Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:02:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Nameless Inheritance
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Nameless Inheritance  (Read 1195 times)
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:45:28 AM »

A Nameless Inheritance

Download: Link - 23MB. Windows exe, zip file.

A Nameless Inheritance is a survival horror game I've been working on for quite a while, the gameplay is heavily inspired by games like Flashback, Another World, 1213 and such, though also combining combat and puzzle solving elements from classic survival horror games of the PS1 era. Story heavily influenced by works of Lovecraft and Robert E Howard. This demo of the game contains a story that isn't part of the main game, but connected to it, as I wanted to have a demo that didn't include any spoilers to the main game's story, and wasn't just an out of context chunk of the main game. Demo is set 20 years before the main game, you play as a spelunker lost and injured in some caves, separated from her friends.

Except for myself, the writer and the guy doing the music, no one else has played it. So basically I just want to make sure this is running fine. My Ludum Dare games usually seem to run fine, but this is obviously a game with much bigger scale than previous games I have made.

You can customise the controls from the options screen. If you want to use a gamepad, make sure it is plugged in before the game starts as it won't register if you plug it in while the game is running. It has been tested with an Xbox controller, but should work with other devices, in theory, though you would probably have to go into options and change the button controls. The tutorial messages should change to reflect what you set the controls to.

The final game is pretty much done except for the writing, and any changes to the game that need to be made that the writer thinks of while finishing that up. Though the writing will probably take quite a while yet, as my writer is a lot busier these days than he was when he agreed to start this project years ago Smiley

Music by Mark Hadley

Enjoy :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic