Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 02:50:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJed (Released! Linux port and all!)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Jed (Released! Linux port and all!)  (Read 27406 times)
Flash Gordon
Level 0

Dude that's so sick!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »

I'm sharing my love for this game in the form of a speedrun video (Just stages 9 and 10 to go). I've gone through at least 300 takes just to top my old records.

A sneak peek:

It'll be lower once I finish those last two levels.
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »

I'm sharing my love for this game in the form of a speedrun video (Just stages 9 and 10 to go). I've gone through at least 300 takes just to top my old records.

It'll be lower once I finish those last two levels.

Oh, wow.  I'm really very impressed.  I remember getting my total time around that low, but that was including work on all levels.  Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished thing.

I think I'll have to see if I've got my best times recorded anywhere sensible/see if I can beat them.

Cheers  Coffee

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »

cool game!  Coffee I like the overall concept and game mechanics. Sound is pretty nice too.

Floaty jumping seems alright, but like someone mentioned before, I would like to see the option to have a different key for jumping, using the up key is a bit awkward.

Also, I think the background layer stands out too much, I keep getting confused when I see enemies and platforms in the background because they are too contrasted, maybe using a color that's similar (but still different enough to be seen) from the background color would help.

That's all, good work, congratulations!

Flash Gordon
Level 0

Dude that's so sick!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »

Here's the video:

Shortly after I uploaded that I played a bit more and made some "duh" discoveries.

But that's for v2.
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 02:48:09 AM »

Wow, very impressive stuff!  Was really great to see some of the more advanced tricks I'd anticipated found, and better yet to see some interesting abuses of my platformer physics.

Huge props, and a big thanks for sharing it.

shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »

Wow, amazing times there Flash! There's a huge shortcut on level 9 that you're missing, though - at the start, when you go up and right to the pit where the baby is, you can actually jump over that pit and fall down one of the gaps there, avoiding the need to go back and past all the robots. This should probably cut about 20+ seconds from your time so I'm guessing you can probably achieve a total in the 5:30-5:40 region. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic