Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:12:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBest mobile game dev toolkits?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best mobile game dev toolkits?  (Read 1039 times)
ak999
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »

Anyone got advice on mobile game toolkits? I have some ideas for a game like Plague Inc (virus simulator, start in 1 country, infect others), but there are SO many toolkits and SDK's out there, I don't even know where to begin.

I don't need 3D, I don't need ultra-fancy graphics, it will be all about the gameplay, humor, and features. Ideally, what I want is something that has a "genre framework" for this type of game, which I can modify to suit my specific needs. But I can deal with building it from scratch, without a framework.

Any advice, tips, or thoughts, would be appreciated!
leonidax
Level 0

Never lose the sight of your dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »

I use unity3d but I've seen that a lot of people uses cocos 2d, if you are the kind of guys that likes to write things from scratch then i would recomend sdl or qt.  Gentleman

Twitter: @leonidax
Hambone
Level 1

follow on the twitter @The_Hambone1988

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »

I am needing one of these as well! Let me know if you find a good framework. For right now I am learning it the long and hard way(documentation)

Hambone

Wannabe indie game developer
XgamerrX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:22 AM »

The pass two games I worked on were built in unity 2d and right now I'm using gamemaker(pc) and gamesalad(mac)
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

I fucking love haxeflixel. Didn't have to write one line of ugly android/java code and it ran amazingly well (it targets the NDK)

glocks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 09:05:57 AM »

+1 for Haxeflixel. Setting up & running a test game on my android with Haxeflixel + Flashdevelop took me less than 40 minutes. Maybe I was lucky, but I did not expect to have something up and running so quickly.

twitter: @_glocks
Backward_Jay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »

We use Unity3d. Moving between Android and iPhone has been pretty smooth for our project.
a pita
Level 0

Whiteboard Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 01:21:56 PM »

Our team utilizes Unity3D for the sake of porting between Android, iPhone, and possibly Windows in the future. I have heard of SpriteKit as an alternative if Unity is not the direction you're looking for.

Best wishes!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic