Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:09:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVeryDoge
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: VeryDoge  (Read 2435 times)
Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2014, 12:24:59 PM »

I would like to ask for feedback about our game:

http://verydoge.net/

How do you like the game-play? How would you modify it to make the game better?
What hardware you have and how VeryDoge perform on it?

We've used HaxeFlixel to develop it, so there are also iOS and Android versions available.

Edit: some spell checking and improvements.
Update: We added bonuses and upgrades to the game.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:48:06 AM by Netforza » Logged
cliffclavin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:08:59 AM »

Not a fan of doge at all.  Games fine I guess, I think it could stand as a better mobile game without doge.
Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:46:56 AM »

Not a fan of doge at all.  Games fine I guess, I think it could stand as a better mobile game without doge.

With whom would you prefer to play with instead of doge?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:31:20 AM by Netforza » Logged
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:32:45 AM »

I rather like it! I guess the Doge meme isn't for everyone, but I thought the language playful and quitable.

Tested it with my Browser (new Macbook Air) and it runs very smoothly.

Found the keyboard controls a bit irksome as I have to tap two buttons instead of one (ie: UP+LEFT, BOTTOM+RIGHT, BOTTOM+LEFT, UP+RIGHT)

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
FishFace
Level 0

Glub glub!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »

I'm also not a fan of Doge :/

The core mechanic seems a little simplistic with some upgrading/grinding system laid over the top. Maybe that's OK for a little browser/mobile game though. Some of the menu graphics seemed a little cheap looking - I'm not sure how else to describe it, but perhaps a little blurry, or with a overly obvious gradients? Otherwise the graphics were decent.

It slowed down a bit for me on Linux.

Glub glub!
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 09:16:54 PM »

I'm not entirely sure why you'd make a game based on a meme, but ok.

I thought it played pretty well. I didn't have any issues with the controls. In contrast to oodavid, I was never pressing the buttons at the same time so it wasn't a problem.

I like how the Doge looks. His "arms" blend nicely with his body no matter what position he's in, so that's good.

I found the interface pretty straightforward and easy to understand. One little "issue" is that the symbols on the pause menu don't line up with the buttons below them.

It's a very simplistic game, but a lot of people like simplistic games so that's not necessarily a bad thing. I do think the gameplay is a bit uneven, though. It gets faster and faster, finally becomes a challenge and then...gets slow again. It felt like it should be an endurance race. It should get incredibly fast and then I should just have to try desperately to last as long as I can at that speed.

Anyway, overall I think it's pretty decent for what it is.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:11:42 AM »

Thank you for your replies.
We have keys like a, z, k, m and 7,1,9,3 on numeric keypad to allow Doge movement with one key.

By the way, we're working on adding costumes to Doge, what costumes do you think will be fun to play with?
Rhatos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 09:02:15 AM »

Thank you for your replies.
We have keys like a, z, k, m and 7,1,9,3 on numeric keypad to allow Doge movement with one key.

By the way, we're working on adding costumes to Doge, what costumes do you think will be fun to play with?

First off this game is amazing thanks for making it! :D Anyway you should add a very bee much bumble costume  Grin
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:37:06 AM by shiny21 » Logged

dynamite-ready
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 01:16:53 AM »

MUCH FUN

MUCH IMMEDIACY        

SUCH SIMPLICITY

MUCH PLAY

Seriously though, I like it. It's real simple to get into and play, and the animation's quite funny. :]
Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 12:16:55 PM »

I would like to notify that we've added costumes to the game, and would like your feedback on them. Thank you Smiley
BraveLoner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »

Haha! Much Wow! Smiley
Love the concept.
I think the first level of difficulty is too slow, this could put some people off.
But really 750 000 for a pirate scarf? What is it made of? Gold?
Lets suppose on average I can get 1 coin per second.. I have to play the game 208 hours just to buy the scarf.
Do you expect anyone to do it, just to see the Doge in a pirate scarf?

Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 11:49:20 AM »

Haha! Much Wow! Smiley
Love the concept.
I think the first level of difficulty is too slow, this could put some people off.
It quickly becomes faster and second level starts fast enough. We made it slow because it was the comfortable speed for a lot of people.
But really 750 000 for a pirate scarf? What is it made of? Gold?
Lets suppose on average I can get 1 coin per second.. I have to play the game 208 hours just to buy the scarf.
Do you expect anyone to do it, just to see the Doge in a pirate scarf?
With upgrades you can make much more coins than 1 per second. Also this scarf is not just for fun, it adds in-game bonuses. And what prices you would propose for clothes? We can adjust them.

BraveLoner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 02:40:38 AM »

It seems that you have a serious bug. The game shows a black screen and nothing more.
This started to happen after I purchased my first doge cloth "Blue Bow of Baldness".
Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »

It seems that you have a serious bug. The game shows a black screen and nothing more.
This started to happen after I purchased my first doge cloth "Blue Bow of Baldness".

We have fixed the bug, thank you for reporting it. It was reproducible only on flash target.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic