Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:45:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkI need a 2D artist to help me bring my shmup to the next level !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I need a 2D artist to help me bring my shmup to the next level !  (Read 1106 times)
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2014, 02:25:19 AM »

Hi guys !

My name is Julien, I'm 29 and from Belgium. I'm developping an Android / desktop shoot'em up and I'm looking for a 2D artist to help me bring this project to the next level.

You can see what it looks like here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.julien.cheapestshootinggame

Basically I need sprites for every ship, some animated. The current are from Tyrian, I didn't choose this art style specifically, I just took something that was available.

I'll be honest I'm not sure about the style beside sci-fi, so you would have some liberties there, and no I won't make trouble if the style isn't what I expected, guess we'll just have to experiment there. Of course it would need to be consistent over the set. And just a detail, without white being used, that's reserved to bullets. That being said, I would just like something that fit well with the current particles system (weapons effect, explosions and so on). About the size it would vary from around 40*40 to around 100*400 for a boss. For every sprite you would get a size and proportion requirement, it doesn't have to be 1 pixel accurate, I can adjust in the game, but it should be roughly correct. You would also get what pattern the ship is supposed to follow in the game. For example what weapon is he supposed to fire with, in what direction, how does he move and so on.

It would be around 30-35 sprites, counting animations, with more to come as the game grow. I hope it doesn't feel too vague, I'm not an artist and doesn't have a clear eye on this thing but this project has been in development for almost two years and I'm very committed to it.

Would you be interested ? Smiley

I can offer two kinds of payment. I could either :
- pay you upfront
- offer a revenue share, but be aware that revenue for the moment are really low (15 - 20$ / month). I see this option more as a partnership
And of course credits.

You can pm me or send me an email to [email protected].
Replace the domain name by gmail.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:26:26 AM by JulienBe » Logged

amilcojazz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »

mail on the way

kind regards

Aldo.
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 06:20:27 AM »

The position is filled, at least for a try. I'll update this post if the trial goes wrong, but that seems unlikely Smiley

Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »

Hey Julien. I remember I was working on one of the boss sprites for this project, but I haven't heard from you recently. I actually have a rough version of the sprite done, so if you're still interested, PM me or email me at the link in my signature.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic