Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:57:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDestiny
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 2813 times)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:13:12 AM »

So yeah, one of the biggest gamedev companies tackle every teenager's dream, and I'm quite excited to see what comes out of it and how it's gonna do, may be the next Halo?

What do you think?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:52 AM »

Well the next Halo is Halo so I don't think that will be the case but it looks good. The vs modes look cool.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »

Halo was first shooter after Goldenye 64 that you could play on console, and then it rolled in its own franchise glory while being generic space shooter.
Destiny is nothing special even now. Its like warframe or borderlands and from what i heard it mixes action-mmo hubs with themepark-mmo spawning mobs, which is boring.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:39:04 AM »

Halo was first shooter after Goldenye 64 that you could play on console

lol what

surely you are not suggesting that from 1997 to 2001 there was not a single fps game on consoles?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:44:23 AM by Rabbit » Logged

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 01:22:23 PM »

Perfect Dark?Huh??
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »

That, along with a couple Turok games, couple Quake games, Medal of Honor came out, and that isn't counting PS2 shooters.

HeliocentricS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 09:30:49 AM »

I played the last beta session for a few hours and enjoyed it. It felt like Borderlands in that it was a gear based FPS but with gun controls more reminiscent of Call of Duty than Quake. Wrapping it in an MMO structure is interesting as well since the only other MMO with decent shooting controls I can think of is Planetside which is a much different game.

I'm definitely interested in it and looking forward to the next beta session to find out more about how the entire game is structured. The first beta felt like a small slice that didn't provide a clear enough picture.
gamerzap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 03:12:11 AM »

Destiny pretty much looks like any AAA hyper graphics power trip FPS ever.  All I've seen is the trailer, so I don't know too much about it, but it didn't really look unique or that interesting.

It might turn out to be good, but like I said the trailer didn't make it seem like anything special.
Laddo_D
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this: Destiny will probably make a lot of money.

Blog | Devlog
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »

It is literally Halo with gear and quests.

If you like Halo this will be cool. If not then it wont be.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »

I wonder how they gonna manage the universe, they say you can find new shit, but if the world is the same then it will be discovered quickly even if its huge, is it gonna be dynamic?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »

Honestly I only care about the "competitive" multiplayer. And by that I mean the VS modes.

Zogthor
Level 0

Personal Text

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »

After playing the last beta I'm pretty stoked for it. I'm more of a campaign/story kind of guy and always enjoy a sci-fi yarn. The style also appeals to me more than Borderlands did, the game is incredibly gorgeous.

JimmyJ
Level 1

Hi!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:40:52 PM »

It looks like it has the same problem I have with borderlands (other than the horrible humor in that game), the enemies are way bulletspongey. I don't see any long term appeal at all in that for myself, not sure what the big deal is tbh.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 04:10:36 AM »

It looks like it has the same problem I have with borderlands (other than the horrible humor in that game), the enemies are way bulletspongey. I don't see any long term appeal at all in that for myself, not sure what the big deal is tbh.

Good VS modes.

CesarD8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »

I think it's quite different, it's combination of RPG with FPS it's very good. Halo doesn't have any RPG elements. I believe it's closer to Borderlands than Halo, but I in my opinion Destiny is more fun, it has a good balance between cooperation, exploration and competitivity.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »

It feels and plays exactly like Halo. It is Halo with that stuff added to it.

CesarD8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »

It feels and plays exactly like Halo. It is Halo with that stuff added to it.

Well, yeah, but it's like if we say that Halo is Doom with that stuff added to it, it's true, but that doesn't demerit the game.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 03:50:05 AM »

Again you are missing the point.

Its awesome BECAUSE its Halo with added stuff.

Also, saying Halo is Doom is saying Super Street Fighter IV Ultra Arcade Edition 2014 is Street Fighter II. Not even remotely similar other than the kind of game that they are.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:00:34 AM by Rabbit » Logged

GG-Works
Level 0

It's going to be a long ride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »

Considering that I've never played Halo save for that one day I rented Halo... 3 I think, I really got invested into Destiny.  Personally, this might be the game that will break subscription based MMOs if it does very well.  I have folks from WoW, FFXI, and FFXIV jumping ship after the beta ended... of course it's a small SMALL minority that I base this on.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic