Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:24:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsH.E.D KANNON (Turn-Based Wave Shooter)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: H.E.D KANNON (Turn-Based Wave Shooter)  (Read 1167 times)
wallace
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:20:24 AM »

HED KANNON is an attempt to make a turn-based wave shooter set in a futuristic blood sport where contestants strap an energy cannon to their head and fight off waves of opponents for money and fame.

...but at the moment it looks like this:

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE(VER TEST 1.0): https://www.dropbox.com/s/reixyr9xe4dc7cd/HEDKANNON%20TEST%201_0.exe

CONTROLS

- Click hexes to move, which charges the energy bar on the right.
- Click enemies in your lines of sight to fire the cannon, which uses up all available energy.
- Spacebar shows your lines of sight

Additional info:

- the cannon will penetrate one target for every point of energy that it has stored.
- enemies with shields will absorb a hit and be pushed back for a turn. The shield will recharge in two turns.

CURRENT STATE 11/06/14 (Version Test 1.0):

FEATURES/MECHANICS
Just the basic shooting mechanics and a couple of enemy types. Obviously it’s very basic at this stage, and I do plan to add more enemies and ways of upgrading your character, but right now I’m trying to nail the main “move and shoot” feature.

Does the kannon feel over/underpowered?

Are there too many enemies beyond wave 5? I already reduced their numbers a little bit because they could swarm the player too easily, and I intend to keep their numbers low while ranged enemies hang back and cause interference.

VISUALS
All placeholder sprites for the enemies and UI. Is there anymore visual information that is needed?

SOUNDS
Again, all horrible placeholder stuff I knocked out in seconds with sfxr, but is there any obviously missing sounds/feedback?

KNOWN BUGS

-Rare crashes during enemy pathfinding.
-Enemies spawning in can be hit by the beam that killed the last enemy in the previous wave.

Unleash your feedback!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:50:29 PM by wallace » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic