Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:02:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Song of Seven
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: The Song of Seven  (Read 6381 times)
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2014, 07:18:00 AM »

EDIT #1 We've released our lore cinematic. Check it out!

EDIT #2 I thought I should have an accurate screenshot of what the game looks up front.

EDIT #3 Vote for us on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=388638202 (SUCCESS)

EDIT #4 We just launched a small Kickstarter campaign to help us with licencing and publishing of our first title - The Song of Seven for Steam, WiiU and PS4! (SUCCESS)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1027046384/the-song-of-seven-chapter-1

EDIT #5 First Trailer released!!

Thank you for your time!

Hi! I'm making this game for PC, WiiU, and PS4.

My personal goal for this game is to create an experience that feels genuine. I put a great deal of focus into creating interesting, flawed, in-depth relationships that shape the characters as they grow. I spent the better part of my 20's figuring out who I was and went though a lot to get to where I am today. This is my way of expressing that experience to help those going through (or have been through) that similar time in their life.

Eric Gentleman

Summary

The Song of Seven is an inventory based adventure game - King's Quest (2015(, Broken Age, The Journey Down - created by Enlightened Games.

Not many epic adventures begin with a broken fence, but Kiba's does. Kiba begins his journey as a young man on the verge of adulthood, and along the way, not only does he find friends among the game's cast of unforgettable characters, he also touches many lives that will ultimately change the face of the world in which he lives. He's not a savior or a genius. He's a pretty average kid with a talent for music, a big heart, and a knack for being in the right place at the right timeā€”or the wrong place at the worst possible time, depending on your point of view.

The Song of Seven's first chapter begins in an isolated, walled village nestled in the bottom of a forested valley. Kiba goes to fix a broken fence and meets Emma, an exuberant but odd young inventor. The two of them accidentally collide with a sacred, mystical bull, and in trying to make sure it's all right, they stumble across the ruins of an ancient and forgotten temple that once housed the avatar of Ami the Hunter's energy. Once inside, the doors close behind them, and the only way out is forward through three levels of puzzles, riddles, and challenges called the Pilgrim's Path.

Each chapter is meant to be the video game version of a short story, a quick, enjoyable digital romp that can be played in a dedicated day or a lazy weekend. When taken together, the chapters assemble a narrative that roams across a world of distinct cultures and intriguing lore with a story that can be enjoyed and appreciated by all ages.

We're super excited to share this with you - and can't wait for you to play it early next year!

For more information : http://www.thesongofseven.com/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:40:07 PM by eblomquist » Logged

louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »

Wha... this is beautiful.
CoNamePending
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 09:14:46 AM »

Wow! This looks amazing, I hope we'll get to see more soon.

Can you tell us anything about the story and your inspiration?
Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »

Sort of has an Okami feel but more colorful. Really like the color choice.

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 10:30:34 AM »

@CoNamePending My biggest inspiration is I wanted to tell a story that anyone in the world could understand and connect to on a personal level. What's it's like to have no idea who you are or how you fit into this world. The story is really about the personal growth of everyone involved. I've spent a great deal of time developing rich characters that have clear emotions, character arcs, and motivations. I also did a lot of research on the path to enlightenment, the heroes journey, eastern spirituality... what it means to have a human experience. (Love, laughter, sadness, depression, anxiety, loss, compassion...)

Our flaws either help us grow or help us realize our strengths.  Smiley

@Scott Very nice of you! I put a great deal of effort into the colors lol. And it's funny you mention that - as I've heard that Okami comparison before with my art style. Although I don't consciously mean to - that game obviously had an effect on me!  Kiss

@louisdev Thank you!

CoNamePending
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »

@eblomquist
Sounds right up my alley. I have similar ideas for stories about personal growth/finding one's place in the world, but I do not yet have the means or the ability to make a game out of them yet. I'm kinda in the middle of teaching myself coding (I have zero artistic ability).
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »

Just keep moving forward - don't worry about being amazing today. If you can have patience with yourself mixed with some intense passion, you'll get there!

Nick Mudry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:55:10 PM »

I think I saw you post this on Twitter a few days ago. Looks really good! Smiley

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »

Thank you! Hopefully it turns out haha!

CoNamePending
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »

Whats your twitter account? I wouldn't mind following
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

My personal twitter account : https://twitter.com/thewillofb

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »

Looks really pretty, can't wait to see more!

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »

@slader16 Thank you! I'll definitely be sharing as much as I can!

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »

More screenies plz  Kiss

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 07:21:55 AM »

@impmaster Here you go!  Smiley

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 08:35:41 AM »

*jizz

* look around embarassed yet confident in the fact that most people will have this reaction

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 12:24:56 PM »

Cheesy hahahaha!! I'll take that as a positive response!!  Cheesy

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 05:04:47 AM »

We're up on IndieDB! http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-song-of-seven

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 05:49:35 AM »

This looks interesting. You're making this with Unity, I take it?

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 07:16:36 AM »

I am - I find it to be more convenient and efficient as a 1 man designer/artist/animator.  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic