Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:55:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Art
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 591
Print
Author Topic: Art  (Read 2216623 times)
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10620 on: September 24, 2014, 10:57:25 PM »

oh hey, a rare non-"anime" post from me.
doodled in pencil while waiting for work to be over.

Also, what everyone else was saying, absolutely study and learn human anatomy before trying anything cartoonish.

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10621 on: September 25, 2014, 02:08:20 AM »

i got you guys covered

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS THOUGH, if you want to be able to draw in one single style, then practice that style until you nail it.

If you wanna be a bit more flexible or use fun angles when drawing, then anime is basically just geometric forms that are sometimes offset for reasons (silly tradition or in the case of 3/4 angles having more face than in reality, faces being an important part of the medium)

Also to draw really good anime eyes, just draw a shiny crystal egg and fill it with space and nebulas

edit: what I'm trying to say is that the first step I'm outlining here is to draw a slightly moomin-cheeked clay shape. when you extrapolate anime, it's all simple shapes like that with decoration on top. If you're having trouble drawing a believable ball with shading or a cube that makes sense geometrically, start there. Human brains are already wired to be good with faces, so try to draw geometry objectively well, and then apply the human face magic on that and it'll be all good
ink.inc
« Reply #10622 on: September 25, 2014, 02:09:30 AM »

bless u jad
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10623 on: September 25, 2014, 07:54:34 AM »

Quote from: me
Also to draw really good anime eyes, just draw a shiny crystal egg and fill it with space and nebulas

Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: September 25, 2014, 09:35:03 AM »

Quote from: me

Just about right!

Excellent sketches Rakugaki-Otoko. Keep at it rj™.

Here are some fixes I made to my piece.

Ninehart blogspot -----> n9nehart.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:18:30 AM by Nu-Type » Logged
Saturator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: September 25, 2014, 10:25:36 AM »

Hey Nu-Type, I like it! However, there's a few things that struck my eye in the proportions. Mainly, it looks like this guy has definitely not been skipping leg day, so his arms could be beefier as well. Here's a quick fix I did:

In addition to the arms and torso, I made his head a bit bigger and moved his pecs up. What do you think?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:55:48 AM by Saturator » Logged
zomboko
Level 0

Game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10626 on: September 25, 2014, 02:46:57 PM »

Hey! Here's main character of Crossing the line - Edward Mason.
This concept made by our concept artist - ALVP.

Click for fullsize.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:08:47 PM by zomboko » Logged

Pol
Level 1

yee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10627 on: September 25, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »

Quick cheap promo for Even the Stars at EGX (this version has a typo but I fixed it no worries)

}-=\\\',«º> Dev+artblog · Home on the web · @PolClarissou <º».\\\'=-{
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: September 25, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »

Hey Nu-Type, I like it! However, there's a few things that struck my eye in the proportions. Mainly, it looks like this guy has definitely not been skipping leg day, so his arms could be beefier as well. Here's a quick fix I did:

In addition to the arms and torso, I made his head a bit bigger and moved his pecs up. What do you think?

Hey man, glad you liked it! However, that isn't a man, it's a woman. But with your edits, you've truly turned her into a man LOL. It was a conscious decision to make her slightly androgynous, but I think I made her way too much. Back to the drawing board!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:54:23 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #10629 on: September 25, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »

hey ya know when quotin' big old images it'd be nice if y'all could shrink the pics so that folks dont have to scroll past em twice!
Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #10630 on: September 25, 2014, 03:56:04 PM »

Some art from a game I'm currently working on.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:26:21 PM by Cristiano Vitorino » Logged
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: September 25, 2014, 03:56:36 PM »

hey ya know when quotin' big old images it'd be nice if y'all could shrink the pics so that folks dont have to scroll past em twice!

I can shrink them with the post tools? How?
ink.inc
« Reply #10632 on: September 25, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »

Code:
[img width=880]image url[/url]

880 is the maximum image width for the forum before u get horizontal scroll bars
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: September 25, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »

Code:

880 is the maximum image width for the forum before u get horizontal scroll bars

Ah nice using img width I can control the scale, even if the image is larger through my image tag or link. Excellent. Thanks.

edit: Here is the fixed version, this should do the trick.

http://n9nehart.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:43:24 PM by Nu-Type » Logged
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10634 on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:22 PM »

Speaking of anime though

Also thank you, Nu-type for the compliment!
I have to ask (and hopefully it hasnt been mentioned and I just missed it) Is your portrait you're working Metal Gear inspired? It looks like it could be something right out of an info-graphic or official art from the game! Also, it could be me, but the pupils look a tad close together to me.
Also, I would have thought people would know she was female by the name you gave before:
Name - Izabela Irakov

PowRTocH
« Reply #10635 on: September 25, 2014, 11:37:24 PM »

Saturator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: September 26, 2014, 12:38:27 AM »

Code:

Ah nice using img width I can control the scale, even if the image is larger through my image tag or link. Excellent. Thanks.

Ah, didn't realize that it's a woman! That new version looks awesome.
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: September 26, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »

Speaking of anime though

Also thank you, Nu-type for the compliment!
I have to ask (and hopefully it hasnt been mentioned and I just missed it) Is your portrait you're working Metal Gear inspired? It looks like it could be something right out of an info-graphic or official art from the game! Also, it could be me, but the pupils look a tad close together to me.
Also, I would have thought people would know she was female by the name you gave before:
Name - Izabela Irakov

Thanks Rakugaki-Otoko! Yes, its very Metal Gear inspired. Its part of a project called N9NEHART im designing and developing into several media (mainly videogame, graphic novel/motion comic and film). Other influences include The Terminator, Universal Soldier and Robocop. You can check my blogspot where I make posts on art and ideas behind N9NEHART. n9nehart.blogspot.com

On the eyes, its possible. I'll have to keep an eye (no pun intended) on that detail in future pieces regarding her.

By the way, your art rocks, you got some excellent stuff going on in this thread.

Cow That study looks great!
Cristiano Vitorino Cool!
Pol Nice promo! I like the blasted white effect.
zomboko Quite the moody concept, looks very good! Is the game Horror or Thriller/Suspense?

Here is a little something different, a Phantasy Star III fan-art. Its a paint over, using one of Jessica Prescott's aka Faestock, stock photo. This is the final artwork and the process.

Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #10638 on: September 26, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »

Cristiano Vitorino Cool!
Thank you sir! Gentleman

Cool style you have there! Physical paint-brush?

KaiserCVR
Level 0

Amateur Artist/Professional Drinker

View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: September 28, 2014, 09:42:21 AM »

Been doing straight pixel art for a couple weeks for the game I'm working on, so I took a break last night to do a little painting. Man, all dem pixels be messin with my brain.  Crazy

Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 591
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic