Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:36:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSUPER III Mobile
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37
Print
Author Topic: SUPER III Mobile  (Read 92033 times)
Fresh Mozzarella
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 02, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »

The logo looks a bit generic to me. Doesn't tell me anything about the game and looks like its the 3rd game in a generic series.

I would take a look at some of these of these to see how they imbued some personality into their logos, and then think about what Super III's personality is. And before someone says it: yes these logos are outdated, but they reek of personality and fit the game & time period.

games
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 02, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »

The logo does not need to keep with the pixel aesthetic of the game art. Just like your character sprites, your logo should start as a drawing and then be converted to the necessary image format.
Sam B
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: October 02, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »

Never before in a thread have I seen so many people contributing in-depth sketches, ideas, and concepts.
Feedback is one thing, but I find the SuperIII thread looking more like a "community-built game" more than any other thread. I know everyone wants to help build the best game possible...

Taking in feedback is good, Zack, but don't forget to stick to your vision. It's your game.
Fresh Mozzarella
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 02, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »

Never before in a thread have I seen so many people contributing in-depth sketches, ideas, and concepts.
Feedback is one thing, but I find the SuperIII thread looking more like a "community-built game" more than any other thread. I know everyone wants to help build the best game possible...

Taking in feedback is good, Zack, but don't forget to stick to your vision. It's your game.

This is the burden you bear when you open source development progress, you have to start to weigh the allure of public opinion to your inner design desires. I think you're probably critiquing this entire sub-forum as a whole rather than this thread.

games
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »

tell these nerds to shut the fuck up if it bugs ya

make the super meat boy YOU want to make

Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 02, 2014, 11:57:13 AM »

Zack, what if Sonic was in the game? What if the whole game became Sonic?

Think about it.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: October 02, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »

Zack, what if Sonic was in the game? What if the whole game became Sonic?

Think about it.

you know, this is a good point! i'd quite love to play a "sonic 3"

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: October 02, 2014, 02:17:36 PM »

tell these nerds to shut the fuck up if it bugs ya

You guys should stick with your game of course, because that is what has people interested, but all this "user feedback" is important for one reason if nothing else at all - it proves there is something extra special about this game! Hopefully, above all, you guys are extremely encouraged.

Besides, these forums would be boring if the only thing any of us said was "this looks neat keep it up". Just imagine if that's all Rabbit ever said.  Yawn

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #688 on: October 02, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »

Haha, I'm certainly not against any of the feedback! I find it cool when people find it important enough to sketch out or go into detail about an edit/idea. It only gets somewhat frustrating, Pre-Kickstarter-Success, lol.

Like I'm not a graphic designer. I came up with a logo idea (somewhat generic/safe) and had Hunter work on it. It's cool that people want an edit, but I can't afford one. Obviously this could be done later, but hopefully you see my point Smiley

As for the Sonic comment, I'm not super sure what you meant or if that was sarcastic. I've always wanted to make "New Sonic, but not bad" though, haha. At this point, SUPER III is what it is. Music/sfx coming along nicely, btw.

Also got the composite object stuff in place. It's not quite simple/streamlined, but it works. I'm glad that GMS allowed you to edit instance names now. It helps with setting parents in custom creation code.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: October 02, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

considering making this my epitaph

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: October 03, 2014, 04:27:05 AM »

As for the Sonic comment, I'm not super sure what you meant or if that was sarcastic. I've always wanted to make "New Sonic, but not bad" though, haha.

I was just trying to give feedback that was clearly useless, for comedic effect. Super III rocks and you should stick to your vision. Even if it is a no-Sonics vision.
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 03, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »

Who cares about logos, really.
I've never in my entire life stopped playing a game because of its logo, if we're talking advertising side here, you've got a plenty amount of good art for that, no need for an amazing logo (even though i really like it)
Hell, you could have no logo for what i care, would still play it if its good.
ofx360
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 03, 2014, 08:31:27 PM »

I actually only play games that have a logo that looks something like Bubble Bobble's logo.

You know what you must do! Evil
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: October 04, 2014, 06:25:11 AM »

A title screen sets the tone for the game and displays the developer's ability to make something cool (and functional).
These things are important.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Nico May
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: October 05, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »

Just played some of the alpha.......wow this game feels good, controls feel so solid, whole thing just feels great! awesome work:D

ps. are you gonna make it so you can see part of the player sprite on each side?

Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: October 05, 2014, 03:50:08 PM »

Just played some of the alpha.......wow this game feels good, controls feel so solid, whole thing just feels great! awesome work:D

ps. are you gonna make it so you can see part of the player sprite on each side?

Thank you! And yeah, probably. It's a simple addition, just haven't put too much thought into it. So I'll say yes, but probably not soon?  Shrug

HQ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 06, 2014, 05:00:09 AM »

last try  My Word! (would need adjustments of course - just a very very fast sketch mockup)

hhttps://twitter.com/HQ_PixelArtist
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 06, 2014, 05:37:24 AM »

I'm not gonna be able to make changes to the logo for another week probably, because my computer is busted and I'm waiting on new parts but

Like someone said before I don't think an 80s metal band logo fits with the feel of the game

Also even more than that it's down to budget concerns and a logo is at the bottom of a very long list of things that zack should probably be paying for instead
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: October 06, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »

Sorry for the lack of solid updates lately. Life is happening! You know the still. Hunter's computer pooped itself, and money is TIGHT right now. We're working on planning the Kickstarter launch. We're able to shave roughly 12K+ off of the original goal. Nothing is dead or anything like that, but it's slow until we can afford to do this full-time Smiley

Thanks for your patience and continued interest!

EDIT: This weekend I've been trying to make content for the Game Maker Marketplace. I'm not sure how great the community is, but if it helps make ends meet, then it's good for SUPER III.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:23:46 AM by Zack Bell » Logged

Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 07, 2014, 04:44:51 AM »

EDIT: This weekend I've been trying to make content for the Game Maker Marketplace. I'm not sure how great the community is, but if it helps make ends meet, then it's good for SUPER III.

That rope stuff looks really cool! Is that integrated with the MASH Engine?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic