Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:53:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallChromaticon [Rlyeh Industry]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chromaticon [Rlyeh Industry]  (Read 1057 times)
Anku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:15:19 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Anku from Rlyeh Industry and I'd like to present our first game we're currently working on called „Chromaticon” (name may change). It's a color matching game where you defend the core from waves of marbles. You control the shield by rotating your device (gyroscope) and tap the screen on various situations to, for example, use a helpful ability. If everything goes as planned the game will launch next month (June) as a universal app for iOS.

The first video we made shows a bit of the gameplay from the "Classic Mode", which focuses on the puzzle aspect of the game (the color combinations are more complex and the marbles are a bit slow, giving the player more time to align the shield). For those who prefer a dynamic gameplay we prepared the „Arcade Mode” (video coming soon). As this is still a beta version I want to point out that the sounds in the video are "placeholders" and we are stil working on the soundtrack:

The second video presents the upgrades and achievements interface. In Chromaticon you earn upgrade points by completing the achievements (each level grants one point). Those points are used to buy modules and extensions. Modules are inactive until you equip them in any of the core slots. Extensions are always active – you just need to buy them. All the upgrades are grouped in 5 tiers and each tier can be unlocked by buying a fixed amount of upgrades form the previous one. Here's the video:

Thank you for watching. All comments are appreciated.

Cheers,
Anku

Anku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:28 PM »

Hello everyone!

Some of you might remember me - about 8 months ago I posted here about my team's debut game called Chromaticon. Sadly, the work on th game had to be halted, but recently we came back to the project and now we need some helpful people to test our game.

About Chromaticon:
Chromaticon is a fast-paced color matching game that will test your perception and reflexes.
 • Protect the Core from being hit by colorful marbles by intercepting them with the Shield.
 • Rotate the Shield by tilting your device to match colors of incoming marbles.
 • Mismatched marbles will deplete shield segment’s durability and eventually may destroy it exposing the Core.
 • Use Core Burst to repair the Shield or create a pulse to destroy marbles when you’re in peril.
 • Correctly catch Charged Marbles to obtain power-ups and use them to your advantage.
 • Beware of Viruses which cause distracting effects!
 • Complete achievements to gain Upgrade Points that can be exchanged for Core Upgrades. Each achievement is rewarded!
 • Core Upgrades provide permanent perks that increase your chance of success.
 • Try to beat each stage with perfect accuracy to obtain gold rating.

Here's the most recent video of the Chromaticon gameplay:

Testing:

The game has been heavily tested by me and my team, so you shouldn't encounter any major bugs (although if you do, please let us know:)). The most important thing that need to be tested is the gameplay itself (controls sensitivity, difficulty curve, hud, tutorial etc.). We also would like to hear you opinion about the sounds/music. To be able to test the game you need TestFlight app and iOS 8. If you are interested please sign up here:

http://www.rlyehindustry.com/apps/chromaticon/beta/

Cheers,
Anku

Anku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »

Hey again,

I came by to say that the beta tests have begun. If anyone is interested in participating we still accept new testers. You can sign up here:

Cheers,
Anku

Anku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 08:48:44 AM »

Hello everyone,

As the beta tests are underway, we've decided to prepare a new video. This time we're showing the power-ups (Utilities) with a short description explaining their functionality.

The beta tests are still open to new testers, so if anyone is interested please sign up here:

And here's the promised video:

Cheers,
Anku

Anku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:22:17 AM »

Hi guys,

First of all I want to thank everyone who participated in our beta tests. You did a great job and we really appreciate it. After some bug fixing and crunching the numbers to adjust the difficulty, the game is finally ready to be released.

Chromaticon will launch on the App Store on 19.03.2015 and will cost 1.99$.

If you'd like to stay tuned, follow us on twitter:
https://twitter.com/rlyehindustry

Cheers,
Anku

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic