the fact that you also mentioned RPGs drew my interest. I wish you luck in your campaign Smiley!

Twitter: @InvertMouse
Facebook: http://facebook.com/invertmouse
Sveinjo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 02:09:04 AM »

This is amazing Shocked

The "Theatrhythm" style main characters and world map are good.

But the card art is a whole order of magnitude more awesome. If I could create clean art like this, I would base the entire game around it.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »

The art is great! Reminds me a bit of Theatrhythm, actually. Though I know little about the card game world, the fact that you also mentioned RPGs drew my interest. I wish you luck in your campaign Smiley!

Thank you dearly for your awesome comments! It certainly puts a smile on our face. Grin

This is amazing Shocked

The "Theatrhythm" style main characters and world map are good.

But the card art is a whole order of magnitude more awesome. If I could create clean art like this, I would base the entire game around it.

One of the worlds will be heavily inspired by the aesthetics of the card design. There's a reason we opted for two visual styles, which will be explained in depth throughout the story. We highly appreciate your feedback!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 01:44:35 PM »

Introducing Malphas - The Uncrowned King and first card of the Hollows Division.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 05:22:42 AM »

Concept artwork for our new division; Hollows.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »

A new force of the Hollows Division who seeks a hostile oblivion, Millennia.

http://buff.ly/1wB38zS

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »

A presentation of some in game screens showcasing the variety of landscapes featured in Eminence.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:03:20 AM by EminenceRev » Logged

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »

A dying world, plagued by the premise of a raging star which stands close to destruction. Will you save it?

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2014, 04:15:13 AM »

The harbinger of death, Evalisk, resides in the rifts of a timeless void... http://buff.ly/1pfgoc6

0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »

It's... it's... it's gorgeous...  Hand Thumbs Up Left Shocked
Subscribed!

Jeff Skyrunner
Level 0

Never, but question engineer's judgement

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2014, 01:37:40 AM »

I agree with all compliments around here, but I'm puzzled too by the difference between the "heroic style" of cards' and landscapes' artwork and the "manga style" of avatars... and, of course, that's because I hate "manga style" artworks Tongue

I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 03:10:26 AM »

The Eminence Marketplace - your one stop shop for all card, equipment and gear needs.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:04 AM »

I agree with all compliments around here, but I'm puzzled too by the difference between the "heroic style" of cards' and landscapes' artwork and the "manga style" of avatars... and, of course, that's because I hate "manga style" artworks Tongue

Thank you for your comments and feedback!

We understand completely where you are coming from. Which is why we plan to implement even more styles to further customise your avatar. So if you are not a fan of the anime and manga style, you can easily make your character look different. We'll be producing a graphic which will showcase this in the future.

Regarding our approach of art style, this was driven by the storyline:

"Within the previous events of the current timeline in Eminence, three Divine Archaics foresaw a prophecy where the world would finally be rid of its endless loop of destruction in the next cycle.

For this to happen, they predicted a timeline of events necessary to occur in order for the world to be salvaged. In the discovery, Xander uncovered numerous cards etched with the faces of different individuals who appeared to have a key role to play in the predicted events. The scriptures warned that the individuals marked on the cards must never become aware of their fate, for the prophecy would distort – creating an alternate line of events which could continue to push the world into despair."

To reflect this we looked to our own history for inspiration, combining elements of Ancient Egypt's hieroglyphics and church stained glass windows to develop a style deep in mythology. We have also paid careful attention to merge and include these elements in certain parts of the game world when it is relevant to the story. Hopefully you'll find that it works quite well.

Please see the history section of the story on our website for more info - http://playeminence.com/story/history

Jeff Skyrunner
Level 0

Never, but question engineer's judgement

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 12:31:12 AM »

To reflect this we looked to our own history for inspiration, combining elements of Ancient Egypt's hieroglyphics and church stained glass windows to develop a style deep in mythology. We have also paid careful attention to merge and include these elements in certain parts of the game world when it is relevant to the story. Hopefully you'll find that it works quite well.

If there's something that appears totally clear in your game is the attention you put in details, that's for sure!

Looking forward to see the non-anime style graphics Smiley

I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »

We are pleased to showcase our guardian card for the Hollows division; Diablo - Devils Tower.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2014, 12:52:12 PM »

Forge alliances and friendships. A brand new journey awaits. Not long to go until our Kickstarter launches!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 09:56:32 AM »

Card releases of the first four Divisions. Who do you pledge your allegiance to?

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »

Concept painting for Ixia - The homeland of Ixion, one of the many places you can traverse in Eminence.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:08:38 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2014, 03:49:57 PM »

Our latest gameplay screenshot, showing a boss battle and one of the card rules in story campaign.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »

New concept artwork of the planets most advanced city, the Upper World of Wilkurse.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:23:38 AM by EminenceRev » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic