Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:51:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkPixel Artist for Super Smash Ball
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Artist for Super Smash Ball  (Read 3177 times)
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2014, 03:59:14 PM »

Introduction
My name is Martino, I am the programmer for Super Smash Ball.
We are currently a 2 man team, with me as the programmer and Ashton Morris as the Sound Designer.

About Me
I graduated in Communcation & Multimedia Design at the Amsterdam University in 2012. During my study I have taken a game design minor and had an internship as a programmer for 6 months at Digital Dreams in the Dutch Game Garden.
After my study I have worked for 10 months at Flavour, a dutch game company in Amsterdam.

Super Smash Ball

Super Smash Ball is a local multiplayer arcade-style focused on fast paced, over the top action.
It draws inspiration from games like WindJammers and Super Smash Brothers.
The goal is simple, get the ball into your opponent's goal, you have a range of punches and powerups to your disposal to do this.

The game is currently still in an early stage, but the basic mechanics are there. Be sure to check out the devlog here for more information on the game. Please note that all graphics are placeholder.

The position
We are looking for an artist well developed in 16-bit pixel art. As all the current art is placeholder, you will be in charge of pretty much all the visual aspects of the game. To give you a rough idea, this will conclude the following;

• 4 to 8 character designs with several movement and combat animations
  • Several enemy and item designs
  • 4 to 8 level designs, each with their own distinct style. These will probably be tile based
  • UI work, the game doesn't feature alot of interface components, but there will be some basic stuff like level selection and character selection

Here are some references to give you an idea of what we are looking for.

Frog Sord

There is a story element in the game to base the character on, it won't be communcated to the player a lot. Not all character have been defined yet, so you will have a lot of freedom in designing the characters.

What does this offer you?
25-40% of profit.
Initial payment of €500 - €1000 based on your available work time.

The game is still in an early stage so I have not yet made advances towards marketing. The goal would be to get the game on steam. Once the game is in alpha I will take it with me to multiplayer picnics in the Dutch Game Garden, which is a great place to get your game out in the open.

Risks
I feel obligued to give you a realistic image of the project. There are a few risks
- I (The programmer) have some medical issues which prevent me from working for extended periods. It is not yet clear how this will develop in the future. I am not going to discuss it here openly, but hit me up with a message if you have further questions.
- No confirmed revenue model yet.

I'm interested, how should I contact you?
You can hit me up with a personal message in tigsource or send me and e-mail or add me to skype;

e-mail: [email protected]

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:22:04 PM »

I've had a great response to this and going to pick an artist soon. So if you've been eyeing up on this it would be best to contact me soon before the position is taken  Beer!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »

The position has been filled, thanks for the great response everyone!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic