Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:54:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsBalding's Quest (Moderator: BMcC)Balding's Quest: Milestone 3 Development
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Author Topic: Balding's Quest: Milestone 3 Development  (Read 94986 times)
Jotaf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

If there are any improvements to the editor coming up in the short term, I'd probably hold off the compo until then -- nothing worse than railing up people's expectations and then making them realize it's not that easy, it could do more harm than good.

I think just a better way to select tiles is what could make this into a great editor, no need for any external editors! And then bring on the compo Evil Beer!
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2011, 02:31:04 AM »

[...] railing up people's expectations and then making them realize it's not that easy [..]

I've been meaning to say sorry about this, I hadn't realised the default editor was so fiddly when I got carried away  Embarrassed
Jotaf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2011, 08:32:33 PM »

Actually, it's very easy to get used to the rest of the editor, except for that tiny detail I mentioned Shrug I'm starting with an existing map and copying relevant parts to one area of the map, so I can use it as a sort of "palette" and copy by right-clicking. But it's not exactly an optimal solution Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic