Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:47:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessEpocu – a free and easy way to hype upcoming games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Epocu – a free and easy way to hype upcoming games  (Read 2013 times)
KunjuStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:01:49 AM »

Hey guys,
We're a small danish company called Kunju Studios who love games and have previously worked on tools for gamers and game developers.

Over the past months we have been working on a way to put the work and ideas of indie game developers in the spotlight. What we’ve come up with is Epocu.

Envisioned to be a hub for upcoming games and game concepts, Epocu offers developers a unique opportunity to test their ideas and assumptions before investing time in it. Upon presenting the idea, developers can set up the interest goal to see if they can achieve the critical mass of people interested in their game concept. Once the interest goal you set up is achieved, a message of your choice will be shared through the social media of your supporters at the time you think you would benefit most from the buzz and attention it deserves.

We hope you will check it out and help us make the platform that the indie game development deserves. Epocu is completely free to use and it always will be, in hopes that the attention created helps you find investors, a fanbase as well as lay down a solid foundation for a kickstarter campaign.

If you’re interested to learn more about us, you can check it out in more detail here. http://epocu.com

Feel free to leave us your feedback or suggestions in the comments; we will do our best to answer you as soon as possible! :-)
KunjuStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 09:02:15 AM »

Hope this is the right forum section, I think it suits here very well - if not I apologise :-)
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 09:35:50 AM »

Sounds kinda interesting actually, nice website layout.  Gomez

KunjuStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »

Thank you very much! :-)
Hope you'll give it a try
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »

Thank you very much! :-)
Hope you'll give it a try
I might just try it, does it matter how early the game is?

KunjuStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 11:12:29 PM »

No it doesn't! As long as its described very good and perhaps explained with some sketches of some sort, then it's more than welcome on the site :-)
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 12:07:04 AM »

It's a nice Idea... and I could see somthing like this working on a "greenlight" sort of principle

but I can't help feeling like you've copied Kickstarters look and style too much, same fonts same colours same layout of panels etc.. You need to differentiate your look more imo.

Also the name doesn't roll off the tongue or mean anything in English so it's not memorable for a large section of the audience, and isn't spelt in an English phonetic way so people hearing the name might not be able to find it easily..

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 01:07:50 AM »

First, the overall concept is nice. I might find it useful as a developer.

I have numerous complains about the details Smiley
- it looks too much like some sort of crowdfunding, it's confusing and not needed.
- the main goal "to get the hype at the right moment" is not what I look for (OK, it's nice and everything but not the most tasty one for me), I would rather use it as a platform to:
* get to evaluate my concept (if there are fans for it)
* get in touch (ability to message them when the game is ready) with people who said they were interested
- I'm not sure the time limit "days of campaing" is good (but I have no other idea and see some benefits, so just pointing out)
- as others said, the domain name sux Smiley I would recommend something like "ILikeYourGame.com" or "ISupportThisGame.com" or "IWantThisGameToBeMade.com" (and don't be afraid of it being too long, being memorabe is far more important)

Generally, I like it and would probably use it, but I would rethink how it works.

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »

No it doesn't! As long as its described very good and perhaps explained with some sketches of some sort, then it's more than welcome on the site :-)
Awesome, I think I'll try it out!

KunjuStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 10:02:41 AM »

It's a nice Idea... and I could see somthing like this working on a "greenlight" sort of principle

but I can't help feeling like you've copied Kickstarters look and style too much, same fonts same colours same layout of panels etc.. You need to differentiate your look more imo.

Also the name doesn't roll off the tongue or mean anything in English so it's not memorable for a large section of the audience, and isn't spelt in an English phonetic way so people hearing the name might not be able to find it easily..

I'm glad you like the idea, the layout will change over time, sadly it's too late to change the name. :-(
KunjuStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »

First, the overall concept is nice. I might find it useful as a developer.

I have numerous complains about the details Smiley
- it looks too much like some sort of crowdfunding, it's confusing and not needed.
- the main goal "to get the hype at the right moment" is not what I look for (OK, it's nice and everything but not the most tasty one for me), I would rather use it as a platform to:
* get to evaluate my concept (if there are fans for it)
* get in touch (ability to message them when the game is ready) with people who said they were interested
- I'm not sure the time limit "days of campaing" is good (but I have no other idea and see some benefits, so just pointing out)
- as others said, the domain name sux Smiley I would recommend something like "ILikeYourGame.com" or "ISupportThisGame.com" or "IWantThisGameToBeMade.com" (and don't be afraid of it being too long, being memorabe is far more important)

Generally, I like it and would probably use it, but I would rethink how it works.

I'm glad you like the concept!
You're very welcome to leave a game open for feedback, a lot of people are already doing that and they are starting some great discussions. :-)
The product is still in beta, a lot of the named features will be available later on, but for now it's a bit simple.

I hope you feel like giving it a try anyway!
Chad
Level 0

That's me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 08:15:02 PM »

Neat! It's like Thunderclap with a game themed skin on it. Any other features that might help a game specific social campaign?

develepur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 03:18:42 AM »

Neat! It's like Thunderclap with a game themed skin on it. Any other features that might help a game specific social campaign?

Yes exactly! It is only 2 weeks old but for example Blackhole is having huge success, they have gotten more than 110% supported and will be shared to over 67.000 people when their campaign ends!

You can see their campaign here:
http://epocu.com/campaigns/blackhole/

I hope you feel like participating in the community and giving it a try!  Smiley
TCTomm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 04:57:08 AM »

We just posted our game Team Indie on epocu http://bsgam.es/ti-epocu to try out the service!

We hope to get some support. Great experience so far. There are some minor bugs still on the website, but nothing too bad.

We would love to hear some feedback on our game as well in the comments over there. So check it out at http://bsgam.es/ti-epocu
Chad
Level 0

That's me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »

I hope you feel like participating in the community and giving it a try!  Smiley

I would totally have used it! Alas, I only noticed the likeness because I was in the middle of this Thunderclap campaign (over now): https://www.thunderclap.it/en/projects/13311

I hope you handle updates a little bit better! (Who puts a 'View' button at the bottom that leaves the page without saving or letting the user know they'll lose what they just typed!)

keybol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 05:47:30 AM »

Thank you for this website. I have just uploaded mine http://epocu.com/campaigns/belial-project-2d-action-platformer-rpg/, although I could not update it? I have tons more to show, like in this thread.
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=41936.0
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic