Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:01:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWarsoul CCG - Customize Each Card In Your Deck [EARLY ALPHA]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warsoul CCG - Customize Each Card In Your Deck [EARLY ALPHA]  (Read 448 times)
helgravis
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »

Hi,

So I'm trying getting back into indie game development for reals this time (previously stopped working on an old game I was working on, but I want to get serious this time). My latest project is a card game called Warsoul CCG:

You can play the web version of the game from the link below. The game does require players to sign up, but you can just register with a dummy email (the game doesn't verify emails atm). Note, this is a very early prototype, so bugs may show up and you may see crappy/non-existent card art here and there. It is running in Adobe Flash:

http://game-warofchaos.rhcloud.com

What makes Warsoul different from other card games (or at least what I'm trying to do) is that each card can be embedded with runes that alter their stats. You can even form runewords that give them additional skills. This way, it's possible for you to have two same cards of the same name, but with different stats and skills.

I'm also trying to make sure that the gameplay is very balanced, so you can't just spam your entire deck with really rare cards. Rarer cards tend to require more command points, and you have a max limit of command points in your deck. This way, even weak common cards can still be useful in some way.

Anyways, I'm looking for feedback, mostly on the gameplay. There are over 50+ card skills in game, but I'm pretty much the only person who knows about them, so I would like to have a second opinion if the gameplay stays true to what I originally intended: balanced and strategic.

Thank you for taking time to read this, and I hope to hear some feedback from you.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:26:45 PM by helgravis » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic