Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411479 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58425 Members - Latest Member: solpreston

April 23, 2024, 09:10:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosDavid Vitas - Professional Composer/Sound Designer here to help!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: David Vitas - Professional Composer/Sound Designer here to help!  (Read 1101 times)
vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:21:33 PM »

Hello!

After a relatively long hiatus (original tigsource post), I'm back with a new portfolio and a new drive to compose music and make sound effects for your projects!

My name is David Vitas, and I've been playing piano for over 17 years. I graduated with honours from OIART, where I picked up awards for creativity and best radio spot. I grew up on old Nintendo, Sega, and Sony hardware; therefore my inspiration stems from artists like Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda. I also enjoy artists like BT, Daft Punk, Stevie Wonder, and Muse. My music palette is very broad.

I'm very proficient at making music that compliments any project or aesthetic style. As a sound designer, I enjoy making new sounds from scratch!

What sets me apart from other composers and audio designers?

• Anti-Piracy - I pride myself in having a no piracy stance on all my gear. Every piece of software is fully licensed so you can rest easy when I work.
  • Piano - Since I compose on the piano, I always write all my tunes there first. This means that I can send you the actual composition so you can okay it before I make the full instrumental. It's like I'm sending you the sketch before the full painting.
  • Rates - My rates are very reasonable and negotiable. I'm sure we can come to an agreement!
  • Time - My turn around time is very reasonable. I work good under pressure and can meet any deadline!
  • Professional - My work ethic is professional, but I'm also a very friendly and approachable guy. Shoot me a message!

If you want to strike up a project, visit my website and send me an Email.

Thanks,

David

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:35:03 PM by vidvi » Logged

Check out my musical work and send me some feedback!
vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:42:13 PM »

Hi friends!

I've been on a bit of a hiatus (more like working on projects). I wanted to share some stuff I've made.

I've been working on an independent animation called Tree of Life. I was in charge of all the sound for the Kickstarter trailer. Sadly the Kickstarter was cancelled/put on hiatus. Sad I still have some work to show though!

<-- One of the first songs I composed for Tree of Life.

<-- The Tree of Life Main theme!

https://soundcloud.com/vidvi/tree-of-life-kickstarter-orchestral <-- The orchestral version for the trailer.
https://soundcloud.com/vidvi/tree-of-life-kickstarter-trailer-theme <-- This made it into the trailer. It's a scaled back version of the orchestral piece.

As always, you can check out more of my work on my portfolio. Shoot me a message! I'd love to work on more music, mixes, or sound effects.

vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:52:03 AM »

I'm back with some more stuff!

<-- I was inspired one day, so I wrote a short lullaby.

https://soundcloud.com/vidvi/armenian-example <-- Tried out for a youtube show by composing an Armenian intro tune. I'm not Armenian, but it turned out good!

As always, shoot me an email and we can strike up a project! I have a bunch more things in the pipeline (like a 4 song EPIC orchestral EP) so I'll keep this thread updated. Smiley

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:46:14 PM »

Hey David! I stopped by your portfolio and I must say, you have a very impressive reel!

I would also like to throw in an extra kudos, in regards to your piano videos! You're a great performer!

vidvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »

Hey Jasmine,

Thanks for the kind words! I think the best thing I can continue doing is creating music in different styles. That being said, if someone ever hired me for a JRPG project I'd feel right at home hahaha.

I check out your website and I'm digging your style as well! I listened to the Leviathan OST. You're great at capturing specific emotion in your pieces.

Cheers!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic