Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:40:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)cryengine 4 vs unreal engine 4
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: cryengine 4 vs unreal engine 4  (Read 5934 times)
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:46:42 AM »

Hi!

Do you people think that cryengine 4 or unreal engine 4 is better for creating a next gen (ps4, xbox one, wii u and pc) first person shooter which focuses mainly on graphics and is set in a future dystopian world like killzone but 50 years or so further into the future? Also is umbra 3 part of unreal engine 4 or is it a whole new game engine by itself and if so is it better than cry engine 4 and unreal engine 4?

Thanks

Smiley
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:31:27 AM »

Also can anyone find any tutorials for me for cry engine 4 and a comparison of cry engine 4 vs unreal engine 4. Also how do i change my profile picture on this forum?
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »

finally can anyone give me a link to show how you make a video game campaign for either cry engine 3/4 or unreal engine 4 or even better both.

Thanks for everything

Smiley
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »

sorry for the amount of questions i have asked but as my final one if i make a game on either cry engine 4 or unreal engine 4 for ps4 will i then be able to copy the file and just change the settings to xbox one/pc or will i have to create the game all over again and also is it best to create a game on pc, xbox one or ps4 first before adding the other two in aswell.

Thanks for all your help (again)

Smiley
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:56 AM »

By the way to make a game for ps4 or xbox one on unreal 4 or cry engine 4 do i need to connect a ps4/xbox one and if not what do i have to do to develop a game for ps4 or xbox one.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 11:15:13 AM »

You must be very young. Why would you want to make a boring game in the first place. I think it is a relevant question.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »

If you're asking these questions, you're not ready to make a game in either engine.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

Can you people just answer my question because i have found the answers to the other questions and i would just like to know if cry engine 4 or unreal engine 4 is better for next gen consoles.
WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »

Can you people just answer my question because i have found the answers to the other questions and i would just like to know if cry engine 4 or unreal engine 4 is better for next gen consoles.

These two engines have advantage and disatvantage.
They are cheap so you can try yourself both.

This is two solid engine and they are both ready for the next gen.

You can get on this reddit thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/22abrc/unreal_vs_unity_forget_the_pricing_what_are_the/

You will have plenty of ref including test of Unreal VS cryengine.

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »

why all this fuss.., when are we going to talk about your upcoming world domination?
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 12:48:32 AM »

look i know you are all trying to help me out (especially WildFactor) but can someone either give me a link or tell me the pros and cons of cry engine 4 (not 3) and unreal engine 4 and if possible a link showing a graphics comparison swell.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 01:10:01 AM »

Okay, let me help you out here.

What most of these people are saying is that you have no chance of making this game. Making a fps that's based mainly on graphics is reaaaally hard, especially because you don't seem to have much knowledge of anything game dev related. You have to program a lot, make tons and tons of graphics, and do all types of work that you originally would not have thought of. It's reaaally hard to make a game when you start out. I would suggest, if you want to make a game, to start off with either something 2d, using a programming engine like game maker, or to start out with unity3d, which allows people to make 3d games easily. It may not have the same graphics as cryengine 3 or whatever, but chances are that you won't need to use all those graphics anyways. Also, with Unity, you can export to PC, IOS, Android, and I think Xbox and PS3, but you'll have to pay for a license.

If you want to just know the difference between cry engine and unreal engine, then cryengine basically has better graphics. The crysis series is basically built just to look pretty. Unreal Engine may not look as nice, but I think it's supposed to be easier to work with. (not sure about that)

Also, can't you just search on youtube "unreal engine vs cryengine"?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
1000hammers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 01:16:52 AM »

i have tried but all i can find is either cry engine 3 vs unreal engine 3 or cry engine 3 vs unreal engine 4 but not cry engine 4 vs unreal engine 4. But thanks a lot for your information i will take it in and use it wisely,

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 01:28:51 AM »

If you do decide that you want to use one of the two and not start with unity or something, I recommend you start with unreal engine 4. Both can publish to xbone and ps4, but unreal engine is way more indie-friendly. Just look at the differences between games made with cryengine, and games made with unreal engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cry_Engine_3#CryEngine_.284th_generation.29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

Of course, if you're just starting game development, and have never programmed or anything, you're probably not going to get very far.....

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »

A maybe relevant side note: the engine you pick makes next to no difference, they all have more or less the same new, cool features. If you want the game to look good, the design and assets - models, textures and animations - are everything.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 08:53:34 AM »

Use good engine.
Get good assets.
Get good programmers.
Get good musicians.
Get good sounds.
Get good marketing.
Get good money.
Get good game.
Get good rich.

Yeah.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »

I could swear I replied to this topic but I don't see my post ... Shrug

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 03:04:16 PM »

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/235219-Why-Unity-5-0-is-STILL-a-good-deal/page5?p=1562646&viewfull=1#post1562646

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 07:19:20 AM »

That post is overly optimistic on Unity and lack faith in the other contenders. Also, someone with vast experience in Unity is obviously bound to be tainted about their choices.

I'd say, try them and them stick with the one you like best. Or can afford. I can afford Unity for now, so I use that. And my ridiculous lack of skill to use the tool at their maximum potential.

All I know is that this topic made me dive into Unity again.

Yeah.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 07:38:23 AM »

Well the guy in the post has experience in each of them

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic