Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:16:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Song of Seven
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: The Song of Seven  (Read 6382 times)
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 06:04:01 AM »

Thank you so much!

There are a variety of puzzles - the video I've shown so far was basically a mechanics demo. There is a lot of dialog and inventory based progression, but there is also some contextual and physics based puzzles as well. My goal isn't to reinvent the wheel just yet, but there are multiple ways to solve each progression puzzle.

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2015, 06:37:58 AM »

Hey everyone!

I wanted to throw an update on what we're up to! The script for the first chapter is nearly complete, and with that we will be in full art production. The mechanics more or less finished, we'll be putting our heads down and working hard to get this thing done before the end of the year. We also upgraded to the Unity 5 engine and the early results are VERY promising.

As you can see, the new lighting systems has had quite the dramatic impact. I'm still learning all the new features, so this will only get better with time. I did some quick color key sketches of how the environments tone and feel will change. Because of the vastly improving story arcs and script, the characters and environments have evolved. Having a professional writer has been incredibly inspiring for me as an artist. Stay tuned sometime in the next week or two we'll be releasing our lore trailer!

Hope your projects are going well!

Eric

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 06:19:59 PM »

Gorgeous. Totally forgot what this game was though.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »

haha! It's an analog controlled adventure game.  Cheesy

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »

Hey all!

We finished the lore cinematic for the game! Check it out!

Ludius
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 03:21:01 PM »

The font looks like it blends in with the background a bit in the cinematic and it's kinda hard to read. I guess it's a pretty minor thing, and maybe you already plan to change it, but I think it would be better if it were a thicker, outlined font or maybe  a different color. Very cool, though.

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »

Hey thank you - yeah I'm sure this will get polished a bit more before the actual game is released. I thought about the font visibility as well.

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 03:20:11 AM »

This is really pretty but the HUD in the bottom right doesn't seem consistent or up to par with the rest of the game. You should make that pretty too.

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 10:02:54 AM »

Oh yeah - the UI is hot garbage lol. I just threw that in there for testing purposes. In a couple months everything will look a lot more polished.

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 10:28:12 AM »

Started working on some new environments (actual game stuff) now that everything has been designed and written. Feels SO good to be back to modeling.

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »

Oh yeah - the UI is hot garbage lol. I just threw that in there for testing purposes. In a couple months everything will look a lot more polished.
*sigh of relief*

Keep it up Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »

Screenshot Saturday!  Gentleman

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »

Some new area updates!

Oh yeah - we are on steam greenlight now! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=388638202

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2015, 07:38:33 AM »

Hey everyone!

We just launched a small kickstarter campaign to help us with licencing and publishing of our first title - The Song of Seven. I know you're super busy, but if you have the time to check it out, I would be incredibly grateful!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1027046384/the-song-of-seven-chapter-1
Thank you for your time!

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »

Yesterday I streamed and hung out for 4 hours of character design - thank you. I had an absolute blast and look forward to doing more! I uploaded the videos to youtube! :D

These are for our kickstarter event running through this whole month!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1027046384/the-song-of-seven-chapter-1

http://www.twitch.tv/nixr3q

I will continue to stream game development every Wednesday @ noon CST. Topics may include :

Character concepts
Animation
Level/Game Design
3d Modeling
Here's what we created TODAY!

Character Design - Johu the Hermit -

Character Design - Siara the Blacksmith -

Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2015, 10:49:35 AM »

Lookin good Eric; I'm so glad you guys are going with an ambient/ethereal soundtrack.  Really looking forward to seeing and hearing more. The design is god damn impressive!  Smiley

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2015, 05:13:18 PM »

Thanks Kyle! I really appreciate it - in fact I've been so busy working on this I have a lot of updates to share. Here's what the game looks like now!   Wizard

Development is coming along great - our KS was successful back in March, we have a brand new website along with a dev blog (which we also post on our KS updates)

http://www.thesongofseven.com/

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2015, 11:15:09 AM »

We released a trailer this week - hope you dig it!!

Gratefully,

Eric  My Word!

eblomquist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »

Hey everyone! It's been a while!

I'm super excited to announce that we are launching on Steam on May 17th, 2016!!!!

You can check the Steam page out here... http://store.steampowered.com/app/433590

and the launch trailer here...

TheArtistJiii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »

Hey everyone! It's been a while!

I'm super excited to announce that we are launching on Steam on May 17th, 2016!!!!

You can check the Steam page out here... http://store.steampowered.com/app/433590

and the launch trailer here...

I like the aesthetic. It sort of reminds me of Jak and Daxter in the early Days of Naughty dog. OH and has wind waker appeal as well. Also from the launch trailer, this sort of feels like a coming of age story?  its very cute. Unfortunately this is my first time viewing your thread so i havent really read any of the other posts, so if you could confirm or rebuke my assumption, I'd be greatful. Though i have to ask how old the main character is, and whether you think the story would have suited him more if he was a tad bit younger? But either way, Looks promising.

"I'm Jiii" -Jiii
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic