Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:19:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-GamesB-game Competition!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Author Topic: B-game Competition!  (Read 139250 times)
tenth
Level 0

Keepin' it real(ly bad)

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2007, 07:33:19 PM »

I was hoping this would be a dramatic, last minute release announcement for "Prophecy Blade: Epic Destiny Quest Adventure", but sadly, due to a very late start, an overly ambitious scope of work, and a last minute emergency business trip killing most of this week, there's no way we'll be even close to done by the deadline.

But we've been having a lot of fun with it, and so Team PB:EDQA and I have resolved to see this turkey through to the end and release it in fully polished (er... tarnished?) form, to honor this most extremely awesome contest. (Probably sometime after the judging is over, to avoid drawing attention away from the official entries.)

I don't want to give too much away yet, suffice to say that if you still remember any of the action/rpg games from the Amiga or Sega Genesis, it'll be nostalgia-tastic!

...In a "repressed childhood trauma" kind of way.

Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2007, 06:09:38 AM »

Sounds awesome! Even if it can't make the competition no doubt It'll be a great game to see... or a B-Game that I'll repress the memories of and suddenly weepingly expulge the details to a psychiatrist in my 30's.

Good luck everyone! No extra points for bonus rounds involving urination, but it'll make me happy. And if you can read this, then you're procrastinating! So back to it!
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2007, 12:53:27 PM »

Hey, guys!  Just wanted to let you know that I've been gathering up all the entries, either through pm, e-mail, or from your game threads.  I am extremely impressed... YOU ALL ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF.  Be proud, dudes!

So, what's going to happen is that after tonight's deadline I'm going to start putting together the thread where you can vote for each particular game.  The first post will have screenshots and download links for each of the games (hosted by TIGSource and derekyu.com), along with a description of the game and a link to your game thread, if you made one.

The actual voting might not start for a few days, or it may start tomorrow.  I want to make sure that everyone's game is up and working before I start the poll.  Once the poll is up, anyone with a TIGSource account may vote for the game.  I've decided that everyone will get a maximum of 3 votes, so you can uber-vote a single game if you like, or spread them out as needed.

I'll frontpage the thread once the poll is up.  Entrants, feel free to send me any pertinent info (like a website link) or a personal description and I'll be happy to put it alongside your game!

Good luck!

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »

YOU ALL ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF.  Be proud, dudes!

You rock my socks off Derek! Thanks for coming up with such a great competition idea...I can't wait to see what the next comp is....

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2007, 05:22:14 PM »

You rock my socks off Derek! Thanks for coming up with such a great competition idea...I can't wait to see what the next comp is....

Really wasn't my idea.  I am just the facilitator.  But thanks. Wink
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2007, 05:25:28 PM »

Really wasn't my idea.  I am just the facilitator.  But thanks. Wink

Right on, it's cool, thanks to whoever's idea it was really...I really had a lot of fun...I just wish I had more time...damn college....I didn't get a chance to do even a quarter of what I wanted...but school is priority lol...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
raincoatduck
Level 0

I hate your quirky alt-country band

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

It was my idea.  Smiley

Sadly college got in the way of my entry, too.  Nothing says "Fuck your free time" like a twenty page paper.  Ah well, maybe Super Missionary Trainer Simulation Plus II will surface sometime later.
Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »

AGH I'm so god damn close to finishing. I might miss the deadline by minutes... seriously.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »

The entries so far have been much less crappy then I was expecting them to be (Honestly, looked like 'most everyone took it as "CRAP GAME compo" at first). GOOD JOB GUYS!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2007, 09:05:56 PM »

Is the deadline at midnight PST?

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »

I personally have no idea as it's already 01:34 on my end and the front page link has not changed, and no announcements or anything.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »

It's 12:30 PST right now.  Just get your entries in ASAP! Wink
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2007, 12:09:57 AM »

In other words, I'm not extending the deadline, but if you get your entries in before I go to bed, you will still be eligible.
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2007, 04:51:45 AM »

Whoo! I think I made it last night but I'm not really sure!
Good luck to everyone entering, this contest has been incredible!
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2007, 06:27:30 AM »

Congratulations to everyone who made a sweet game!!  I also was surprised by the number of just plain legit, awesome entries!

cup full of magic charisma
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »

Yeah, awesome job everyone! I am so glad I joined this forum.....you guys kick ass!

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2007, 01:02:25 PM »

Good job to all those who emtered! I truly envy you!
I'm looking forward to try them all out! Smiley

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »

I wasn't doing anything else today, so I downloaded and played all the entries that have been posted to the forums Smiley I'm totally blown away by the overall quality - congratulations, everyone!

I also wrote up a post of my favourites over at my blog. Here it is, in case anybody wants to read my take on it Smiley

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »

I agree these are awesome games. Good job to all the entrants and I hope we'll see more competitions like this one in the future.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2007, 06:03:38 PM »

Wow! 28 entries in total? That's some competition! Awesome work people, I've noticed there are some truly wicked entries. Smiley

"Fun is rule."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic