Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:46:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJoan Mad Run - exquisite ways of killing in pixel-art scroll-shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Joan Mad Run - exquisite ways of killing in pixel-art scroll-shooter  (Read 6815 times)
Happymagenta
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2014, 02:35:20 AM »

Hey everyone!

[Update from May 6, 2016]

Woohoo! Joan Mad Run is finally out and even featured in New Games We Love on the App Store!!!
The game is free, so we hope that you will give it a try and enjoy! Smiley

Get it here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/joan-mad-run/id1105426659?mt=8

[Update of April 25, 2016]

Our team - Happymagenta - has been working on Joan Mad Run for a long while already. For various reasons we had to postpone the project a few times. However, we always knew that the day will come and we will finally finish and release the game. That's why I am so happy to say that we sent the game for review to the App Store and the release is coming very soon Smiley

And for now I will add a few gifs for you to feel the atmosphere Smiley

About the Game

Joan Mad Run is a pixel-art gory fight-to-the-death run’n’gun, that takes your enemies straight to hell. Literally.

The story begins when our eponymous heroine wakes up in prison. She can't tell who she is and remembers nothing about her past. Led by her inner voice, that craves for blood, she decides to escape and find out the truth. Whatever it takes.

Having no one she can trust, Joan, luckily, has her guns, that would leave no chance for anyone or anything in her way. Unnerving in its out-of-control brutality, the game instantly forces you into Joan’s shoes. And that’s when you get an amazing chance to satisfy your bloodlust by burning your enemies alive, melting them with acid, chopping them and watching their blood spurt like geyser, striking them with lightning, exploding them, squeezing them like bugs or sending them directly to the blazing inferno.

Besides cool weapons you can also get mighty power-ups, that would make your struggle for life a little less exhausting. However, you will have to try to keep your head cool, think fast and be hell dexterous if you want to survive. Deadly traps, grisly bosses and callous scumbags are all here:

Please let us know your thoughts and ideas - they are heartly welcome!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:09:11 AM by Happymagenta » Logged
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 05:12:07 AM »

Lots of nice pixel art here.  Any chance of a demo version appearing?  Would be nice to try it out. 

My only issue is it feels like a cell phone game that's running on a PC ..
YellowAfterlife
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:18:16 AM »

This looks awesome. Not sure if it stands for as much on desktop, but for mobile this certainly would be the best match.
Also voted on Greenlight.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:24:50 AM »

Lots of nice pixel art here.  Any chance of a demo version appearing?  Would be nice to try it out.  

My only issue is it feels like a cell phone game that's running on a PC ..
Yeah I beta tested this. It's a great game with awesome gory effects and cool guns

But I'm surprised the developers are looking to bring the game to PC. It's so well suited for mobile, the touch controls are finely tuned, but I feel it could seem a bit underwhelming compared to what's offered on PC
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:55:29 AM by Christian » Logged

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:49:53 AM »

looks like some rad metal slug style carnage! the art and sprites look excellent. also, and forgive me internet for being totally lame, but i really like a default female "generic badass action hero" protagonist. yeah its a small thing that shouldnt mean anything in this day and age, but hell you know it sort of does.

Voted on greenlight, but i also agree with everybody that id probably prefer to play it on ipad or something.

oh also that trailer is sick as hell!!

Happymagenta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 06:03:37 AM »

Thank you, guys, for your support and opinions!  Smiley

Our primary concern here is to release the game for iOS and Android as soon as we can.

What concerns the PC version, well, we didn't think about that at all until we started receiving such requests from different people. So we just thought: "Why not?" And that's how we came to Greenlight.

Of course our main goal of making this post is simply to let you know about our project. Somehow we missed this forum when we were posting the info on the game several months ago. Big mistake  Screamy

But we are here now and your support is really important, as well as your fresh ideas!  
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:17:25 AM by Happymagenta » Logged
Happymagenta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 06:16:38 AM »

Lots of nice pixel art here.  Any chance of a demo version appearing?  Would be nice to try it out.  

Well, if people support us for PC, we are planning to split the game in two parts.

First one is the free demo with one level and nightmare difficulty - lot's of mobs, so you could enjoy the art of killing in the old way.

Second one - the full version with all the levels and more balanced gameplay - will have a reasonable small price. What is more, there would be no option to buy some stuff for real money. We don't like IAP and think it ruins the gaming industry.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:23:19 AM by Happymagenta » Logged
Happymagenta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 04:03:04 AM »

Guys, I've got some great news!  Smiley
First of all, Joan Mad Run got Greenlit on April 4th! So I want to thank everyone for your support and voting - THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

Another good news is that we released a free iOS version of Joan with an alternate character John. Just to let you feel a bit of the atmosphere and prepare for the great battle. It's called John Mad Run, has 2 especially drawn locations and 5 manly weapons. The game is also IAP-free, which is good news Smiley It was released yesterday, so I hope you'll give it a try.

Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id844148083?mt=8

And here's also my favourite gif:

Please let me know what you think!
Happymagenta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 05:30:16 AM »

Hey friends!

I know I haven't posted here for a long time already. Lots of things have happened over the past few years. We had to postpone Joan Mad Run a few times, took up and launched other projects (like "Into the Dim" and "Tomb of the Mask"). But still we always knew that project Joan has a lot of potential and we must finish and release the game. And so finally this happy day is coming! Smiley The game is already approved by the App Store and will be released very soon!

Being indie and having a limited budget, we had to give up some of the features. But still we believe that the players will find the game accomplished and enjoyable.

Here is the list of the main features of Joan Mad Run:

- dozens of exquisite and powerful weapons & upgrades
- brutal boss battles
- spectacular death effects
- mighty powerups
- various locations

Hopefully some of you guys will also give the game a try on release and share your thoughts and impressions! Smiley

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 05:34:02 AM »

Congrats on the release! I remember testing the early versions, and really enjoying it. Can't wait to check out the finished game

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Happymagenta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 06:10:27 AM »

Great news, friends! Smiley

Joan Mad Run is finally out and even got a feature in New Games We Love on the App Store! Smiley

Hope you will give it a try (it's free) and enjoy playing! Smiley

https://itunes.apple.com/app/joan-mad-run/id1105426659?mt=8
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic