Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:01:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creative[GRAPHICS] Need Sprites for Your Games - IGB let's you build them!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [GRAPHICS] Need Sprites for Your Games - IGB let's you build them!  (Read 1489 times)
Roencia
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2014, 08:35:01 AM »

I've been making thousands of modular sprites the past year so people can make there own graphics.  Kind of like a sprite building kit.  I'm only doing kickstarter to help fund the artists working on it with me.  It's called the Indie Graphics Builder.

Link: http://kck.st/1gnWybn

If it is successful, you will be able to download the assets and updates on Steam.  Should be an easy way to help with game development.  I've posted some commercial success stories from earlier versions of the pack.

Samples:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:51:33 AM by Roencia » Logged
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:05:46 AM »

This is pretty cool and seems like a really nice idea behind making your own sprites, though the top-down sprites seem to have really short arms. Hope to see it continue!

Shadowspaz
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:06:56 PM »

Yeah, this is a really nice idea. That, and the art is pretty solid. It's awesome that you span a good number of game types, too. I'll be curious to see what people end up doing with this! Wink

Check out my devlog!
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 08:23:11 AM »

SO. MUCH. YES.

I do worry about if they'll animate, emote, or function in a gamelike setting, though. It seems like a good idea in theory, but in practice, I'd like something more than stiff bodies sliding around.

snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 12:37:57 AM »

I'm probably going to end up making swords with the spaceship parts and spaceships with the armor parts.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic