Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:34:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkBackground Artist for NGPC-style Fighter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Background Artist for NGPC-style Fighter  (Read 867 times)
cardboardrobotgames
TIGBaby

Hi TIG

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2014, 03:00:20 PM »

I'm the artist for Cardboard Robot Games. We're a new, 2-person development studio. Technically we've been around for about 3 years, but we recently signed on with a publisher for our first commercial game: Pocket Rumble, a fighting game based on the SNK fighters for Neo Geo Pocket Color. Here's a gameplay video of a really early build:

I've got the character animation down pretty well for the style we're doing, but I don't really have any experience doing detailed backgrounds, so we are considering hiring an artist to do stages for the game's 8 launch characters.

Stages in our game are 340 x 128, with no hard restriction on colors. We cheat and have a gradient already in the game's logo, but for stylistic reasons it will be better if you mostly handle the shading as if you had a limited palette. All stages should animate in some way, and we will want to do parallax scrolling where appropriate.

For reference of what we're looking for stylistically, check out King of Fighters R2, SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium, or just SNK fighters in general.

The game is on track to release next summer, and you can work mostly at your own pace within that timeframe. We're flexible about how much this could pay and are mostly interested in weighing how much we like your portfolio vs. your asking price.

You can contact us at [email protected]

We don't have a proper website at the moment but we're @cardboardrobotg on twitter and we also have a Facebook we never use.
Rodifan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:37:28 AM »

Sent an email.  : Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic