Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:26:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFreudBot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FreudBot  (Read 2338 times)
coeing
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2014, 04:05:34 AM »

Welcome and thanks for having a look at our current project, a mobile game called FreudBot! It's a humorous game with a lot of crazy, but lovely characters presented in a cartoon style while the story is also told by comic strips from professional comic artists!

Story

You are Steve, a weak and mentally problematic supermarket employee. Steve’s days are no fun at all: His boss forces him to do overtime and weekend work, the youths in the subway make fun of him and now his girlfriend Samantha wants Steve to meet her parents! How should Steve overcome all this pressure?

Just in time Dr. FreudBot, a symphatic and brilliant robotic psychoanalyst, arrives to help Steve out of this misery! He will lead and teach Steve for the next 9 days, making him mentally stronger! On their journey they encounter many angry, nasty, weird or annoying opponents Steve has to face.

Will he finally be mentally strong enough to meet the parents of his girlfriend? And was FreudBot really send by Steves’s health insurance?

Gameplay
Dr. FreudBot discovered everything about bad vibes which are send by the opponents and teaches Steve his patented good vibes which can counter them. But of course Steve has to decide which vibe to play to keep his aggression, doubt and fear low till the end of the conflict.

While this may not be that difficult in the beginning, the challenges soon become harder with more time pressure and categories which have to match the one of the enemy vibe.

Don’t worry, FreudBot will explain every detail in his unique, ingenious and humourous manner. Just led him guide your way!

Development

We are a team of 2 programmers from Slash Games, the artists of the comic studio Buddelfisch and Corinna Ertl.

After some meetings in the end of 2013 where we discussed the idea, we started development in January this year. Our plan is to release the game on Android and Windows Store in July 2014. iOS will follow, but right now we don't have any devices to deploy/test it.

FreudBot is a very odd, but interesting fellow and it's really fun for us to work with him (he would say we work for him, but it's more a cooperation).

Status
We just released an Alpha version of our game to gather feedback from the community. So if you have an Android device and are interested how the story of Steve and FreudBot starts, help us by joining the Google+ community. From there you can start the alpha test and download the game from the Play Store.

The best way to follow FreudBot is on Facebook and Twitter though I will try to post the most important news here as well from now on Smiley

If you have any questions about the game or things to say about the graphic style, the gameplay and so on, feel free to post a comment!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:32:28 AM by coeing » Logged
coeing
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:35:11 AM »

I am making a small empiric survey to confirm my latest research results!

How do simple-minded people act under pressure? What do you do when you’re worrying about the future? When you’re frustrated? Jealous? When you’re having an identity crisis?

Do you ignore the problem? Listen to good music? Eat candy? Meditate? Tell me!

Design and create your own good vibe: Tell me what you prefer to do in stress situations, and whether you’re able to reduce your AGGRESSION, DOUBT or FEAR that way! Just post your trick in the comments below.

Among all comments before June 9, 2014, I will select three that I consider most … effective, and include them in my studies. These vibes will then be posted on my personal Facebook page, sharing them with beloved patients. The vibe with the most “Likes” by June 16 will win an amazing FreudBot fan shirt!

Now, go ahead, let the outstanding good vibe below inspire you and create your own one!

coeing
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:13:51 AM »

Hi there,

To give you a better impression of the game, I made a small gameplay video of the current status:

I would be very happy to get your feedback about it. Did you understand the gameplay immediately? Was it fun watching the game, did you have to laugh? What do you think about the look?

We are currently in the alpha stage, so there is some time left to make small adjustments, we just have to know! Smiley

Thanks in advance!
coeing
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:01:03 AM »

Time for a funny in-game screenshot on #screenshotsaturday!

Often it is a good tactic to breathe deeply to face bad vibes. Not in this case probably! Grin

coeing
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 06:53:55 AM »

Are you ready for the power of the Ultra Ego that FreudBot discovered recently? It beats Ego and Super Ego vibes with ease, but Id vibes are still a problem as his research isn't finished yet. Smiley #screenshotsaturday

coeing
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:32:14 AM »

It is done!

Under the direction of the wonderful and unique FreudBot, robotronic psychoanalyst, we’ve finished creating a single-player card game to guide all those who are not able to attend his sessions in person.

Face the challenges of everyday life in over 40 comic levels: Strange mothers, complicated girlfriends, dangerous youths, aggressive bosses and … your own Fear. Unleash the power of Id, Ego and Super-Ego, and finally the infamous FreudBot ULTRA-EGO, and handle over 100 bad vibes to beat fear, doubt and aggression once and for all! Can you take control again of your puny human existence?

FreudBot is available world-wide and for free at the Windows Store. The official Android release is scheduled for later this week.

The game has been fully localized in German and English. The languages Italian, Spanish and French will follow soon.

For more information, visit www.freudbot.net.

“Wait a second… Does my health insurance really reimburse me for this?” – Steve
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:51:09 AM by coeing » Logged
coeing
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »

Android users finally get a therapy, too!

FreudBot, our little robotronic psychoanalyst, put some more pressure on us and during the weekend his great game hit the Google Play store!

After the Windows Store version was released about one week ago we received much positive feedback, so we hope that the game will please many Android users now, too!

Be it a discussion with your boss why you are too late again, disrespectful offenses from teenagers in the subway or an inner fight with your own fear. All those conflicts come down to counter the bad vibes which are sent against you with FreudBots newly-discovered, patented good vibes!

In over 40 comic levels you will accompany Steve to become a mentally stable person who finally dares to meet his future parents-in-law. Hopefully you will learn your own lessons how to fight your aggression, doubt and fear and how the four powers of the id, ego, super-ego and ultra-ego work against each other. Can you take control again of your puny human existence?

The game has been fully localized in German and English. The languages Italian, Spanish and French will follow soon.

Furthermore we need your help to spread the word:
  • Tell your friends, family and strangers on the streets about FreudBot
  • Play the game yourself of course
  • Leave a rating and a review in the store, so other people will see how great the game is
  • If you know any press folks, tell them about the game, so they spread the word, too!

Thanks for all your support! We worked hard to get out the best game we could and now are very curious how it is received by the players!

For more information, visit www.freudbot.net and follow FreudBot on Twitter and Facebook.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic