Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:18:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsPlease Delete
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please Delete  (Read 654 times)
Trash_Empire
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »

Please Delete.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:52:39 AM by DevLizard » Logged
Marc Truant
Level 0

Dun dun dunn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »

Hey,

I consider myself mostly interested in writing, ideas re: design and storytelling, and I create music to boot. But I've never had the brain for programming. Maybe I would if I put more effort in, honest to God, but I'm also very head-in-the-clouds so whenever I've tried, it's been difficult. Concepts interest me. Actually writing code and putting the pieces together to make things work? Not exactly my forte. I very strongly respect those who can do it, though, because it's seems obscure, difficult, and sort of a dark art. (from my side of the fence, anyway)

You've probably got some PMs, but in the case you didn't, I've been trying to figure out how exactly to put together an RPG project that's been brewing in my head for a while. I'm not exactly looking to create anything amazingly complex or graphically impressive, because, while I don't have the head for programming, I know when some things are just going to be impossible to do, especially for a small project. I'd like to keep it mostly simple, very possibly text-based with music and some visuals to keep it aesthetically interesting. Tonally, it'd probably end up being quirky and a little strange but with gravity to it, maybe some darkness, because that's how the things I write tend to come out. If you're interested at all, shoot me a PM and I can tell you more about it.

All that being said, I can't pay, and this would be more for experience (on both our parts) and also to just put something really cool out there. If it turns out really cool and beyond our wildest dreams, I dunno, selling it is an option, but that's so far ahead in the future that I don't entertain the thought.

For the time being, I'm just interested in putting together something fun that maybe not many people have done, that I don't think would be too hard to put together either. So far, I have myself -- who can do design, music, and some writing -- and then another writer who can put together a lot of very good prose. I might be able to round up people to do art and the likes, but that's also something I wanna hold off on till I find a programmer.

Again, if any of this sounds interesting, I'd love to talk more about it, and you can shoot me a PM and we can get in touch. If not, I'm sorry for wasting your time, and I hope you find something! (And you might've, since I'm replying days late)

Thanks,

Marc
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic