Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:28:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessDid you / would you use crowdfunding promotion services?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Did you / would you use crowdfunding promotion services?  (Read 897 times)
ImagineMartin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:00:30 AM »

Hi,
did anyone here use crwodfunding promotion services like CrowdFund Buzz?

I am aksing because we are currently doing a crowdfunding on IndieGoGo and tried hard to promote it on our own. Right now we have 11 days left and reached 33% of the 10,000$ goal. We would like to see if a promotion pro can change this.

It would be great to hear which service you have used (or seen in action) and how it worked.

Martin

@SeriousMartin | Crowdfunding: http://igg.me/at/imagineearth
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 02:18:34 PM »

I was going to do a kickstarter before we got greenlit.
But once we got greenlit we quickly went on sale through early-access which got us enough money to continue developing.

If we run out of money again and need funding I would probably try Kickstarter

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »

I suppose the important thing to ask is how much would they charge you?  Considering all you need is roughly 7k to make your goal, it may be worth it to spend for PR if it's cheap enough.

This dude added me on Twitter a while back and it seems he's a PR for indies.  I don't vouch for him as I don't know him at all, but maybe you can send him an inquiry and see if you can get a proposal at least.

http://prhound.co.uk/

anthnich
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »

I plan on launching a Kickstarter soon to cover some immediate admin costs of development of my current game. I've followed a lot of KS campaigns and pretty much 2 things seem to be a constant for having a successful campaign:

1. Have a fanbase/be willing to cultivate one. Doesn't have to be huge, but people have to know about your game before you launch. And, before/once you launch, you have to spend alot of time spreading awareness. A person can't launch a project that no one knows about and then do no work and expect to reach their goal.

2. Have a realistic funding goal. The amount of tiny games asking > $10,000 is staggering. The more involved you are, the more passionate and descriptive about your game, and the more realistic and transparent you are with your budget, the better off you'll be.

And the goal: Sure, everyone (who is gainful employed) would would love to quit their jobs and work on their game full time, but it's going to be hard to get people to fork money over so you can live your dream.

I'm definitely no KS pro, these are just my observations.

Turnover @ Steam
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic