Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:22:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsInner City Kids - A hip hop turn based strategy game! (Vita, PC, Mac)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Inner City Kids - A hip hop turn based strategy game! (Vita, PC, Mac)  (Read 2826 times)
Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »

Inner City Kids is an urban street culture themed turn based strategy game that follows a group of kids who, upon discovering that the city's adults are being kidnapped and replaced by robots every evening, team up to fight for their city.Explore the city and discover dangerous robot facilities deep underground.

Use the robots' own technology against them with a unique modular weapons system, giving thousands of different weapons and strategies.

Collect different modules and weapon frames, then build your own guns, swords, or whatever you can invent to equip your team, then head out to protect your city!

IndieDB - http://www.indiedb.com/games/inner-city-kids

-----------------

I will be posting new screens, info about the game and a devlog on here, so please do follow the thread so that you get the updates!

Control a team of kids with stolen robot weaponry, in turn based combat similar to Fire Emblem or X Com.

Collect modules to build your own weapons. With around one million different weapons planned, you will have a million different strategies to play with! Create any weapon that you can come up with with the unique weapon system.

Discover robot facilities deep underground!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:58:26 AM by Jamo » Logged

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »

Sorry that the images don't fit... I'll make some smaller ones when I get a spare few minutes!

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:46:43 AM »

To make the images smaller just try
Code:
[img width=123]http://www.place.com/source.gif[/img]

You can use height=### as well.

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 11:26:17 AM »

To make the images smaller just try
Code:
[img width=123]http://www.place.com/source.gif[/img]

You can use height=### as well.

Thanks so much!

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 09:57:15 PM »

With a lot of the concept art that I produced for ICK, a problem that I noticed is that the player units or enemies are blocked out by walls or obstacles, and I really wanted to find a way to give people a full view of the battlefield.

To make that happen, I have developed a way of letting the player spin the camera 90 degrees, but while still seeing crisp pixel art. This lets you see a full view of the battlefield no matter what is going on!

Check out the screenshots below. They are all of the exact same screen, rotated in game to show the different angles.

Also note the new lighting system that I have been working on!

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 11:43:19 PM »

Here are some of the enemies that I have been working on!

beeglebug
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »

That's some tasty pixel work on those enemies. Do you have any animations done yet? I'd love to see some in motion.

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »

That's some tasty pixel work on those enemies. Do you have any animations done yet? I'd love to see some in motion.

Thanks! I don't yet, but I'll be working on them really soon. For now I have been trying to get the game mechanics in place, but unfortunately that means that I don't have too much to show

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 08:20:50 AM »

Here is a new enemy, the scanner. If he spots you then he will give away your position, so hide behind obstacles if you can, or your friends if not!

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »

I dig it.

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »

I dig it.

I'm glad you like it! I'm trying to keep posting updates as often as I can, so there should be some more stuff soon

Jamo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:56 AM »

I'm super excited to announce that Inner City Kids is now in development for PlayStation Vita!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic