Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:35:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Bear, the Cat and the Rabbit
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Bear, the Cat and the Rabbit  (Read 3230 times)
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:11:58 AM »

Hello there!
I would like to get some feedback on my game "The Bear, the Cat and the Rabbit". It is a short adventure with couple "think outside the box" puzzles". All this in semi-isometric, 16-bit retro style.

The game itself is a prequel to my and my wife's comic book of the same title (unfortunately not yet available in digital distribution). To keep the plot short: it is about three anthropomorphic animals on a strange quest in abandoned yet hostile environment.

Game uses Flashpunk engine with some minor modifications and number of additional functions including save-game system, custom quad-tree geometry based collisions, A* pathfinding and SFX looping.

Here's the link: http://rostok.3e.pl/BearCatRabbit/

Game is playable in a browser but there's standalone exe also avaiable

Some teasing gfx:

QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 11:03:27 AM »

I like the aesthetic but it's a little difficult to understand what you have to do. i followed the crow wtih the bear until i got a "?crow", then i ended up in a sandstorm incapable of moving or doing anything (i hit the edge of the level?) with the rabit and cat i had no idea what to do, i tried to fight the horse thing but nothing i tried worked (rolling, throwing balls whatever). And with the rabbit, i figure someone else has to reach him to help him. It looks interesting but i got tired of running around without a single clue, and then getting stuck with nothing new learned/found in the sand storm.
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:28:01 AM »

Since you have reached the sandstorm which in fact is end of level you must have solved the first puzzle. So getting the bear to others shouldn't be a hard thing since the map isn't that big. However I must agree that no clues whatsoever makes the game frustrating. I will think of some extra help for players that got stuck.

Thanks for the feedback.
QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »

i couldn't move around however, so i dont know how i'd get the bear anywhere?
the
Level 0

is this the?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:57:02 AM »

crow part is too long. finally stuck there, at the door :

Minion Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 06:29:40 PM »

I love the art and the overall presentation of the game. I was also not able to get past the crow part... when I switched, I just got the others killed Cry

Your comic looks incredible, too!

...PLEASE tell me how to find the others with Mr.Bear... I followed the crow for half an hour.

-Eric
Minion Studios
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 03:22:42 PM »

The crows are mean. You should try to go the opposite way.

Anyway, I've just added some helpers. Those are 3 small sparkles that will pop up after about 3 minutes of being stuck with the bear and crows. Just follow them.
Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »

I like the way how it feels, but also I would like a map.
Nikas
Level 1

drink drank drunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »

It's little psychedelic lol.

meowanme
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 09:02:23 PM »

Hi, I know this devlog is a little old, but I read about it on indiegames.com and then decided to give it a whirl.  I got to the part where I rescued all three of the characters.  Then I got stuck.  I tried using the bear to kill all the crows, which I was successful in doing, but then I didn't know what else to do.  So googled around and found this devlog here!

So... any hints?
And are you still working on it?

Also, for what it's worth: I'm still not sure what to do right at the beginning.  I just followed the crows but it seemed to only sometimes work.  I'd find a crow, run in the direction it flies, then see nothing and I wander around until I see something new.

Anyway, hope to hear from you, even after all these months!
rostok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 08:15:17 AM »

@meowamne
"The Bear..." is finalized. I know it is pretty hard and not obvious and also may seem strange as it is prequel to the comic book but I will try to help and will PM you with walk-through details.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic