Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:05:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDeadstone: 2D Shooter/ Tower Defense (Windows)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Deadstone: 2D Shooter/ Tower Defense (Windows)  (Read 1009 times)
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2014, 01:48:18 PM »

Hi all,

Thought I would drop in to mention my upcoming PC/Mac game, Deadstone. I’ve used Unity for development, and have been working on it for almost 17 months, as close to non-stop as you can get without falling in.

In a nutshell, Deadstone is a combination of fast paced 2D combat and tower defense, backed by elements of resource management and an in-depth character development system.

I’ve recently released a trailer

, if you are interested in taking a look. Would love to hear what you think.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:36:46 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

Ronsho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:02:05 AM »

Hi,
That's impressive for 17 months solo development!  My only suggestion would be to talk about the more interesting mechanics earlier in the video, since some people might not make it to the 40 second mark.
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:10:59 AM »

Thanks Ronsho, you make a good point re introducing features earlier. Will look into re-cutting the trailer.

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 07:54:35 AM »

Hi all,

Hope you are well. I've updated the windows demo of Deadstone on Indie DB, if anyone would like to try it out. It features the first 10 or so levels, and you can play co-op. You can find it http://www.indiedb.com/games/deadstone/downloads/deadstone-demo. I'd be curious to know what you think!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:03:30 AM by TimeSlip » Logged

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:31:36 PM »

Released Deadstone a few days ago. Release time is like an assault course for the mind. It's pretty tough.

I didn't get the chance to work on the code for several weeks, as I was wary of the risk of introducing errors into the release version, and it was fun to start developing after a few weeks, although was a little surprised about how much familiarity with the code I'd lost.

Any else care to share their experiences of releasing a game?

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 06:26:31 AM »

I've just provided the first update to Deadstone, which adds a beta implementation of a new game mode: Survival. The update also adds 2 new arena terrains, 2 new perks, and a number of other improvements and fixes.

To herald in the new update, Deadstone is now 15% off, when bought direct or through one of our distributors!

For more information on what the update provides, please check out http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/259480653/45350791909916637/

I've gone through the dozen or so reviews and previews to date, picking out the most commonly mentioned issues, and this will form the basis of the second update.

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »

Eek, have been meaning to drop in and post an update for a while.

There have been 2 additional updates to Deadstone. Update 2 focuses on tweaking aspects of the gameplay, such as doubling the number of enemies, increasing movement speed of enemies and player, rebalancing weapons. As a result, the gameplay is considerably more frantic.

Update 3 brought survival mode from a beta feature to a fully fledged game mode, which is distinct from the campaign. Now, rather than starting off with the same amount of resources, you gain additional starting resources based on your performance. Dying has never been so much fun! A number of structures now liven up the campaign map; these become more damaged over time, and react to the environment. Finally, an additional 10 perks have been added, bringing the total to 59.

A new demo has also been released, to reflect the updates. If you'd like to give it a go, you can find it here. I'd love to know what you think!

The facebook page is here, if you'd like to stop by and say hello!

TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 03:51:46 AM »

I recently made a fourth update to Deadstone. Additions include 6 new perks, a slippy survival arena, and enemy behaviours have been tweaked to make combat in survival mode more dynamic. Here's a link to the full patch notes on Steam, in case you'd like to find out what else has been added. Deadstone is also 33% off, for the next week.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic