Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:13:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShrooms O
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Shrooms O  (Read 5975 times)
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »

---------------------------LATEST GIF---------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------LATEST GIF---------------------------

ONLINE  Mock Anger!

Now that I have your attention:
Hello everyone! My name is Gal and my friend Yossi and I are currently developing a multiplayer game in Eclipse-Java!

So far we've been working on the project for about a week.
I would really like to show you screen shots of the game as it is, but so far we only finished the registration part.
Development is done with 127.0.0.1 (LAN) and hopefully in the future will be hosted in a server  Coffee Coffee

About the game:
Technically, the whole concept was supposed to be already done, and obviously isn't yet,
but the game is going to be a 2D-side view with a few classes, monsters and quests
which I guess you guys find familiar from others games.

I'll be updating this thread atleast once a week and hope you like it!

Thank you for your support! (Inadvance  Who, Me?)

P.S. - graphics are placeholders, until I find someone who wants to take this job! ^^~
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:20:30 AM by fakezohan » Logged
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:35:54 AM »

UPDATE 2

Hey everyone!
A short update about the progress of the game:
Yossi and I have finished the registration part completely and now login is accessible!
(Just to mention, I'm (Gal) the one who takes care of this devlog)

Soon (tomorrow) we'll start working on character creation too:
We're considering that the characters are going to be
(1) sort of a fighting monster
(2) a character with an average strength but with the help of a fighting pet
(3) a standalone character who is a human, but still capable of fighting for itself!

Graphics are still an issue - I'm still looking for an artist for the project (what-ever, pixel artist, vectors..) If you guys find yourself interested in this online game project, just message me :D!  Epileptic

Hmm.. and a picture of the current lobby: (obviously the background is also temporary)

And that is all for now :D! Hopefully you guys keep an  Blink on this project!

P.S. - And because it's a common thing to do: My mother tongue (native language) isn't English, for forgive me for any mistake  Facepalm
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:28:29 PM by fakezohan » Logged
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »

Another day of work has passed:

Today we've started working on our character creation.
Here is what it looks like right now:

As you can see, there are three giant weird looking squares with smilies in the center of the window - well, basicly this is supposed to be an "epic background" of each character this game is about to have. So far we don't have any concept art so we're compromising abit haha  Droop

As I've mentioned in the last updates: graphics are temporary (not sure for how long) -
if anyone is interested in taking part in this state (concept art, any designs, what-ever),
just message me or even post it right here!

feedbacks are welcome  Beer! Beer!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:28:56 PM by fakezohan » Logged
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:30:45 PM »

This time it's a devlog update:
I noticed that the last screen shots I've uploaded are huge!
So I uploaded them once again for your convenience  Smiley

You can also tell me if it's too small as it is now.

And.. a beer!  Beer!
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:34:32 AM »

UPDATE!

Shrug I actually enjoy this devlog, although it does not have even a single comment which isn't mine  Screamy
Lets begin with a pic:

So as you can see there's this default background (orange one) which at the moment I use for every part
of the game, due to lake of resources, which I hope will be solved at a later date..

This update is about showing the updated "lobby" screen in which you're creating and deleting characters.
The selection button does not respond at the moment, but:
Create -> pushes you right into the next page in which you're creating your character.
Delete -> which is actually the new function this time: Yeah, you guessed right - It deletes a character!

In a few days I'll be able to post abit player movement and some basic stuff like seeing your friends
in game. (This is quite basic for an online game, but it's important to build it step by step).

Well, I'm done for this post - as usually, you're welcome to support with graphic stuff Smiley,
Have a good day guys.  Tongue
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »

Hey guys, It's Gal - the programmer.
Usually I update this devlog about new game functions, but this time I decided to have abit fun
and draw some concept art by myself  Shrug

The images at the bottom are 400% scaled. Each represents a character which I've described earlier in this devlog.
Hmm.. I know this isn't professional, but it's pretty nice for me as a pixel artist  Coffee

Mmm.. ~The End~
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 02:31:08 AM »

Just trying to share my feelings with you guys

fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »

Today Yossi and I continued developing the game - Nothing that can be actually shown.
Unfortunately sometimes updates aren't visual, so I can just tell you about it this way.

Hmm.. I guess next time I'll be able to show you some kind of a open world in-which different clients
see each other with a floating name above their heads. The background will probably be missing.

And this is me right now:

fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »

New login screen  Waaagh!

New registration screen  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:19:52 PM by fakezohan » Logged
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 02:52:09 AM »

Hey all,

I didn't update for a long time, so I would like to say some words..
Well, first of all it's important to mention that Yossi is no longer part of the project.
He was drafted to the army for a couple of weeks and now is sorta unmotivated.

As opposed to him, I'm still working on the project while working 5 days a week..

Another thing is that I changed the game name to Shrooms O.
If you wonder, O stands for Online and Shrooms for mushrooms :D!

Now.. why mushrooms?

A few months ago I finished a game called Mushio - you can try it out on the next link:
http://www.mushio.co.nf/

I decided that this game (developed in Eclipse Java) will be based on Mushio (XNA C#)
with a few changes including online experience, larger world and hopefully more sophisticated AI.

At the moment I'm contemplating in which direction to start working, but I guess I'll figure it out soon.

That's all for now Smiley, feel free to check Mushio on the link I spared above and maybe even give me tips
for improvements for Shrooms O.

Gotta get back to work!  Wink
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 05:48:50 AM »

UPDATE:

(1) The last login and register screens shown were replaced. (Temporary background again).
(2) A little bit more important - character customization added (not fully implemented).

You can see the following changes below:

This is it for now. Tell me if you think it looks nice and what should be improved Smiley, bye bye.
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 11:38:28 AM »

An update!

First of all, I apologize for not updating for quite long.. It doesn't mean the project is dead Smiley

Amm.. lets begin with a picture of a few mushrooms together! (because how can someone not like mushrooms?  Grin)

As you can see the graphics are pretty basic and are done with flash.

Today I was working on a simple map editor with a put & delete object options.
I know it's basic, but it's enough for me Tongue..
Here is a pic:

Btw, if you wonder - the pictures I upload are always 50% to make sure they fit the log.

I'll update again pretty soon, ba-bye  Smiley
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 02:55:20 AM »

A small update:

Monsters! Well, to be exact, a monster! (I know it sounds better in plural, but this is it so far O_o)..

Hmm.. and well, online is harder than I thought, but it goes pretty well Smiley..

Here's a full size image for a change:

Epileptic Epileptic Epileptic
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 09:52:11 AM »

Hey everyone,

Today I discovered the future and right now I'm familiar with a very secret tool - a GIF recorder!
Well, not quite the future, as It recorded in 18 fps.. Ahh..

Moreover, I fixed a few bugs and finally monsters are shown well on the screen for every player online.

Will update soon enough,

Yours,

Best regards,

Gal.
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »

UPDATE:

Game Chat is pretty much done.
So far there's only "global" option, but it's not like there's a use for more functions at the moment..

There's a transparency option as well and also a larger chat for who-ever is convenient with it Smiley

Tell me what you think about it!
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »

Hey gal, I'm impressed with the hard work you're putting into this. Keep it up!  I would just say at this point I still have no idea what the game is about, so maybe that's something you should consider addressing in the next update.

fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 08:46:40 AM »

Hey gal, I'm impressed with the hard work you're putting into this. Keep it up!  I would just say at this point I still have no idea what the game is about, so maybe that's something you should consider addressing in the next update.

Thank you for mentioning this!

Ok, so for a start: UPDATE:

I'm not very familiar with genres of games, but this one is based on Mushio (mushio.co.nf) which I've made before.
The style is a hybrid of Mario & 2D MMORPG like MapleStory. How does it settle?

Well, basically landing on top of monsters hurts them, which is cool. Why cool? skills are based on heights for a change.
And the rest is kinda MapleStorish - It's not that I'm going to copy the game, but it's health, energy, experience and maps with portals based.

I also thought about a few ideas like "Map conqueror" which is an infinite competition between players of killing the most mobs in each map. This competition will take place all over the game and reward players with different bonuses.

That's kinda the idea behind the game. If you find missing details, please mention. Otherwise I wouldn't notice :D

And for today's game improvement: MONSTER HEALTH!

I think I've had enough with "health bars" floating above or below monsters.
Why not surround a monster with its health? More floating health points - more health. Surprising, huh?

You can't kill monsters yet, because one thing leads to an other and I will find myself stuck on the computer for the rest of the day. I will update you when it's completely done Smiley..

Well, who-ever read until this point - I am proud of you!  Grin don't forget to leave a comment  Coffee

fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 09:13:42 AM »

UPDATE:

Today was an annoying day. I just can't find a better description for this message  WTF

As you can see, there are now items. Well, wait - not items, an item.
It's an etc dropped from a monster and it took freakin' eternity to make it show up and act like I wanted!!!

But I'm relieved that in the end It's nice to play with. I actually enjoy seeing those purple slices bounce over the ground  Epileptic

Oh, btw, I apologize for the incovenience of like 15 fps while recording gifs - I have absolutely no idea to handle it.

That's all for today  Who, Me?
fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 05:02:02 AM »

Today I used my free time to redraw the mushrooms, because I wasn't really satisfied before..
I think they look a little better now  Roll Eyes

Tell me what you think  Durr...?
skittlefuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 07:01:58 AM »

The progress is awesome, keep at it!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic