Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:28:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBounty Hunt ( working title ) Online Multi Fighter
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Bounty Hunt ( working title ) Online Multi Fighter  (Read 14365 times)
Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:35:21 PM »

Bounty Hunt
ONLINE Multiplayer Arena fighter

Pixel Art Live Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hahayeahdude

Hey guys, very early post here.

ONLINE Multiplayer Arena fighter (Server hosted games, which are much safer, secure, and bandwidth reliable)

The premise of this game is to fight and collect money. Multiple game modes, FFA, capture the flag, king of the hill, etc..

There will be many different abilities, including mage/priest/cc type spells. All depending on character/weapon type. Extremely easy to pick up, but fast twitch skill is required..

-- I'll be creating a few different biomes, island/jungle/mountain/space/city/ice etc -- There will be boss fights and mobs, where you fight for more gold and gems, and rare drops. You will be able to pick up items that have their own special features like shooting projectiles, gold magnets, better swords, movement boosts, shields, etc..

Trading, chatting, and other MMO type functions will also be incorporated. Everything will be ultra minimal/compact to make the game easier to navigate.

Also the game is ONLINE...Something many people have been wanting from Tower Fall, Samurai Gunn, Crawl, and others like it.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/combatcats or @combatcats

Still working out a lot of details..

Here are the pictures of some sprites (zoomed in 2x)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:32:59 AM by Wooden Chair » Logged

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:56:33 PM »

Nice art, boring concept.
Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »

Nice art, boring concept.

I edited my post a little, I think I explained it poorly the first time. Hopefully the gif helps with the new description. But if this still sounds boring, I'd like to know.  Gentleman
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:45:17 PM by Wooden Chair » Logged

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »

Kindof like the 2nd idea more.  Maybe combine the ideas with a single player mode where you fight AI opponents for gold.
Callan
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:56:22 PM »

Hi there, all.

I'm the programmer on this project. I've recently been working on a basic prototype of what the iOS/Android game could potentially look and feel like. Here's a short animation of the parallax background and procedural level generation I've been working on.

atmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 10:04:41 PM »

Looks cool. I really like the colors and the art as a whole.

Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »

Possible ideas to make the arenas interesting:

Traps:
A player can set a trap. The trap can then only be triggered by other players.
It wouldn't be a hidden trap and everyone would see it so it would have to be something difficult to avoid or relatively easy to force other players into. A player would have an advantage if the arena became more dangerous and harder to maneuver through for other players.
I guess you could then have a random timer that would reset the trap after being triggered or maybe it wouldn't even reset. This would hopefully discourage players from just waiting around for them to reset.
There may also be randomly placed traps that are very hard to spot. Dangerous for all players.

Dangerous wildlife/natives/weather
Could be located in certain parts of the map. examples:
Gorilla might guard an area. The area would have an inner radius boundary which would trigger the gorilla to chase and attack. The outer radius would be as far as he'd chase you or anyone else until he returns to the inner radius. You could do this with all kinds of animals with different skills. Players could push each other into these danger zones or you might take a risk in order to collect some booty.

For a beach level, a shark might come and eat you if you've been forced into the water for long enough.

Cliffs might allow for players to be pushed off the edges or have exposed windy areas that slowly force your character in a certain direction.

Pushing players into these kinds of things (including the traps) can be a lot of fun. I guess pushing would mean they either chase you or you get knocked back each time you block an attack.

Would the players loose coins/booty every time they die?

With enough variation in the gameplay it could definitely become a fun game. If you're looking for some music, feel free to check out my stuff and contact me. I'll be free to work on a few more projects in a month or two.

All the best!

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:23 AM »

Multiplayer.

One player runs around, fighting monsters, collecting loot and having some booty, and one other player is an entity that zaps the monsters with lightning, creates holes in the ground for them to fall through, messes with the climate...

And an arena fighter to boot.

Single Player
Grind fest extravaganza, with high difficulty level in search of greater treasure.

Also great art, by the way.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Yeah.
Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 06:46:57 AM »

Possible ideas to make the arenas interesting:

Traps: "...."

Dangerous wildlife/natives/weather "...."

"..Cliffs might allow for players to be pushed off the edges..."

Would the players loose coins/booty every time they die?

Traps, I have been working out some stuff on paper regarding traps.. So I'm glad you said this. -- I like your suggestions, I will definitely be taking them into account. (Including the wildlife/weather etc.)

As far as falling off the edge, I don't think this will be happening right now. Mainly because of how the pre-alpha feels. As fast paced as this game already is, it would be entirely too easy to accidently fall off. I think it could become overly frustrating. I'm not opposed to the idea, but it will take a lot of time to make that a pleasant addition. Maybe after more of the art/basic framework for the game is completed we will reapproach that.

yes when you die, you lose coins/booty. You can also be worth more if you are on kill streaks, or take part of certain mini events (like killing a small boss/mob).. You will at times earn a bounty on your head, where you are worth quite a bit more. This should encourage players who are falling behind in score to team up for a moment to try and regain some of their financial status. -- Because rounds are not won based on kill count, people will really be doing anything they can to get some booty. (tee hee)

Multiplayer.

One player runs around, fighting monsters, collecting loot and having some booty, and one other player is an entity that zaps the monsters with lightning, creates holes in the ground for them to fall through, messes with the climate...

Also great art, by the way.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

Very interesting concept, this is an idea I will discuss with my partner. I have wanted a multiplayer dimanic that is more than 1 ability like (towerfall, samurai gunn).. Even though those games are amazing, I feel that having multiple characters with different abilities could encourage more teamwork/strategy.

Thank you both for your great suggestions and kind words.

retrostark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »

The art and animations are incredible in this game  Gomez

Toast LeftWizardHand Metal Left
kcbanner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 09:29:08 AM »

Awesome art and animaitons!

Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 01:46:36 PM »

What if you can't run off a cliff but you can be pushed off. That might mean you can fall off if you're facing away from it.

Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »

Looks cool. I really like the colors and the art as a whole.
Danke!   Beer!
The art and animations are incredible in this game  Gomez
Thank you!  Gentleman
Awesome art and animaitons!
Muchas Gracias!  Coffee
What if you can't run off a cliff but you can be pushed off. That might mean you can fall off if you're facing away from it.
Thank you all guys! -- Interesting idea with the cliff, if we do end up allowing you to fall off, I think being pushed would be the best method. The problem is with height in the game. Unlike Smash Bro's/Tower Fall/Samurai Gunn where you can jump back onto the level if you fall, you wouldn't really be able to do that in this game since it's top down. Also falling off certain spots might look really strange due to angles. I'm always open to hear suggestions from the community though..Right now we're kind of avoiding the edge like the plague because there doesn't seem to be a way to do it gracefully like in a side view game. Once again though, any ideas are always welcome and encouraged.

Minion Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »

The game looks fun and really well done! Our current project is a pirate game too, so I might be a little biased, lol. The art is really great and the tiny characters promote the large scale of the levels. Good colors and I like the animations so far... I'll be watching this one.
yaomon17
Level 1

https://twitter.com/YaomonKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 05:41:50 PM »

What about when you reach the edge and your character is pushed, you can be prompted with command to press a button on time as you are pushed and you can negate the push to add some counterplay.

Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »

What about when you reach the edge and your character is pushed, you can be prompted with command to press a button on time as you are pushed and you can negate the push to add some counterplay.

Interesting idea, I will definitely write this down in the collection of thoughts.. Since it is one hit death right now I think the pushing could definitely work if you attack at the same time and deflect each others blows..maybe a slight knock back to each player.

Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »

Some new map stuff.. All of the sections will line up perfectly with other sections in their biome. Therefore we can randomly generate chunks to have unique levels every time.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:41:46 PM by Wooden Chair » Logged

Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 04:43:10 PM »

More biomes/zones.. Programmers are getting a lot of great stuff done. I'm sure they will stop in soon to say a little something. I will have a lot more art to show in the next week or so.

WORK IN PROGRESS ART
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:55:44 PM by Wooden Chair » Logged

Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »

Please please please keep the name Booty Madness. I can't stop giggling.
Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 05:25:34 PM »

Some teaser art for the newest area. In various stages of development.. VERY VERY WIP!!

I also wanted to let everyone know that the programmer (Jatz) has been live streaming while he codes for a while now. http://www.twitch.tv/imperim

I also started streaming pixel art development for the game, http://www.twitch.tv/hahayeahdude

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic