Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:36:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGlobal Gaming Industry Survey for Academic Thesis; Fill Out/Sign Up for Results
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Global Gaming Industry Survey for Academic Thesis; Fill Out/Sign Up for Results  (Read 351 times)
pitheos
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »

To Whom It May Concern,
My name is Derek Rumpler. I am a student at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio conducting research for my thesis for my undergraduate degree in Interactive Media Studies. Even though my research will focus on the current state of the local and regional digital and board game industries in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana, I will need data from across the global gaming industry as a basis for comparison. Particularly, I am interested in finding out if there is an expectation gap between the tri-state game industry and academia.

Your commitment to this research would be quite minimal. I ask only for a few minutes of your time to fill out an online survey. The survey should only require between 5 and 10 minutes and mostly consists of multiple choice and some fill-in-the-blank questions. The information you provide will be strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to any other parties. The survey is being conducted for purely academic reasons without any commercial interests.

You can find the survey, along with other information necessary for your consent, here: http://goo.gl/mSkVkD

I hope to have the survey finished by March 2014 when I plan to take it offline.

If you would like more information about the research, including the results of the research when it is complete, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Note that you do not need to participate in order to receive this information. You can also contact my faculty adviser, Dr. Bob De Schutter, at [email protected].

I look forward to your correspondence and using the data to improve the local gaming industry. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to help me with my research through your participation. If you know any relevant parties who might be interested in participating in this research, we would appreciate if you would forward this email or post it in an area where they can access it.

Sincerely,
Derek Rumpler
[email protected]
(513) 273-5433
Miami University

Dr. Bob De Schutter
[email protected]
Faculty Adviser
Assistant Professor of Interactive Media Studies and Communication
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: