Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:51:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeRPG / Trading Card Game Artwork
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: RPG / Trading Card Game Artwork  (Read 14475 times)
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2014, 04:28:21 PM »

You've got some gorgeous art goin' on there!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 01:41:50 AM »

You've got some gorgeous art goin' on there!

Thank you!  Beer!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2014, 12:09:49 AM »

Update on the latest armour progression for each division!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »

A screenshot showing off the character customization interface. Working on adding more options!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »

I would like to invite you all to our Eminence art contest! The rules are simple:

Draw your character, give it a name, gender and a division from the starting four: Aeterna, Ixion, Wilkurse or Hollows.

Submit your entry by tweeting back to @playeminence ... Alternatively you can send us your artwork to [email protected]

Winner will be selected on 28th September and will have their character illustrated into the game as a playable card.
(Artist will also receive the card as part of their starting deck)

SUBMISSIONS CLOSE ON: 25th September

Goodluck to all participants!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:52:56 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 01:41:39 PM »

The Eminence: Xander's Tales trailer http://buff.ly/1wDKoVQ. Our Kickstarter launches tomorrow. We're nearly there!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:48:03 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2014, 12:09:12 PM »

We are now on kickstarter, for those interested in learning more about our project please visit:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661433091/eminence-xanders-tales
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:54:33 PM by EminenceRev » Logged

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2014, 01:42:18 AM »

"Broswers", "Summery"

Also, why in the name of all that is holy do you put the most accessible platform (aptly named "Broswers" in your flyer) in the third tier? Also, that doesn't even appear in the stretch goals, so it appears that it will never get there.

I know that to publish in HTML5 you don't need to pay a dime, while for iOS you must. I can't, for the life of me, understand it. For a poor working class fool, I'd sure wouldn't target first the platforms that require finantial effort to publish in.

Kudos for the image filled Kickstarter. It's quite painful to browse that gigantic page. Please make it a bit more concise.

For a bit of a laugh, I was right now prototyping a game almost like yours (but not MMO), so I guess I'll just stop it. :p

Yeah.
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2014, 02:01:31 AM »

Following.

Never really been a card-gamer, but this might sway me.

How do the numbers on the 4 edges of the cards related to gameplay? Is it a simple top-trumps mechanic or do you have something up your sleeves? The boss battle screenshot looks like it has a tic-tac-toe element too...

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2014, 05:17:03 AM »

"Broswers", "Summery"

Also, why in the name of all that is holy do you put the most accessible platform (aptly named "Broswers" in your flyer) in the third tier? Also, that doesn't even appear in the stretch goals, so it appears that it will never get there.

I know that to publish in HTML5 you don't need to pay a dime, while for iOS you must. I can't, for the life of me, understand it. For a poor working class fool, I'd sure wouldn't target first the platforms that require finantial effort to publish in.

Kudos for the image filled Kickstarter. It's quite painful to browse that gigantic page. Please make it a bit more concise.

For a bit of a laugh, I was right now prototyping a game almost like yours (but not MMO), so I guess I'll just stop it. :p

Hey eyeliner,

Unfortunately we were a bit clumsy running around like headless chickens when we launched and we completely missed those typos (updating the page now). We're also looking into condensing the page, we wanted to make it absolutely clear what the project was about and what people got when they backed.

Regarding the platforms. We plan to release on all the platforms listed on the page and we have stretch goals for each. There is a single stretch goal for Steam(PC/Mac), Browsers, and Ouya together. This is not shown immediately on the page as we want to avoid dumping all of our stretch goals in one go, it makes it psychologically easier for everyone to only focus on what we need to achieve next.

Deciding on which platform to aim for first was a business decision. Our goal was to build a game of this calibre for smartphone/tablet devices first and they are our primary platforms. Porting the game to the other three platforms listed above not only takes longer but requires us to solve UX/Design problems to cater for larger screens. This would also involve rethinking quite a bit of the gameplay mechanics as the way we interact with these devices differs from smaller ones.

For browsers, we hope to deliver a HTML5 implementation built on pure web technologies. We deferred to tackle this later for the reasons listed above.

Thanks again for your comments/insight.

Following.

How do the numbers on the 4 edges of the cards related to gameplay? Is it a simple top-trumps mechanic or do you have something up your sleeves? The boss battle screenshot looks like it has a tic-tac-toe element too...

Hi oodavid

In Eminence, every card is ranked by four numbers on every edge of a single card. Card battles are quick but very strategic, players essentially have to think several steps ahead and plan their moves from the offset. The objective of the battle is to capture as many of your opponents cards by strategically placing your cards adjacent to theirs where the rank numbers of the two cards will be compared. If yours is greater, then you capture your opponent's card. If they do the same then they'll capture one of yours. This goes back and forth until all spaces on the board have been occupied and the player with the most captured cards/points wins.

There are several rules and we're continuously working on new ones. Players can mix and match rules to govern a game which opens new ways to have challenges. Before a game begins, players will wager how many cards they'll potentially lose or gain up to a maximum of five.

For the story mode, the CBS (Card Battle System) will switch to use the "Gems" rule. As you'll be fighting NPC (enemies, bosses etc), the goal will be to take them down using your Avatar - similarly to fighting enemies from a traditional rpg. The twist is that you'll be using your cards to perform actions.

This rule is the sole rule which governs card battles in the Story mode and it can also be unlocked in PVP battles after reaching a higher rank. The rule converts numbers on cards to gems representing different actions (attack, defend). Your avatars stats will affect things like damage done/taken when performing actions.

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2014, 05:49:37 AM »

Following.

Hi oodavid

In Eminence, every card is ranked by four numbers on every edge of a single card. Card battles are quick but very strategic, players essentially have to think several steps ahead and plan their moves from the offset. The objective of the battle is to capture as many of your opponents cards by strategically placing your cards adjacent to theirs where the rank numbers of the two cards will be compared. If yours is greater, then you capture your opponent's card. If they do the same then they'll capture one of yours. This goes back and forth until all spaces on the board have been occupied and the player with the most captured cards/points wins.

I see! When you capture a card does the logic cascade? That is, could I capture a card that in turn captures a card? I love the sound of that, I can already imagine the planning required to get this just right:

+ Place a card that will capture an enemy card.
 + BUT that couldn't capture one of your own IF captured in the future.

Sounds fun!

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2014, 08:03:28 AM »

Following.

Hi oodavid

I see! When you capture a card does the logic cascade? That is, could I capture a card that in turn captures a card? I love the sound of that, I can already imagine the planning required to get this just right:

+ Place a card that will capture an enemy card.
 + BUT that couldn't capture one of your own IF captured in the future.

Sounds fun!

Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Right

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2014, 09:50:52 AM »

Does it resemble Tetra Master/Triple Triad?

Yeah.
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »

Does it resemble Tetra Master/Triple Triad?

Hello again eyeliner,

you can learn more about the rules via this link: http://playeminence.com/game/dueling/

But for a short answer, yes. We have taken inspiration from games such as triple triad and introduced our own set of unique game modes into the mix.

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »

The Eminence Team wanted to pay homage to numerous gaming legends who all played a key part in our lives growing up. It's important to note that these cards will not appear in Eminence: Xander's Tales but were created merely as fan art.
All the characters depicted in these designs and their IP belong to their respective owners/studios.
To view more of our tributes, visit: http://buff.ly/1r6ADe7

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2014, 02:24:13 AM »

Not Super Mario, Sonic, Bill, Lance? You must be quite young.

Yeah.
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2014, 02:48:58 AM »

Not Super Mario, Sonic, Bill, Lance? You must be quite young.
Orrrr... we're old?

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2014, 03:38:50 AM »

Hell, no!  Mock Anger

The developers can't have those characters as only references, of course. The characters presented in the cards are farely recent.

Yeah.
EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »

Hell, no!  Mock Anger

The developers can't have those characters as only references, of course. The characters presented in the cards are farely recent.

Minus Samus! Scorpion also dates back to the early 90s.

We plan on showcasing more tributes, we have some pretty nifty ones lined up so stay tuned!  Smiley

EminenceRev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »

For years, this notorious Division has groomed troubled young girls into merciless killers. Harlequins are trained to subdue their emotions and lend their powers to other nations for financial and political benefits. As their purpose to create conflict benefits them financially, some believe they are influencers of key wars which have plagued Artalys. Harlequins heighten their Alchemy powers by pledging to the Guardian Gemini. They're brought up to believe that the state of happiness in a dying word is an illusion which hastens ones death.

Introducing the first card of the Division, Tragedy.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic