Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:42:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsBalding's Quest (Moderator: BMcC)Balding's Quest: Milestone 3 Development
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Balding's Quest: Milestone 3 Development  (Read 94536 times)
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »

Hm. Yeah, I just downloaded the newest build and it's no longer working for me either! The only difference I found is that "lift01" is named "lift" now, but fixing my map to accommodate didn't help. Sad

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »

I think he said he made it so you can put lift_left and lift_right to designate which direction they're facing now. Maybe you could try putting _left or _right on the end and see if that works?

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 12:59:13 PM »

Nevermind, I did it right the first time. I was just testing it with the wrong build (I had two windows up with the old one and the new one, just got them mixed up. Deleting the old one now Tongue). It SHOULD work now:

Ride The Robots
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:13:19 PM by Mr. Yes » Logged

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »

Now the download's not working at all? Concerned

Anyway I made another one called "The Labyrinth"

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »

Try the link again; I copied the wrong URL I guess.

Also, awesome map.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »

Found a bug. I was climbing a ladder and went down until I was practically standing on the head of a robot. I moved along with the robot even though I was technically still climbing.

Not really a bug -- just something missing from Guy's script.  I'll put it in posthaste. Wizard

@The Map-Makers: Wow, so many maps!  I'll play them all tonight.  I'm a bit under the weather, but I'm feeling better than yesterday, so I'm going to push forward toward 1.1.

Before I frontpage this, I'd like to have it updated to a certain degree.  I think the generalized objects and basic map screen are the biggest priorities.  (Though, expanded Guy abilities wouldn't hurt!)  That way, map makers with NO scripting/logic/code experience could modify the Main Objects to fit their maps, it'd be easier to add/edit objects in the future, and the public would have some semblance of a "game" to play.

Yeah?

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2008, 07:26:02 PM »

some animations i did today for this:
increpare
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2008, 08:25:22 PM »

Cooool, though his left foot glitches out a bit in the third one for a frame? (maybe it's just a gif artifact though...)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2008, 09:42:04 PM »

Nice, Annabelle. So jiggly!

Another level:
Buzzkill.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2008, 10:05:08 PM »

Another level:
Buzzkill.
You sir are a map-making machine.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2008, 12:03:40 AM »

Perfect, thank you! Hand Metal Right

It must be the .gif thing in increpare's browser, cuz they look just right in-game!

Another level:
Buzzkill.
Savage.  I've beaten all the most recent maps, but NOT THIS ONE... yet. Noir

Great stuff, y'all!  I'm writing my To Do list for the public release now.  I think the Generalized Objects would help map-makers the most, definitely.

mike
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 04:29:09 AM »

Great stuff, y'all!  I'm writing my To Do list for the public release now.  I think the Generalized Objects would help map-makers the most, definitely.

Created a new "generalized" object.
I don't mind anyone modifying this, as the animation for it is a quick and dirty one.  Embarrassed
I've called it "fallsoft" since I can't think of a better name, but basically, you won't get hurt when you fall large distances. Not sure how useful it will be, but I think I recall someone requesting it recently.  Cool
Anyway, here it is:

fallsoft2.zip

Files in the archive are:
Code:
Animations/Item_FallSoft.bqANIM
Maps/BootCamp.bqMAP   <-- modified version of BootCamp with the new object included.
Scripts/Guy.lua
Scripts/INCLUDE_Objects.lua
Scripts/Item_FallSoft.lua
Sprites/Item_FallSoft.bmp    <-- Please somebody make a good version of this :-p

Edit: Oh, I forgot to include the animation file! And I couldn't get the in game animation editor to work. So I'm not sure if the animation file is 100%.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:45:30 AM by mike » Logged
mike
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2008, 04:53:03 AM »

Another level:
Buzzkill.

Wow, that map is devilish! I've tried several approaches and I still can't beat it. Good show, sir!  Gentleman
Corpus
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2008, 05:08:53 AM »

Guys, you seriously need to start posting screenshots of your maps so I can work out whether or not I want to download them  Hand Thumbs Down LeftHand Thumbs Down LeftAngry
mike
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2008, 05:41:37 AM »

Guys, you seriously need to start posting screenshots of your maps so I can work out whether or not I want to download them  Hand Thumbs Down LeftHand Thumbs Down LeftAngry

I probably missed one or two. Sorry.  Wizard
Corpus
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 05:48:15 AM »

Thanks, luvvie
 Kiss
    Hand Shake Right
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 06:00:47 AM »

Wow, it's neat seeing them lined up like that!  I don't think I'm fully realizing how awesome it is that people are actually creating maps for BQ after all this time.  (And such cool maps, at that!) Tears of Joy

Mike!  Please please don't edit Guy or Include Objects -- that's a one way ticket to instability and me accidentally overwriting the work I've done!  As a rule, I think standard maps/objects/stuff should be left alone, unless they're heavily modified (and released under a different file name).

But that's not to say I don't appreciate it!  I'll do what I can to incorporate that (there are actually plans for an Umbrella item).  It's great to see someone working with the scripts, too.  You know, you could use your talents to create some pretty exciting new enemies...

P.S. Nice animation. Wink

P.P.S. Wait, how wasn't the Animation Editor working? Shocked

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 09:10:19 AM »

Yeah, that is freakin' awesome, mike.  I love The Labyrinth, Xion!  Both the map and the movie. Blink

Are these maps getting added to the official builds, or do we need some sort of map archive thread?
Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »

I started some work on a new editor for Balding's Quest today, two hours into the project and I'm already having a lot of fun!

Tis the beginning of something  Smiley

BMcC, I wasn't 100% sure if you meant for me to append/work on the current editor or to make an external editor. I sort of opted to make an external editor, which is what I've done here. If that's cool with you, I can keep going on with the project, and hopefully get the basics done in a few more days.

I like turtles.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2008, 10:26:02 AM »

This game's awesomeness is increasing exponentially. I see a future where there will so many maps and objects that each level is going to be a completely different experience.

It would also be rad to have an in-game level/object/script browser, kind of like Sporepedia. There could be monthly competition, rating systems, awards and so much more.

Maybe that's dreaming too much, but it's got the potential. Kiss
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic