Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:35:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPAX EAST 2014 - Boston
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PAX EAST 2014 - Boston  (Read 1850 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

Any other TIGers got a booth at PAXE14?

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:56:48 PM »

Yep! We got contacted just yesterday about it and sent in the paperwork last night. Right now we're in the middle of booth selection, and we're gunning for 1183, which is right next to you guys actually!

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:07:44 PM »

Cool, that will be fun, I've always liked how much modulate reminds me of System Shock 2 and other 90s puzzle/horror shooters

RealityShifter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »

Well be at PAX East near the indie mega booth.

Fire with Fire Tower Attack and Defense!
firewithfiregame.com, come get some buttons and have a look.

Creativegametheory.com
@theorygeorgiou
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 07:46:31 PM »

Finally back in Australia

PAX was really intense, didn't get a chance to talk to any developers other than the people right next to our booth.

I can see now why people go to GDC

Anyway, it was a really good experience, learnt a lot about how to set up a better booth for next time and what to expect

RealityShifter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:09 AM »

Really enjoyed PAX, but yeah I have a feeling going to GDC will be more fruitful connection wise. PAX East was a huge motivation boost as 300+ people played our game, and hundreds more gathered to watch 2 players duke it out at a time. The flow of players never stops :D Now If only I could convince some game journalists that people actually like our game Sad

Creativegametheory.com
@theorygeorgiou
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »

Really enjoyed PAX, but yeah I have a feeling going to GDC will be more fruitful connection wise. PAX East was a huge motivation boost as 300+ people played our game, and hundreds more gathered to watch 2 players duke it out at a time. The flow of players never stops :D Now If only I could convince some game journalists that people actually like our game Sad

Yeah, it seems that PAX Media hour is basically all pre-booked.
If the publication hasn't already confirmed a meeting time with you during media hour then nobody is coming at all.
I thought that there would be media just roaming the show looking for something interesting to cover.
Turns out then don't, they just go to the big name stuff at the front of the show, do pre-planned interviews and leave

RealityShifter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »

Yep, I could only land a couple engagements and it was throughout the day (not media hour) They give exhibitors contact info to the registered press that will be there so you can set appointments.

Creativegametheory.com
@theorygeorgiou
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic