Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:47:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsSeeking: Composer to join two person team for experimental narrative game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking: Composer to join two person team for experimental narrative game  (Read 1312 times)
Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:18 PM »

Hello,

My name is Jonathan. Together with my colleague Terry we are looking to expand our team to include a talented composer who can create the soundtrack for an original interactive story.

The game is a drama inspired by American television serials such as Twin Peaks and The X-Files. It puts an emphasis on characters, theme and atmosphere rather than player skill. The story is delivered in an unconventional, experimental style.

Critically music will be at the forefront of the storytelling.

The soundtrack will have to complement the unique tone and structure of the game and deliver its emotional core.

The project is an opportunity for a musician to create music unlike anything typically associated with games.

Our intention is to complete a first act, of roughly 15 to 30 minutes length, by mid-June.

This deadline is inflexible and should be factored into your availability when considering the role.

But by far the most important ask is that you are prepared to completely involve yourself in the project. We want you to be invested and to feel like you can leave your mark on the game. Your music will be vital in honing the shape of the experience. And your enthusiasm, insight and ability to iterate as we do will be invaluable.

We’re not looking for an outsourcer, but a collaborator and team member to join our small and scrappy band.

If this interests you please contact me right away. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you for your time!

About the team: Jonathan and Terry are friends and former professional game developers, recently turned indie. Jonathan is a designer and writer. Terry is a 2D / 3D artist and animator. We’ve been working in games for roughly 10 years each and have contributed to over 10 released games between us. We’ve been using Unity for 18 months.

About the project: The game is being developed in Unity / playMaker.

I’m reaching out far and wide with this request, so please don’t be surprised if you spot this post on other forums!

Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 03:44:38 AM »

Huge thanks for all the responses by the way. I'm really quite touched by the interest and enthusiasm displayed. I've got a lot of listening to do today! I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.

Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:49:27 AM »

So yikes. The response to this advert ended up being way, way larger than I expected.

In addition to posting here on TIGForums, I posted the advert on IndieDB, IndieGamer, the Unity Forum and on Reddit. As of this morning I've received over 40 portfolios and showreels.

I've spent a chunk of Tuesday and Wednesday going through them, but I'm still not finished. And I'm doing my best to coordinate with Terry as I go.

So please understand if I haven't replied to you yet. I will absolutely get in touch with each of you no matter the outcome.

Thank you everyone who has sent their work to me. The standard is phenomenally high. I'm really taken aback by the enthusiasm and passion displayed.

Truly, thank you all!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic