Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:54:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParkitect - business simulation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
Print
Author Topic: Parkitect - business simulation  (Read 140156 times)
RhysD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2014, 07:29:19 AM »

Looks great! I think Theme Park was one of the first games we got for the family computer when I was a kid. Spent days with that game and later on the Rollercoaster Tycoon series. There was something amazing about being able to creat a park that little digital people could enjoy...and then proceed to empty their guts over 99% of my meticulously placed footpaths at the same time.

Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2014, 08:41:33 AM »

Thanks everyone, the feedback here is incredibly motivating Smiley

PS: Whats the engine, Unity?
PS2: I am a sucker for High Definition footage, would be great if you could use gfycat.com to do 720p+ HTML vids  Wink shouldn't take any longer then the existing gif's take already.

Yes, Unity Free for now, but I definitely want to use Pro in the end (just not sure yet how to finance it). Also, Enlighten in Unity 5 looks amazing, I'm really curious how well that'll work for this game.

Actually, the graphical quality of the gifs so far is quite close to what I see on screen haha :D Good idea though, I'll make sure to use gyfcat once it makes sense.

Oh and by the way, I'm open to suggestions for a better project code name or actual game name, I couldn't find anything catchy so far Smiley

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »

A hot dog, minus the hot dog with extra bun

Guv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 12:42:17 AM »

Actually, the graphical quality of the gifs so far is quite close to what I see on screen haha :D Good idea though, I'll make sure to use gyfcat once it makes sense.

Are you recording the Editor or the Game screen? My Editor always looks crappy but you can play with the Quality settings to make the Game mode look a lot different. I think it's in Edit > Project Settings > Quality. Things like turning on AA, even a little bit, will smooth a lot of the jaggedness.

As for a name. I guess it depends on the overall theme... Realistic simulator or a quirky/silly one? Either way, it's looking great so far and very interesting. I'm a sucker for anything with some kind of Agent Based AI.
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 01:38:46 AM »

Editor/Game screen look absolutely identical - I'm developing on a Thinkpad with Intel integrated graphics processor :D Doesn't even support AA. On the one hand that's quite nice, since if it runs on this thing it'll run everywhere...but I'll have to get another machine once it gets to making things look nice :/

Realistic vs quirky: I'd say somewhere inbetween. Fun over realism, definitely. A bit of quirkyness, but nothing that is completely unrealistic either.

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 06:21:31 AM »

This makes me so excited to see. I love the original Rollercoaster Tycoon games and was so sad when they announced the 4th one fail. Good luck with finishing this! :D
AODBAMF
Level 0

sup

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 06:23:39 AM »

Oh and by the way, I'm open to suggestions for a better project code name or actual game name, I couldn't find anything catchy so far Smiley

Tracks, possibly with a fancy word attached that indicates something curvy/loopy (I wouldn't use loopy though because of Loopy Landscapes).

Realistic vs quirky: I'd say somewhere inbetween. Fun over realism, definitely. A bit of quirkyness, but nothing that is completely unrealistic either.

At what angle do I have to throw my money at the screen? I can't seem to do it right.
garret559
Level 0

3D Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »

Hey all, I'm the artist working with Sebioff here! I've been working away at some new stuff and the game's already starting to look way nicer.

We're trying to keep a low poly, simplistic art style for the game utilizing mostly vertex colors and shaders. I think I would describe it as a fun, toybox look with lots of colors, and a little tilt-shift when we get Unity Pro.

It's still pretty early and stuff's bound to change! I'm working on some fun stuff (peeps, flat ride, etc) that'll come real soon!

Kurt
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2014, 03:28:29 PM »

yessssssssss

Derqs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »

This!  Kiss

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2014, 03:51:53 PM »

I'd say the shadows are too dark. Drastic shadows often look good with low-poly, but they're kinda distracting here and make things look really busy since they're so complex.

Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2014, 11:13:16 PM »

Yeah true! Havn't put much thought into that yet. Probably also looks better if they're a bit softer?

I joined this Twitter thing if anyone's interested: @Sebioff_

Garrets is: @GarretRandell

Guv
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2014, 12:06:09 AM »

Holy crap on a cracker... From Unity grey to that in the click of your fingers. My excitement just increased tenfold. It's the RCT4 people really wanted Tongue
jonkk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2014, 12:10:48 AM »

I am ridiculously excited about this game! Keep up the good work.  Beer!

handro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »

About time someone made another rtc.   I always thought if Chris Sawyer made a kickstarter for another rct it would make millions.

Can't wait!
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »

OMG THIS ART STYLE IS AMAZING  Evil

So long and thanks for all the pi
dhondon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2014, 09:52:02 AM »

Wow! This looks so cool  Smiley
Let me know if you need a second artist.

garret559
Level 0

3D Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2014, 04:09:20 AM »

Thought I'd let you all know we're still working hard! Here's a recent commit:

We'll have some cool stuff to show real soon  Wink

SafetySnail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2014, 05:21:50 AM »

Excited to see more of this! I agree though that the shadows are pretty harsh. I'd love to see it toned down with that tiltshift you were talking about.
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2014, 06:03:10 AM »

I'm currently mostly busy with putting in all the art and animations Garret produces, but here's some of the work from the last couple of days:

Added station platforms, lift hill chains, 45° curves, variable segment length (notice the bigger curves on the right), banked segments buildable from ingame, new path tiles with handrails on raised sections.

Tilt shift will have to wait until we get Unity Pro Sad

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic