Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:03:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[UPDATED 1.0.3] Saving Alley Cats - simple-silly-swift-swiper (for Android)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [UPDATED 1.0.3] Saving Alley Cats - simple-silly-swift-swiper (for Android)  (Read 844 times)
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: April 16, 2014, 04:47:53 AM »

Hello, fellow TIGgers!

I'd like to show you a simple, silly Android game I've created last weekend. It's called Saving Alley Cats and it's about... well, saving cats!

You control a little guy at the bottom of the screen and have to catch the ever-increasing hordes of poor felines that were careless enough to slip off the windowsill.

The graphics were made by me some time ago and the music has been provided by a good friend of mine. As a matter of fact, I've used this theme before, in my old game, Mail Sorter (which happens to be a predecessor of Saving Alley Cats).

Now, some technicals. The game is written in Haxe, on top of HaxeFlixel, and uses OpenFL to target Android platform. Using Haxe/OpenFL means it can be deployed also on Flash, iOS and other platforms but I'm focusing on Android right now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:01:26 AM by goshki » Logged

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:39:21 AM »

Aaaaaand it's live on Google Play!

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 02:59:17 AM »

I've just updated the game and the new version is live on Google Play.

Now you can submit your best score to a Google Play leaderboard but only if you get at least 100 points (you didn’t think it’d be that easy, did you?).

Apart from that, the UI has been reorganized a little bit and now - instead of tapping anywhere - there are buttons on the menu and game summary screens. Also, to improve performance on weaker devices, the sounds are now cached during initialization.

Oh, and the player got some moves! No more Nr. Stiff. ;-)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic